*NEW PRODUCT ANNOUNCEMENT* Jerry Harvey Audio - Performance Series Universal Fit IEMs
Dec 21, 2016 at 5:53 AM Post #136 of 218
  I got my first JH 16v2 pro universal yesterday and there are good and pretty bad experience I've got since ordered them until today and would like to share with you.

After waiting years and reading/desiring/saving I've finally placed an ordered and got them in few weeks. Don't get me wrong but sound wise all is amazing about these headphones as expected but this post won't be about the sound. There is a pretty disturbing issue I got with them which almost gave me a heart attack.

Yesterday once I took them off the box first time I inspected them as usual and noticed that the threaded connector on housing of left year, where you connect your 4-ping cable, was moving around with cable screwed in. On the beginning I didn't pay to much attention to it and concentrated on sound. But today after inspecting this issue a bit more I've noticed that the connector (where the thread is) is not attached to the earphone housing and completely loosing. Right side is solid stable, no issue there at all. It was like the end of the world for me after spending more than $1300 for earplugs.

Of course, I understand, these are handcrafted items and there is a human factor but was proper QA involved? 

So, I sent and email to JH as well. Will keep you posted guys.

Really upset with this issue guys :frowning2:

See the picture bellow:

Considering the number of years JH Audio has been into this business and the fact that the last two generations of universals series did face a lot of flak for build issues, it is a SHAME that they still haven't gotten their act together. Celebrity endorsements seem to get more dedication from them than ensuring spotless build quality. I almost jumped on the new Performance Series thinking they must've mended their previous mistakes at JH Audio. Now, I would rather wait for 4 more years for a safer series from them or simply shift to another brand than bet $1500 on these guys. Not to mention their website that looks like a school kid's work making readability and navigation a challenge. The only good thing they seem to care to get right is shooting Jerry Harvey's photos in all its sharpness and holy tone and fighting it out for patents. Good bye and good luck, JH Audio. S-c-a-r-y-!-!

Dec 21, 2016 at 9:15 AM Post #138 of 218
Ok, guys, got reply from JH customer service Monday morning and here short correspondence bellow:

JH CS: Sorry about everything, we can fix it.
Me: No, No, No. Please replace it. I'd like to get a brand new device I paid for, not fixed since I got them already defected. Also, since all entire connection was moving inside, now I have feeling that something could be damaged and left ear sound a bit muffled.
JH: Send it to us and we will redo it if needed.
Me: Ok, you gave me no choice.

One good thing they provided overnight label but didn't promise I get my headphones back to me before they will close for holidays.

So, after these days of thinking I have few questions to bring up and maybe someone have some thoughts:

Is Jerry Harvey running the company or they just using his name? We're talking about his name here and, I understand, and feel pretty bad, that all of this happening.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not an expert in 3D printing but isn't these printers designed to print a shape/detail with unibody/solid shape? I've noticed that tread connector most likely glued in to the body. Why not use 3D printer to print that connection and body together?

The answer that they'll need to inspect and redo a headphones - Understood, but we are talking about universal shape, not custom. Not sure but don't they do a batch of these to sell them in stores?

Please correct me guys if anything.

Dec 21, 2016 at 11:06 AM Post #139 of 218
  Ok, guys, got reply from JH customer service Monday morning and here short correspondence bellow:

JH CS: Sorry about everything, we can fix it.
Me: No, No, No. Please replace it. I'd like to get a brand new device I paid for, not fixed since I got them already defected. Also, since all entire connection was moving inside, now I have feeling that something could be damaged and left ear sound a bit muffled.
JH: Send it to us and we will redo it if needed.
Me: Ok, you gave me no choice.

One good thing they provided overnight label but didn't promise I get my headphones back to me before they will close for holidays.

So, after these days of thinking I have few questions to bring up and maybe someone have some thoughts:

Is Jerry Harvey running the company or they just using his name? We're talking about his name here and, I understand, and feel pretty bad, that all of this happening.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not an expert in 3D printing but isn't these printers designed to print a shape/detail with unibody/solid shape? I've noticed that tread connector most likely glued in to the body. Why not use 3D printer to print that connection and body together?

