New pet
Dec 31, 2007 at 5:46 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 47

boomana

Headphoneus Supremus
Some of you may remember my sad post on Easter Sunday when I returned home from work to find my cat had been killed. It really messed me up, and I haven't wanted another pet since.

Yesterday at work, this little guy showed up and followed me around (I work at a nine-building residential complex) for much of a 16-hr shift. He's really filthy and has tar on his belly and tail, is skinny and has signs of dehydration, but has no fleas or mites, and is a friendly, mellow sort of guy, I'm guessing about ten months old. When I went to my car at midnight, he got in (very weird), and sat on my lap all the way home.

I took this with my cell phone last night:

1_IMAGE_00010.jpg

I've called around to see if anyone's reported a missing cat, and made him a vet appointment. If all turns out well, it looks like I have a new buddy. I didn't want a cat, but he has already made himself at home, and that's okay with me.

Now to bathe him...
eek.gif

Dec 31, 2007 at 5:55 PM Post #2 of 47
Congrats Vicky! That's a lovely cat to join you in the new year!
(good luck with the bading-thingy indeed haha!)

Dec 31, 2007 at 5:57 PM Post #3 of 47
By the look of the size of his legs and feet, I don't think he'll be a little guy much longer. Looks like you've both got yourselves a holiday gift. I heard on the news today that Toronto's Humane Society is so full they can not take any more cats in.

Dec 31, 2007 at 6:34 PM Post #4 of 47
Quote:

Originally Posted by boomana /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Yesterday at work, this little guy showed up and followed me around (I work at a nine-building residential complex) for much of a 16-hr shift. He's really filthy and has tar on his belly and tail, is skinny and has signs of dehydration, but has no fleas or mites, and is a friendly, mellow sort of guy, I'm guessing about ten months old.

Now to bathe him...
eek.gif

Cool, a NOS cat that you can DIY back to health!
wink.gif
Congrats if you end up keeping him
smily_headphones1.gif

Dec 31, 2007 at 6:35 PM Post #5 of 47
Cats sometimes decide to get a new human, and he's made his choice. Smart cat! It sounds like it was meant to be Vicki. He's obviously made himself comfortable, and he's a cool lookin' dude. Congrats!

Dec 31, 2007 at 7:11 PM Post #7 of 47
Quote:

Originally Posted by mbriant /img/forum/go_quote.gif
By the look of the size of his legs and feet, I don't think he'll be a little guy much longer.

That's what I thought as well. He's pretty sturdy considering it looks like he's been through a lot lately. He also has six toes.

He shows no interest in going outside and just follows me around the house quietly, lying down next to wherever I am. Other than liking to grab my ankles when I walk by, he hasn't messed with anything including furniture or more importantly, any of my cables or tubes (my last cat's fav) as they're everywhere.

Dec 31, 2007 at 7:13 PM Post #8 of 47
Seems like your new cat was lucky to find you...yeah,it was meant to be. Good lookin' fellow. I hope his bath went well...tried that once on one of my cats...never again!

Two years ago I rescued a cat from a nearby warehouse near to my office. The cat was trapped inside over the New Years holiday...very hungry and needed to see the vet.

Then:
1538939428044175878S425x425Q85.jpg

Recent:
2221026240044175878S425x425Q85.jpg

Dec 31, 2007 at 7:33 PM Post #10 of 47
Ah, was wondering when (and if) we'd see a post like this. It's amazing how an animal can just roam into our lives like that, eh? Sounds like he needed an owner, and picked the biggest heart he came across. If no one claims him, I hope the two of you have a wonderful friendship!

Gotta agree with the feet - the little guy looks set to grow... and grow!

Dec 31, 2007 at 7:38 PM Post #11 of 47
Congrats there Mr Cat, you seem to have selected a wonderful new human
tongue.gif

It is great when these things just "happen" as if by destiny.

Dec 31, 2007 at 7:49 PM Post #12 of 47
nice looking cat. hope it works out.

Dec 31, 2007 at 9:22 PM Post #13 of 47
Clearly, when he entered the car Vicki, he adopted you.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back