New pair of IEMs
Jan 7, 2013 at 11:13 PM Post #31 of 65
I own both the GR07 and U700

If you don't need the lowest of bass and you take care of your iems, then go for the UE700 if you can find it for under $100. The GR07 is a little better, but it's definitely not 2x better. It has really nice bass, great mids, and the treble is awesome with the included foam tips. 

If you sprung for the GR07, you definitely wouldn't regret it. I've been using mine for over a year, and it outdoes other IEMs that are worth twice its price.

Another option to consider is the Sony EX600. It performs at about the GR07's level.

Jan 8, 2013 at 2:32 AM Post #33 of 65
Quote:
I own both the GR07 and U700

If you don't need the lowest of bass and you take care of your iems, then go for the UE700 if you can find it for under $100. The GR07 is a little better, but it's definitely not 2x better. It has really nice bass, great mids, and the treble is awesome with the included foam tips. 

If you sprung for the GR07, you definitely wouldn't regret it. I've been using mine for over a year, and it outdoes other IEMs that are worth twice its price.

Another option to consider is the Sony EX600. It performs at about the GR07's level.

Well, yes, but at a $50 some odd increase.

Jan 8, 2013 at 3:11 AM Post #34 of 65
Looking at the GR07s more and more, the more I start to like them. The only hesitation I have now is the IEMs themselves. Not for durability or anything, but for just quality, I'm curious as to what the casings are made out of. It looks like matted plastic, but I could be wrong (and hopefully, I am). 

Jan 8, 2013 at 3:39 AM Post #35 of 65
The gr07 is in my experience the most durable iem in that list. The plastic is of high quality. Also for the music you stated, they are my overall favorite of the list due to its bass quality.

The x10 is quite good, but I prefer the ue700's livelier presentation. As for the se215, it's a very good all-rounder with ample bass, but falls short in clarity. Still, the iems in the list are all great, and it will likely boil down to your soundsig preference.

Jan 8, 2013 at 7:55 AM Post #36 of 65
Quote:
Looking at the GR07s more and more, the more I start to like them. The only hesitation I have now is the IEMs themselves. Not for durability or anything, but for just quality, I'm curious as to what the casings are made out of. It looks like matted plastic, but I could be wrong (and hopefully, I am). 

The IEM case itself is a dense plastic moulding. However, the nozzles are metal and are adjustable for angle into the ear. You should have no concerns about build quality, they are a very robust IEM. They are one of my very favourite IEM's that I have ever owned, great sound from them, but they do require extensive burn-in, the manufacturers recommend 200-300 hours for their unusual bio-cellulose drivers to sound the best.

Jan 8, 2013 at 8:57 AM Post #37 of 65
Alright. I think I'm confident with the GR07s now. The only small hesitation I have now is that, at almost $180, I'm not too far off from the TF10s, which were the IEMs that started this whole quest. Am I close enough to them with the GR07s or am I truly missing out. I know the fit is an issue, but that aside...

Jan 8, 2013 at 9:01 AM Post #38 of 65
I'm very much for getting an amp. Would the GR07s coupled with one make a significant leap to matching or surpassing the TF10s? I've found a deal where you can get the GR07s with a free E6 amp. I know that's on the low end, but it's something. I'm still open to a, reasonably priced, upgrade in amp.

Jan 8, 2013 at 9:30 AM Post #39 of 65
Be careful where you buy it from though, as there are apparently a handful of Fiio fakes out there. A good distributer on Amazon for example would be Micca Store. 
Here is a list of authorized sellers.
http://www.fiio.com.cn/where/index.aspx

Hope this helps!

~Kami

Jan 8, 2013 at 9:33 AM Post #40 of 65
Quote:
I'm very much for getting an amp. Would the GR07s coupled with one make a significant leap to matching or surpassing the TF10s? I've found a deal where you can get the GR07s with a free E6 amp. I know that's on the low end, but it's something. I'm still open to a, reasonably priced, upgrade in amp.

The GR07 sounds better than the TF10. Heck, I even think the UE700 sounds better than the TF10.

An amp will make almost no difference with the GR07, unless you have a pretty crappy player. I've found that you really don't need an amp unless you're not getting enough volume straight from your player, which won't be the case with the GR07.

Jan 8, 2013 at 9:39 AM Post #41 of 65
Quote:
Alright. I think I'm confident with the GR07s now. The only small hesitation I have now is that, at almost $180, I'm not too far off from the TF10s, which were the IEMs that started this whole quest. Am I close enough to them with the GR07s or am I truly missing out. I know the fit is an issue, but that aside...

TF10 and GR07 are two completely different sound, you will never ever be 'close enough' between the two

Jan 8, 2013 at 10:18 AM Post #43 of 65
I think the BA200, R-50 or GR07 MKII would be 3 good choices to look at.  They all have different sound signatures with the BA200 being warm and smooth, the R-50 more analytical and the GR07 MKII has a balanced monitor signature.

Jan 8, 2013 at 10:19 AM Post #44 of 65
Quote:

They are a completely different sound.

The TF10's use 3 balanced armatures, and are a V shaped sound signature, with accentuated treble and bass response and slightly recessed mids.
The GR07 are a single bio-cellulose dynamic driver, that gives a more even and balanced response across the range.

I have both of these IEM's and I like them both for different reasons, but the TF10's in the UK are twice the price of the GR07 and in my opinion, the GR07 are better with more types of music than the TF10 are.

If for you, with local pricing, the GR07 and the TF10 are in the same price region, then it really comes down to what type of sound you prefer.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back