New Plenue D3
Nov 23, 2020 at 1:33 PM Post #16 of 68
I'm still using Cowon S9, but the power/lock button is broken.

I was wondering the same thing about JetEffect 5 vs 7. Does it affect the presets like BBE Viva etc, or does it add more different ones, or what?

Cheers.

Nov 23, 2020 at 6:49 PM Post #17 of 68
I'm still using Cowon S9, but the power/lock button is broken.

I was wondering the same thing about JetEffect 5 vs 7. Does it affect the presets like BBE Viva etc, or does it add more different ones, or what?

Cheers.
Having owned a bunch of Plenues, and the S9 and J3, I’d say the changes to the sound from the presets are the same. The same range of presets are in both JetEffect 5 and 7 and they seem to do the same alteration, although difficult to compare as each player does sound a bit different. The only difference I can tell is JetEffect 7 has 10-band EQ for the User custom settings vs 5-band EQ on JetEffect 5.

Since JetEffect 7 is only on the larger players it makes me wonder whether there’s a hardware limitation and JetEffect 7 requires more processing power than the smaller models have. But I don’t know if that’s the reason or if Cowon just purposely limit version 7 to their higher tier players to differentiate them.

Dec 4, 2020 at 12:24 AM Post #20 of 68
I am intrigued at this. I own the original plenue D, so I know how to temper my expectations. Has someone reviewed this?
The only review I've been able to find is the video linked in post #10 in this thread - it's in Korean but with English subtitles option.

Dec 4, 2020 at 6:17 AM Post #22 of 68
The only review I've been able to find is the video linked in post #10 in this thread - it's in Korean but with English subtitles option.
Haha. Can't believe I missed that, this thread only has 2 pages. Thanks.

It's quite funny because I recall Cowon has an older DAP named Cowon's D3 Plenue, but that was android 2.1 DAP with bluetooth and hdmi support (of all things!).

Dec 4, 2020 at 8:05 PM Post #24 of 68
Haha. Can't believe I missed that, this thread only has 2 pages. Thanks.

It's quite funny because I recall Cowon has an older DAP named Cowon's D3 Plenue, but that was android 2.1 DAP with bluetooth and hdmi support (of all things!).
Yeah I found that out while googling for reviews - why would they give their product the exact same name as a previous player? Seems like a weird thing to do when there’s plenty of letters and numbers left for them to use!

Dec 8, 2020 at 10:24 PM Post #26 of 68

Users who are viewing this thread

Back