The answer that they'll need to inspect and redo a headphones - Understood, but we are talking about universal shape, not custom. Not sure but don't they do a batch of these to sell them in stores?

Please correct me guys if anything.

Because they can't solder it without damaging the housing and also the 3D printer can't do metal the parts. So, they are manufacturing the connector separately, doing all the solder business outside and gluing everything in when finished.

But I'm really having a hard time understanding all of this. Why would they release an acrylic series after releasing metal ones?

Dec 21, 2016 at 11:55 AM Post #140 of 218
You mind taking a pic of these in your ears. I'm curious how far they stick out

Sorry I don't have the Rosie's anymore but they did not fit as flush in my ears as say an SE846 or even K10. Still not nearly as bad as my Layla's.

Dec 22, 2016 at 9:23 AM Post #141 of 218
Guys, good news. I would even say "GREAT" news. Got reply from JH repairing department. They won't replace my defected headphones but they are going fix it for free. WooHoo!!!

Be aware! You might not be as lucky as I am and get defected headphones from company who makes them and you might need to pay, probably, another few hundred bucks to fix their defect. Or you might be lucky and get a good device.

Why I'm being so sarcastic? Because, it's only my stupid mistake to step into this... I had a replacement from Westone without even providing a receipt and place where they were bought, only date. But, I'm not trying to give them benefit just compare.

JH - is a biggest disappointment personally for me in 2016!

ps. unfortunately I found W80 were released after my JH order was placed.

I'm done here if nothing else will come up! Be careful on what and where you spend your money.

Thank you all

Dec 22, 2016 at 10:40 AM Post #142 of 218
My personal experience with JH was also less then stellar. I bought JH13v2 customs and they needed fixing. After sending them back and waiting couple of weeks I needed to send 10 emails to 3 different people to get some sort of inkling whether they were actually received. It took a lot of hustling to get any status update.

My JH13v2 sound fantastic and I like them a lot. But the build quality could be better. I went with translucent black and color and just next to the connector there is a small patch of clear acrylic. That's not the quality I expected.

I am very happy with the sound but my next pair of IEMs will probably not be JH.

Dec 22, 2016 at 12:07 PM Post #143 of 218
Looks like the forum does work and they're acknowledged there what happening here :) They asked me to mark my box "Rush" on beginning but now I got reply that normal turnaround is 5-7 days so I you have to wait until next year to get them back. If you promise to proceed as rush, why you changing your mind as 12 years girl? Such unprofessional I'm telling you guys :) Now I'm start thinking to cancel that transaction with my bank because they started that war and really don't want these headphones anymore.

Dec 26, 2016 at 3:13 PM Post #145 of 218
A month ago, I completed the JH Crew signup form (which said JH will contact you within 24 hours). A week later, I didn't get an email so I submitted the form again. I waited 3 weeks, then decided to contacted customer relations, sending them an email and attached my receipt. I got a reply that the support team can't find my username, so I sent a screenshot that it's correct. They replied that they want to see my proof of purchase, so I replied that I attached the receipt in the previous email, and then I got a reply that they still can't find my username, so I changed it (removed a ".") and asked them to check again. That was the last reply. Why can't they manually add my username or account into their system and get my signup dealt with?
It seems like I'm not a valued customer after spending $1200 on their products.

Dec 27, 2016 at 9:51 AM Post #147 of 218
Hello All,

Hope you are enjoying your holidays.

After I emailed regarding refund I got reply back that they are going to be fixed immediately and overnight which they actually did and I got them last Friday. For me, looks like left ear-but was replaced but I'm not sure. So, now it's solid and 4pin connection won't move anymore. However, Andy was very kind to pm me and offer his help. I appreciate this.

So now I'm pretty enjoying the sound and discovering something new in music details.

Only one thing I'm having insignificant problem with is that tread connector, on cable this time, always get unscrewed by itself. It doesn't bother a lot but hope I won't loose an earbud once. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back