NEW! Pioneer SE-MJ591 "Audiophile" headphones unboxing & impressions to come.
Dec 4, 2012 at 8:04 PM Post #166 of 188
Well the other two were the Pioneer HDJ500(really comfortable and light) and the Sennheiser HD360 Pro(which maybe rebrads of PX360), and those were even tighter but isolated sound even better than many NC models. 

I went to a different BB and was almost sold on the Harman Kardon CL line(they look and kind of feel similar to the P5), but I felt like it would leak sound a bit. There were a few other decent ones too at the same price as the Pionner, but their design are a bit loud. 

Dec 4, 2012 at 11:35 PM Post #167 of 188
Quote:

IMO, the Spirit One doesn't sound like a $300 headphones.  

I've heard $600 and $800 headphones that don't sound like $300 headphones.

Dec 5, 2012 at 3:19 AM Post #169 of 188
Quote:
Well the other two were the Pioneer HDJ500(really comfortable and light) and the Sennheiser HD360 Pro(which maybe rebrads of PX360), and those were even tighter but isolated sound even better than many NC models. 

I went to a different BB and was almost sold on the Harman Kardon CL line(they look and kind of feel similar to the P5), but I felt like it would leak sound a bit. There were a few other decent ones too at the same price as the Pionner, but their design are a bit loud. 

So, what did you get instead? 

Dec 5, 2012 at 3:40 AM Post #170 of 188
I got a pair of the AKG 451, which I thought would be different than the 591, but it has a similar darkness to it, but a bit more muffled. The bass level is about the same as the 451, but a bit fatiguing so far. As for comfort, it is about the same but without it being that tight. I am going to let it burn it more, but so far it's more the same as the 591. I think I am coming to realize I need to spend about 200 to get something more to my liking. :/

Dec 6, 2012 at 2:18 AM Post #171 of 188
Quote:
Is there a pioneer model one step above these? 

Not at this time...

A few years ago, there was the Monitor 10R, which I've never heard, but some people seem to prize.

Dec 6, 2012 at 4:30 AM Post #173 of 188
Quote:
Not much info on those particular cans. :\

Unfortunately not.  Are you interested in sticking solely to Pioneer cans?

Dec 6, 2012 at 4:32 PM Post #175 of 188
Quote:
Any brand that meets my need, and don't looks kiddish. 

Without knowing what kind of music you listen to, I would consider the Sennheiser Amperior as a closed portable.  I've auditioned those, and they are now on my wishlist.

Dec 16, 2012 at 3:45 AM Post #177 of 188
NO.

Jan 27, 2013 at 11:43 PM Post #178 of 188
Hi,
I am a new  here. just wanted to enjoy my music. There is a lot of information here but its very confusing too. I was looking for over the ear closed headphones and did try Shure srh 840 and AT M50 for a few days but did not like those partly because my source is low quality and I have no amp.

After many days of painful reading and re-reading about people's biases and dispositions, I went to Magnolia and tried the handful of headphones there for myself . This Pioneer MJ 591 blew all other away including Sen 558, AT AD 900,B&W P5.and even a pair of Denon d400  there.That was both with their own set up music and with my GS3.

Of course, I am biased too but I would list the things I liked about it

Very crisp clear soound
Amazing bass and mids
lively, fast  and fun
Very sensitive and easier to drive with my GS3

I am going to get it now but 299$ is a lot of money for me and I was wondering if someone could direct me to a cheaper deal online.

I also want to protest about the lack of info about this headphone on head-fi except this great thread. This forum might became  hype generating media outlet if care is not taken to keep vested interests away.

I also feel that a section be dedicated to a large number of people who just casually use laptops for music and recommend to them good, fun headphones for pre recorded stuff not the studio monitors etc

All of above just slipped out, no offense

peace.

Jan 28, 2013 at 7:03 AM Post #179 of 188
Try here but hurry, only 1 left.

Jan 28, 2013 at 11:23 AM Post #180 of 188
Thanks dear Beagle

Bought
smily_headphones1.gif

Lets see how that goes.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back