New pair of IEMs
Jan 7, 2013 at 8:30 AM Post #16 of 65
But those you must try out first, as I would say that most people find them uncomfortable to wear. If they fit, they are great, and sound amazing. Definitely try them out first. Most people state they love the sound, but many gripe of the feel of them.

~Kami

That's what I've heard is the main complaint for those, otherwise I would have bought them long ago, or if they were on a ridiculous sale.

Jan 7, 2013 at 8:34 AM Post #17 of 65
So, sticking with my budget, what would you have? SE-215, X10, RE262, or GR07? If you could only buy one. I hear RE262s can be quite epic with an amp, plus they on the cheaper side, close to the current X10 Amazon price.

Jan 7, 2013 at 8:35 AM Post #18 of 65
So, sticking with my budget, what would you have? SE-215, X10, RE262, or GR07? If you could only buy one. I hear RE262s can be quite epic with an amp, plus they on the cheaper side, close to the current X10 Amazon price.
But those you must try out first, as I would say that most people find them uncomfortable to wear. If they fit, they are great, and sound amazing. Definitely try them out first. Most people state they love the sound, but many gripe of the feel of them.

~Kami

Jan 7, 2013 at 8:36 AM Post #19 of 65

Jan 7, 2013 at 8:36 AM Post #20 of 65

Jan 7, 2013 at 8:51 AM Post #22 of 65
single... double.. triple post! kidding.

i have the se215. so if I were to get another pair it would be the gr07 bass edition. if i didnt get the 215s it might have been the ue700 then 215 then gr07be. at least thats how it is for me.

Jan 7, 2013 at 10:46 AM Post #23 of 65

Hope this helps some. The X10 holds a more true "flat" response, whereas the Shure has a stronger bass, and controlled treble, and the UE 700 has the title for reasonable bass (more flat), and most controlled treble. It's really what you're looking for in the IEM.

~Kami

Jan 7, 2013 at 11:15 AM Post #24 of 65
The Gr07 are safe bet from the above list because it's fun to listen more dynamic, punchy and detailed than X10 with fairly wide soundstage and good imaging, overall very good performer in it's price range. The IEMs like UETF10Pro, Sony EX7550, X5 and X10 are also great buy under this budget.

Jan 7, 2013 at 11:51 AM Post #25 of 65
Quote:
The Gr07 are safe bet from the above list because it's fun to listen more dynamic, punchy and detailed than X10 with fairly wide soundstage and good imaging, overall very good performer in it's price range. The IEMs like UETF10Pro, Sony EX7550, X5 and X10 are also great buy under this budget.

You're right. I completely forgot he had a price range to ~$200. For some reason I was with the idea that he was in the ~$100 range. The GR07 are great, I haven't heard them, but I haven't heard any gripes about them either

As you can see, the response is phenomenal! Very balanced.

~Kami

Jan 7, 2013 at 6:28 PM Post #27 of 65
IF i were in your shoes.... and i didnt have any of the 3 not knowing how any of them sound other than impressions from reviews... gr07. thats just me. it is a little bit more expensive but i would be willing to dish out a bit more for them.

Jan 7, 2013 at 9:54 PM Post #29 of 65
Quote:
I would say the GR07 as it performs nicely with any time of music. However, if you like that extra bit of isolation, the SE215 is a pretty good IEM too.

+1 GR07 is a great all-rounder.
I would go for the UE700, but that's likely because I prefer its signature. GR07 does a fantastic job and has great lower and upper extension, and is very well balanced. Just a word of advice: these need significant burn-in time; out of the box, they are quite sibilant, but it does largely tame

Jan 7, 2013 at 11:09 PM Post #30 of 65
Quote:
+1 GR07 is a great all-rounder.
I would go for the UE700, but that's likely because I prefer its signature. GR07 does a fantastic job and has great lower and upper extension, and is very well balanced. Just a word of advice: these need significant burn-in time; out of the box, they are quite sibilant, but it does largely tame

Bingo. Out of all of these, I'd go for the GR07, but for a cheaper alternative, I'd go for the X10. Based on your budget, it may be a good idea to go for the GR07. Again though, know your tastes, and choose based on them, and nothing is a better judge that your own ears. Take any opportunity to hear your above options beforehand, but as a "guess" from us to you, the GR07 may be your best bet.

~Kami

Users who are viewing this thread

Back