New Portable Amp/Dac: iBasso D1 **with updates on the first page**
Aug 15, 2007 at 4:41 PM Post #196 of 2,626
Maybe a reveiw thread devoted to listening impressions. The D1 does go to new territory because of all that it can do and even opamp roll. I would like it the size of my Xin Reference but that will be next time, maybe. :^) Actually for a dac and amp with batteries included with a built in charge unit and . . . The P2 also looks like it will be interesting as it is a new design with a small size and thick faceplates that are countersunk.

My D1 is still in HK, as far as I know. I wonder why they used different carriers?

Aug 15, 2007 at 5:15 PM Post #197 of 2,626
Quote:

Originally Posted by jamato8 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
My D1 is still in HK, as far as I know. I wonder why they used different carriers?

All the better to spread the D1 love around!
tongue.gif

Aug 15, 2007 at 5:35 PM Post #198 of 2,626
Quote:

Originally Posted by Dexdexter /img/forum/go_quote.gif
All the better to spread the D1 love around!
tongue.gif

I guess so. I called UPS and my is a "saver shipping" but is guaranteed to be here by tomorrow evening, Thursday. Woohu. . .. well I will see if it gets here by then.

I am picking up one of these also for longer term listening and what appears to be a good source of 4000uA's of reserve with variable voltage out up to 19 volts.

http://www.tekkeon.com/site/products...-adapt3450.php

It can be purchased on ebay for 114 and the same person can be the extra battery for 79 so the capacity would be doubled.

Aug 15, 2007 at 6:24 PM Post #200 of 2,626
I don't know. I have the Monica II, which has some excellent reviews comparing it to dacs costing a few thousand and bettering them so I think that will be very stiff competition, which I don't expect the D1 to top but if it comes close, that will be excellent. I have also upgraded the power supply on Monica with some Blackgates, and to my surprise I got a boost in sound quality (I had a BG in there but not the uf's I have now and not in the Super E configuration with the extremely low ESR and inductance). Anyway, I look forward to the shoot out between the separates of the Xin Reference and the Monica II and the D1.

Aug 15, 2007 at 6:27 PM Post #201 of 2,626
Quote:

Originally Posted by jamato8 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I am picking up one of these also for longer term listening and what appears to be a good source of 4000uA's of reserve with variable voltage out up to 19 volts.

http://www.tekkeon.com/site/products...-adapt3450.php

It can be purchased on ebay for 114 and the same person can be the extra battery for 79 so the capacity would be doubled.

Nice to know that's out there, but I doubt I'd be listening for better than 20 hours at a stretch.
eek.gif

Aug 15, 2007 at 7:10 PM Post #202 of 2,626
Good point. 20 hours is more than enough but with my travels that come into play, like my recent year and a half in China, have battery power and back-up for everything from the laptop to whatever else needs POWER, it is a nice option. I like gadgets anyway, and ones that are quality.

Aug 15, 2007 at 8:06 PM Post #204 of 2,626
If reviews say this is a decent amp, I may just make this my first amp. They versatility is awsome and oh so tempting!

I don't think it's been covered so far...will the D1 work for IEM and high impedance cans, or is it meant for one or the other?

Aug 15, 2007 at 8:17 PM Post #205 of 2,626
Will have to see how quiet it is for IEM's but with output buffers it should have no problem with impedence. Coming off of your computer with the USB it should make for a nice setup. If you have a portable CD player with optical out then a mini to toslink optical line would give you a good option for listening to CD's. We shall see.

Aug 15, 2007 at 8:32 PM Post #206 of 2,626
The options is what draws me right now. I have several things that have optical outputs (PC, PS2, CD player). I like that I can use it as a soundcard on my laptop via USB if I choose. The Aux in becoming a line out is just awsome to
smily_headphones1.gif
They really did some practical thinking on this one. Very appealing. I can't wait for yours to arrive Jamato, I can't imagine how you feel
tongue.gif

Aug 16, 2007 at 3:11 AM Post #207 of 2,626
Ok, I see that it is en route to Ontario, California from Alaska after crossing the Pacific from Hong Kong, after leaving China. From Ontario is will come by truck and is supposed to be here later tomorrow.

Aug 16, 2007 at 7:53 AM Post #209 of 2,626
On the delivery truck in Denmark, should get to my home address later today.
The optical cable has already arrived.
Just a shame that I don't get to my home address for another 1½ weeks

Aug 16, 2007 at 8:15 AM Post #210 of 2,626
Quote:

Originally Posted by Dexdexter /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Indeed. Please let us know how it works out for you.
smily_headphones1.gif

x2

Users who are viewing this thread

Back