New Oriolus Stack - BD20 DAC, BA20 AMP, SE02 EQ, 1795 BT Receiver and more...
Sep 6, 2021 at 11:56 AM Post #122 of 144
  • Hi everyone,

Considering to grab BA20 and BD20, are they still the better choice nowadays against recent releases of other portable dac and amp ?
Hi EarFool,
Better in what way? In which category? Oriolus has some single selling points and great qualities for sure.
Here's a mini review and some thoughts, hope it helps.

TLDR: Personally I would say yes. The Oriolus stack is a great choice in the transportable category under 2k, period. Very transparent and pleasing. Versatile and upgradeable. The overall package is still very competitive and at the end of the day, everything will have it's compromise. The Oriolus is maybe not perfect, but surely above average in all categories.
If you are looking for "Bass Boost", "3D" and other fancy functionality you need to look elsewhere or get the BA300S and SE02 along. The only other contenders I would see are iFi iDSD Signature at the lower end and maybe a HUGO2 at the upper end? I don't know of any other separated components in this form factor/size.

Sound:
Since a few months now, the BA/BD20 is my daily driver and I am still happy with it. It does everything with ease and confidence. It's small enough to take along if you care about hi-fi during your workday.

Recently I have been comparing a good 12 to 15 headphones (1k to 4k price point - @K55 in Zurich), before settling on a pair of Verité C. I only used the Oriolus (BA20/BD20 + Xduoo X10Tii as transport with FLAC 16-24bit) and I could very much hear all the differences, nuances and headstage of every pair of headphones. The Oriolus made clear which headphones had sibilants, which had recessed mids, which had more soundstage, etc. e.g. I really loved the DCA Aeon II with it, great punch, but unfortunately the vocals were too recessed for my taste. Would have been a great "compact" setup.
I also shortly compared the Oriolus Stack against the HUGO2 (with X10Tii) and the Hugo sounded more dark and "closed"; hack, even the DAVE and TT2/MScaler combo did not really knock me out of my socks right away. The Oriolus sounds fresher.
Maybe a future HUGO3 would be a tempting "upgrade", but until then I believe the Oriolus stack is a great sonic/haptic "high-end baseline"! For me the Oriolus stack is a great starting point into higher audio equipment; not sure if there is much else in the trans-/portable DAC/Amp category that would merit a financial step-up to get a significant sonic ROI.
I used to have an AK120ii before, and the sound of the Oriolus (same FLAC files or Qobuz) is way better and more open and present.

Guitars and bass guitars just sound fantastic on the Oriolus. Any Blues, Calvin Russell, Brian May unplugged... Paul Simon plucking the strings of his bass is just so dynamic, clear and dimensional. Jazz vocals are very clear.
On classic concerts you can hear the breathing of clarinet players, the piano pedals, the floor squeaking, pages being turned. I read somewhere that a good indicator is Al Jarreau's album: L is for Lovers, on "Across The Midnight Sky" at 5:32 you can hear the recording device/mixer announcing the left channel: "...Left". The Oriolus stack clearly let's you hear this on any headphone.

Portability/Functionality/Price:
In the end it all depends on what you are looking for and what you are willing to spend:
I for instances was looking at the most compact, separated components. This gives me the perceived advantage of being able to upgrade single components in the future. And supposedly the quality of single components is better than an all-in-one solution for the same price point: BD20+BA20+BA300S+SE02+X10Tii was about 1600 USD.
I wanted the best quality in a transportable size to take to the office/client assignment etc. On journeys under 1h, I usually don't take the stack out and just use some TWs earbuds. Don't forget, you need to take out 3 components, connect some cables, get your Headphones out...and make sure all components are charged!
Some all-in one would surely be more convenient.
Further I was looking for fully balanced and various inputs: Usb-C, Spdif, Optical. Last year, there were not many fully balanced transportable options.

For a portable ("front pocket") it's a tad too big I would say; unless you are wearing baggy pants. The main problem with pocketting the stack are the cables on the backside. Maybe with some custom rigid U-shape adapters it would be feasible. If size is important, there are smaller portable alternatives.

Output Power:
The BA20 is powerful enough to drive anything I plug into it. Most of the time it is even too powerful: I never use it in high gain, even in low gain it has enough reserve to drive more demanding headphones. Granted, I connect everything via 4.4 pentacon, but with IEMs I can hardly get the volume knob above 7/8 o'clock on low gain. On medium gain with the 300 Ohm Verité Closed, anything above 9 o'clock is simply unbearable for me. The volume turns past 12 to 3 o'clock! That would surely damage any headphone...
For what it's worth: maybe I just don't listen as loud as other people, I don't know. I made a hearing test last year and for my 42 years, I have zero loss and my hearing is above average; I am very sensitive to high tones and sibilants. I would say, my average listening volume is around 50 to 60 dB, with the occasional spike to 70 dB (measured with Sound Meter app on Android, holding the phone inside the Earpad, as close as possible to the driver).

