*NEW PRODUCT ANNOUNCEMENT* Jerry Harvey Audio - Performance Series Universal Fit IEMs
Dec 12, 2016 at 7:16 PM Post #121 of 218
I really enjoy my new JH13v2. Still struggling a bit with the conmfort. Am using the small silicone tips now. Wanted to use SpiraloDots but they won't stay on the nozzle.
Anybody tried Shure Olives so far on them or has other recoomendations besides Comply and SpinFits?

Dec 12, 2016 at 7:22 PM Post #122 of 218
  I really enjoy my new JH13v2. Still struggling a bit with the conmfort. Am using the small silicone tips now. Wanted to use SpiraloDots but they won't stay on the nozzle.
Anybody tried Shure Olives so far on them or has other recoomendations besides Comply and SpinFits?

I use the small and short (green) Westone Startips. It will stretch onto the JH nozzle with a bit of elbow grease. It is the smallest silicon tip that I know of and it does not cover up any of the sound ports.

Dec 14, 2016 at 3:15 AM Post #128 of 218
Thanks Andy. Hope you got reunited with your luggage again.

I do enjoy! Not sure how many people rolled eyes already after telling them again how freaking awesome these IEMs are!

I believe the E-Street Band still not using InEar-Monitoring at all and going the old-fashioned way. Still potential customers for JH out there...
biggrin.gif

Dec 16, 2016 at 9:32 PM Post #132 of 218
After one week of experiments I found that for me the most comfortable fit is achieved with the small ComplyFoams.
But best sounding with the small stock silicone tips. Unfortunately JVC SpiralDot eartips will not hold on these IEMs.
Will try SpinFits again but have to get a pair again first.

Still on the list to try: Westone Silicone and Shure Olives.

I somehow feel obliged to try myself first time with a review. So I will work something out the next days...

Dec 17, 2016 at 12:47 AM Post #133 of 218
I got my first JH 16v2 pro universal yesterday and there are good and pretty bad experience I've got since ordered them until today and would like to share with you.

After waiting years and reading/desiring/saving I've finally placed an ordered and got them in few weeks. Don't get me wrong but sound wise all is amazing about these headphones as expected but this post won't be about the sound. There is a pretty disturbing issue I got with them which almost gave me a heart attack.

Yesterday once I took them off the box first time I inspected them as usual and noticed that the threaded connector on housing of left year, where you connect your 4-ping cable, was moving around with cable screwed in. On the beginning I didn't pay to much attention to it and concentrated on sound. But today after inspecting this issue a bit more I've noticed that the connector (where the thread is) is not attached to the earphone housing and completely loosing. Right side is solid stable, no issue there at all. It was like the end of the world for me after spending more than $1300 for earplugs.

Of course, I understand, these are handcrafted items and there is a human factor but was proper QA involved? 

So, I sent and email to JH as well. Will keep you posted guys.

Really upset with this issue guys :frowning2:

See the picture bellow:

Dec 18, 2016 at 11:02 PM Post #134 of 218
I also had the same loose connection problem when I bought my Angie about 6 months ago.  Fortunately, I was able to exchange for another pair with the local shop within the week.
If possible, I highly recommend everyone to buy IEM at a local shop where you can test them out before purchasing because $1,300 is not chump changes and personally, I feel more happier when I can physically bring home my toy than receiving it in the mail.

Dec 18, 2016 at 11:35 PM Post #135 of 218
Thanks dopeyzombie, I'm not alone. :)

Looks like common issue with 4 pin connector here. To be hones, I more disappointed in company than defective device. I still have my old good W40 and thanks God I haven't sold them yet, and probably won't sell them after what happened with my first JH experience. It's like suddenly realize that Santa does't exist. You know what I mean, total disappointed. I was completely sure that it shouldn't be problem like that with company as JH. Looks like I'm being to naive  :)

Anyway, will see how JH customer service will handle it and if I get a refund or replacement before Christmas. I still'd be happy to have JH iem and really want to see them to improve as US brand.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back