New Power Cable to consider--IeGO Power Cable
Mar 9, 2008 at 11:56 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 117

slwiser

Headphoneus Supremus
Here is a link to a new cable that is just coming into production. Cost is 65$ or 95$ depending on which plug you get with a 1.5 meter length, US plugs only.

Check it out.

IeGO Power Cable, now ready to ship!!! Check first post for info.

Review:

Impressions of the new IeGO PC by a board member

001175afd1pe7.jpg

"What's more interesting is that the copper used is sourced from Furukawa (yes, that really expensive Furukawa), their 1020 Copper/Rose copper is rated at 4N purity. It is then alloyed with 0.1% of gold before it is made into wire (all the copper in the cabling have been alloyed with gold) and use OCC casting process with diamond drawing die to create it. The silver plated copper additionally receive between 120um to 240um of pure silver plating (plating thickness depends on wire gauge).

It is then cryo processed in liquid nitrogen for 22 hours @ -240C/-400F to relieve all internal stress, and then bundled up to make the wire you see above."

Mar 10, 2008 at 5:42 PM Post #6 of 117
Quote:

Originally Posted by HiGHFLYiN9 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Thanks Maniac, also check to see what the dielectric is if you can (ie: polyvinyl-chloride / polyethylene / teflon etc.)

Actually it is a mixture of different dielectrics.

The outer layer is high quality DuPont PVC, which is soft and easy to handle. the actual metal itself are insulated (some strand by strand) via a PVC jacket over each assembly, then some strands are insulated individually via teflon and voids in the braid are stuffed with cotten stuffings.

If you take a look at the dissected view, you can see some strands' insulation are white with a bit of translucent feel. That's teflon, and the white strands of fabric are cotten.
wink.gif

Mar 10, 2008 at 7:17 PM Post #7 of 117
Here's some photos of the 8055CT connector and the whole cable. Better to show the copper and how flexible this cable is.
wink.gif

click on photos for the really big ones, the item is actually quite clean, but the darn flash on the camera is picking up every little speck of dust.

I've just taken these two photos and was about to use them for the auction page, but I guess I'm a bit worn out here and will leave that for later I guess.
wink.gif

Enjoy...

Mar 13, 2008 at 3:11 AM Post #10 of 117
Quote:

Originally Posted by yotacowboy /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Hey maniac, is the cable available by the foot with no connectors? I'd be interested in picking up about 3 or 4m.

I'm sorry that we currently only have the pre-made ones, at the moment we are not setup to sell by cut-to-length method.

Mar 13, 2008 at 4:31 AM Post #13 of 117
What is the type B connector? IEC or what? Like to see a picture of the other side connection.

Mar 13, 2008 at 4:51 AM Post #14 of 117
Quote:

Originally Posted by BIG POPPA /img/forum/go_quote.gif
What is the type B connector? IEC or what? Like to see a picture of the other side connection.

dscn21531jx1.jpg

That's the IEC end.

For plug types:
Domestic AC power plugs and sockets - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Wikipedia have some in depth info, basically an american style two prong (unearthed) plug is type A, if you add an earth pin, it is now called type B.

Mar 13, 2008 at 5:03 AM Post #15 of 117
Come on now... Profiles are only good in mugshots. The plug is clear.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back