New pet
Dec 31, 2007 at 9:37 PM Post #16 of 47
Thanks, guys. He is cute and I do plan on keeping him unless someone claims him. I tried to clean him up a bit, but he's not having it, and he's so dirty, I'm going to let the vet do it, but she won't until Saturday, three days after his shots. So he'll just be a stinky dirty boy for awhile. Oh well. He seems really happy.

Dec 31, 2007 at 9:49 PM Post #17 of 47
Congrats to both of you! Nothing quite like feline company
smily_headphones1.gif
I had to leave mine last week while we went Christmas visiting. It killed me & he was happy to have us back yesterday. We took our tree down today & there was a nice little "feline resting spot" all carved out in the middle of our tree where he had made his bed while we were gone! Happy times ahead for both of you no doubt!

Jan 1, 2008 at 1:42 AM Post #19 of 47
If he can hold a job, he's a keeper. Six toes is the closer. How does he do with listening sessions? He could be the 08 national mascot.

Name?

Jan 1, 2008 at 2:13 AM Post #22 of 47
Quote:

Originally Posted by Happy Camper /img/forum/go_quote.gif
If he can hold a job, he's a keeper. Six toes is the closer. How does he do with listening sessions? He could be the 08 national mascot.

Name?

A Florida meet having a six-toed cat as a mascot? Preposterous!

Hemingway Cats - Amazing Cats with Many Toes

Jan 1, 2008 at 2:25 AM Post #23 of 47
I am on the other end like you were at Easter. My all-time favorite cat Charlie has leukemia. He is deteriorating rapidly and I will probably have to put him down on Wednesday. I am totally bummed.
frown.gif

He was not a very big cat. But, he was a chub at 13 pounds and was the dominant animal in our house.

HPIM0681.jpg

HPIM0678.jpg

In this pic he is still 7.5 pounds. But he is around 5 pounds now. Everytime I get up enought nerve to take him to the vet he seems to perk up, eat some and come visit me and sit on my lap .... and then I delay the inevitable. I know I have to take him Wednesday. He is has an infection that has claimed his left eye, he cant walk 10 feet or jump, he will barely eat and his heart is pounding even at rest.

IMG_0060.jpg

Jan 1, 2008 at 5:09 AM Post #24 of 47
Quote:

Originally Posted by sacd lover /img/forum/go_quote.gif
My all-time favorite cat Charlie has leukemia. He is deteriorating rapidly and I will probably have to put him down on Wednesday. I am totally bummed.
frown.gif

I had to put one of my cats down earlier this summer...tough thing to do.

Several months before that my 18 year-old female cat had been going down hill slowly but in the end it was quick, I had an appointment with the vet on a Saturday and the previous night I was with her on my kitchen floor as she slowly slipped away. She was my baby for 18 years...yeah, plenty of tears that night.

This was Shelby on her 18th Bday
1516154641044175878S425x425Q85.jpg

Jan 1, 2008 at 8:05 AM Post #25 of 47
That cat sure knows who to pick to be his owner.
smily_headphones1.gif
I'm glad you found a new companion. Hope both you and your new buddy have a great 2008 year!

Jan 1, 2008 at 5:20 PM Post #26 of 47
The perfect cat accessory:

cat-carrier.jpg

Jan 1, 2008 at 5:28 PM Post #27 of 47
Talk about the wrong post at the wrong time... people are sharing their stories of loss and you follow up with this? I'm sure you meant it as a way to lighten up the thread but I dunno.

Earl, I'm sorry to hear that you will begin the new year with the loss of your cat.

Jan 1, 2008 at 5:30 PM Post #28 of 47
Quote:

Originally Posted by Samgotit /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Yea, How 'bout that name? Any idears?

My neighbor starting calling him Henry last night, and it suits him. I'm real curious what you, Mr. Samgotit, might have in mind. So far, he's a raspy voice, gentle guy that can't get enough food. He'll finish a can, eating fast like a dog, and start crying for more.

Jan 1, 2008 at 5:34 PM Post #30 of 47
Vicky, what gave your neighbor the idea to call him Henry (sounds like a fine cat name)?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back