New Practical Devices XM6 Amp/DAC (The Complete Review)
Sep 23, 2010 at 12:58 PM Post #61 of 557
Hmm, seeing as the D10 only uses one opamp, I'm guessing they're all dual channel? Or can some work as both?

Sep 23, 2010 at 2:42 PM Post #62 of 557
D10 uses dual channel opamps, so they won't be compatible.

Unless you have two opamps on a socketed 2x1 adapter, then you can remove the two since they are mono opamps and use them in the XM6.

Sep 23, 2010 at 6:14 PM Post #63 of 557

Quote:
D10 uses dual channel opamps, so they won't be compatible.

Unless you have two opamps on a socketed 2x1 adapter, then you can remove the two since they are mono opamps and use them in the XM6.

You're right, my bad.
redface.gif
  I haven't owned a D10 in a long while.

-HK sends

Sep 24, 2010 at 8:26 PM Post #67 of 557
So pins 1, 3, and 5 make up a line-out from the DAC through the Auxiliary socket?

Sep 25, 2010 at 6:18 PM Post #72 of 557

Quote:
you know i dont see the most important bits, whens it comming and how much?

I'm not sure when PD plans to release the XM6 (I hope they weren't waiting on me
tongue.gif
), or what the final price is supposed to be.

Quote:
Too bad it only has analog and USB inputs, it would have been nice if it had optical/coax SPDIF as well like the iBasso D10/12.

That was my suggestion to PD.  Maybe we'll see it in the XM7? 
popcorn.gif

Cheers!
beerchug.gif

-HK sends

Sep 26, 2010 at 7:52 PM Post #73 of 557
Well the D12 just came out, which is pretty stiff competition right off the hop. Let's hope the little Canadian amp maker can make a good run of it.

Sep 27, 2010 at 8:33 AM Post #75 of 557
I hope the pricing is competitive at least. Oftentimes people don't account for all the features in the value, so all they see is $ for a dac/amp which put the XM5 at a disadvantage, and will probably affect the XM6 similarly. iBasso also has better momentum going for them and release more products overall, so their name recommendation is way up.

I think if the XM6 were able to use all these dual channel opamps I have, it'd almost be a sure sale for me (plus I like to support my local Canadian guys).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back