New phone on the block - Philips HP890
Oct 19, 2001 at 4:45 PM Post #47 of 76
I think I will, I'd just wish there were more reviews around... I'll go look for some.

I read your review of the HD-495s, you seemed to really like those, what makes you so sure the HP890s are better?

BTW these shouldn't need more amplification than the HD-495s, right?

Oct 19, 2001 at 5:14 PM Post #48 of 76
The HP890's are a new model so in time there will probably be some reviews.

The HD495's are very good for the money and so are the HP890's which are generally more expensive. Over here the HD495's cost $60 and the HP890's cost $90. Both are excelent value at those prices but because you can get the HP890's a lot cheaper I think that would be the better choice.

I don't think the HP890's need more amplification. Both headphones are 32 Ohm and the 495's are not very efficient.

Nov 20, 2001 at 4:15 AM Post #51 of 76
Good question... it took them more than a week (and an extra email from me) for them to confirm the order (they did so on the 31th), and they have not arrived yet!!!

I'm rather irritated and I think I'll send them another email tomorrow...

Edit: I just mailed them, let's see what they have to say...

Nov 20, 2001 at 9:04 PM Post #53 of 76
If they treat me like they did last time I mailed them, they'll get back to me in 4-7 days...
rolleyes.gif

Nov 22, 2001 at 12:02 AM Post #56 of 76
You actually got a date!?

this is all I got back when they (finally) confirmed my order on the 31th.

Quote:

Hej!

Vi har mottagit din order och den levereras så snart som möjligt.

Mvh
Bluemarx

Nov 22, 2001 at 8:32 AM Post #57 of 76
Wow, I'm pretty sure just saw these headphones in Australia for AUD$125 (about US$62).

Wondering, how well do they isolate? In a library for example, do they leak a lot of sound out?

I don't mind hearing ouside noise while listening to headphones, but I don't want to get people annoyed with sound leakage.

Also they look heavy. Is that a problem if you're wearing them for long periods? or carrying them around yer backpack?

Thanks

Nov 22, 2001 at 12:20 PM Post #59 of 76
They're open headphones, so I'd say they'd leak as much noise as other full-sized open headphones--a lot
rolleyes.gif

HiBy Stay updated on HiBy at their facebook, website or email (icons below). Stay updated on HiBy at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/hibycom https://store.hiby.com/ service@hiby.com
Nov 22, 2001 at 3:46 PM Post #60 of 76
oh boo....it looked like it cups around the ear though??

maybe HP550 would be a better choice for me then? I saw them for AUD$68 (US$34)

Buddha - Brisbane City Myer centre, a new Retravision which just opened up. (i'll check the prices again just to make sure)

Also, Lini said the phones sounded fine from a portable, so that means it should sound good coming from a Sound Card like the Audigy right? I'll be using them to play games as well.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back