New pair of IEMs
Jan 8, 2013 at 10:34 AM Post #46 of 65
Be careful where you buy it from though, as there are apparently a handful of Fiio fakes out there. A good distributer on Amazon for example would be Micca Store. 
Here is a list of authorized sellers.
http://www.fiio.com.cn/where/index.aspx

Hope this helps!

~Kami

I actually found that exact deal direct from Micca Store. Should I go for it or is that one of the counterfeit sellers

Jan 8, 2013 at 1:13 PM Post #49 of 65
Seconded - Micca store is the real deal

Jan 9, 2013 at 12:51 AM Post #53 of 65
Quote:
And why is that?

The GR07 sounds better than the TF10. Heck, I even think the UE700 sounds better than the TF10.

An amp will make almost no difference with the GR07, unless you have a pretty crappy player. I've found that you really don't need an amp unless you're not getting enough volume straight from your player, which won't be the case with the GR07.

Jan 9, 2013 at 2:32 AM Post #55 of 65
Quote:
I find it hard to believe that, at $100+, all amps do is increase the volume. 

It's your money. You can choose to experience it yourself, or take the advice of those who have been down the road before you.

Simply put, the GR07 does not need, nor benefit from, an amp. Spend that money looking into a good DAC, or a player that contains one. That's what will help the GR07 really blow your mind.

Jan 9, 2013 at 2:32 AM Post #56 of 65
I find it hard to believe that, at $100+, all amps do is increase the volume. 

Increasing volume is their main purpose, however their are fields that can be improved or decrease depending on quality of the amp. Soundstage is a particular area that is changed, width and depth, I have a $100 amp here right now that displays very good depth on the centre channel. Dynamics, bass impact, treble response, a lot these areas are being altered because the IEM is feed more power, and most of all increased Clairty. The main purpose of an amp is to supply more power without colouring the signal however doing so is not an easy task and an expensive one. Plus an amp will also display different tone levels such as brightness and warmth depending how it's built, people like to pair different amps with a certain source or headphone to create balance, even down to the cables being used. There's many areas that can be covered about amping.

Jan 9, 2013 at 4:31 AM Post #57 of 65
Quote:

It's your money. You can choose to experience it yourself, or take the advice of those who have been down the road before you.

Simply put, the GR07 does not need, nor benefit from, an amp. Spend that money looking into a good DAC, or a player that contains one. That's what will help the GR07 really blow your mind.

I had my eyes on the HiFiman HE-602, but it's a bit of a stretch, price-wise, right now. Is there something cheaper that I can get that will play high quality files and has a DAC that will hold me off for a few months until I can get the 602?

Jan 9, 2013 at 5:27 AM Post #58 of 65
Quote:
I had my eyes on the HiFiman HE-602, but it's a bit of a stretch, price-wise, right now. Is there something cheaper that I can get that will play high quality files and has a DAC that will hold me off for a few months until I can get the 602?

Colorfly C3 or CK4.

Jan 9, 2013 at 5:53 AM Post #59 of 65
Quote:

I haven't tried many DAPs, but got Cowon iAudio 9 (~90$-120$) which easily plays flac/wav with my GR07 mkII, and can say that it's far more than enough power. 30/40 volume level is already very loud, and 35/40 is already painful due to sound level =P And also you'll get BBE and great equalizer with Cowon.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back