Some Issues Encountered:
I also use the BD/BA20 as a preamp/volume control to my iLoud Micro Monitors on the MAC. The active speakers are set to 1/3rd-1/2 volume and again, on the BA20, the volume hardly ever goes above the 9 o'clock position in low gain.
  • Before upgrading to a better C-C OTG cable, I had issues with a cheaper Micro-C and adapter: every time I touched the volume, there was some light interference. It was hearable with sensitive iems too. When I use the iFi iEmatch+ , it completely disappears, but I don't like how the iEmatch+ strangles the sound.
  • Everytime I plug the RCA>3.5 or 4.4 cable from the active speakers into the jack of the BA20 (or plug the USB-C into the BD20), my BenQ monitors goes black for a second. BD/BA20 are turned off and the the USB-C of the BD20 is set to "charging" OFF.
    Not sure what that indicates (some shortage?), but still wanted to mention it.
    (BenQ 4k > Thunderbolt 3 MBP > OTG cable to BD20 > 4.4 interconnect to BA20 > Jack to RCA Speakers; Monitor and speakers on the same wall outlet) - Thunderbolt 3 and OTG cable are connected next to each other on the same side of the MBP).
  • With sensitive iems or headphones (Amiron Wireless, B&O H9-3), some times, there is a cracklin around the 6 o'clock position of the volume knob. Not sure why this happens only from time to time. Maybe there is some dirt inside the Alps potentiometer?! ;D
    On high-impedance headphones I hear nothing.
    ! Please note: there is NO initial imbalance on the volume knob as there is with so many other amps !
    Sound starts at around 5:30 position.
OpAmps:
I'm planning to roll some MUSES01 in the BA20 later this year, unfortunately space is tight. I would love to try some SparkoS 360x opamps.
One double SparkoS could maybe force-fit the LPF stage of the BD20. In the BA20 no chance (only with extenders and leaving the cover off). The MUSES01 fit easily and should further enhance the sound. But they only output 25mA, so would probably still need something else in the Buffer stage; even when listening to "low" volume levels as I do.
The Verité Closed draw 0.205mA @80dB ; but not sure if that is somehow comparable/matching - Could anyone explain this please?
Anyway, I don't think anything else (small size) would be a significant upgrade over the OP1611/OP1612 implementation.
I started to do some research, but don't want to go down that rabbit hole yet...

To sum up, the Oriolus stack is surely one of the best contenders in that price bracket. The sound signature is just clean, transparent, pleasing.
Combined with the super clean BA300s tube stage the sound on the ZMF headphones is just glorious!
And where else do you find a fully balanced transportable stack with a tube pre-amp and an analog EQ add-on?!

The only thing I miss, is a fully fledged Crossfeed/Angle/Center functionality like on the SPL Phonitor Amps. For X-mas I would wish for an Oriolus component that just give me control over that! Please Oriolus Jaben, if you read this, I need that! :D

Cheers!

Last edited:
Sep 6, 2021 at 2:10 PM Post #123 of 144
Hi EarFool,
Better in what way? In which category? Oriolus has some single selling points and great qualities for sure.
Here's a mini review and some thoughts, hope it helps.

TLDR: Personally I would say yes. The Oriolus stack is a great choice in the transportable category under 2k, period. Very transparent and pleasing. Versatile and upgradeable. The overall package is still very competitive and at the end of the day, everything will have it's compromise. The Oriolus is maybe not perfect, but surely above average in all categories.
If you are looking for "Bass Boost", "3D" and other fancy functionality you need to look elsewhere or get the BA300S and SE02 along. The only other contenders I would see are iFi iDSD Signature at the lower end and maybe a HUGO2 at the upper end? I don't know of any other separated components in this form factor/size.

Sound:
Since a few months now, the BA/BD20 is my daily driver and I am still happy with it. It does everything with ease and confidence. It's small enough to take along if you care about hi-fi during your workday.

Recently I have been comparing a good 12 to 15 headphones (1k to 4k price point - @K55 in Zurich), before settling on a pair of Verité C. I only used the Oriolus (BA20/BD20 + Xduoo X10Tii as transport with FLAC 16-24bit) and I could very much hear all the differences, nuances and headstage of every pair of headphones. The Oriolus made clear which headphones had sibilants, which had recessed mids, which had more soundstage, etc. e.g. I really loved the DCA Aeon II with it, great punch, but unfortunately the vocals were too recessed for my taste. Would have been a great "compact" setup.
I also shortly compared the Oriolus Stack against the HUGO2 (with X10Tii) and the Hugo sounded more dark and "closed"; hack, even the DAVE and TT2/MScaler combo did not really knock me out of my socks right away. The Oriolus sounds fresher.
Maybe a future HUGO3 would be a tempting "upgrade", but until then I believe the Oriolus stack is a great sonic/haptic "high-end baseline"! For me the Oriolus stack is a great starting point into higher audio equipment; not sure if there is much else in the trans-/portable DAC/Amp category that would merit a financial step-up to get a significant sonic ROI.
I used to have an AK120ii before, and the sound of the Oriolus (same FLAC files or Qobuz) is way better and more open and present.

Guitars and bass guitars just sound fantastic on the Oriolus. Any Blues, Calvin Russell, Brian May unplugged... Paul Simon plucking the strings of his bass is just so dynamic, clear and dimensional. Jazz vocals are very clear.
On classic concerts you can hear the breathing of clarinet players, the piano pedals, the floor squeaking, pages being turned. I read somewhere that a good indicator is Al Jarreau's album: L is for Lovers, on "Across The Midnight Sky" at 5:32 you can hear the recording device/mixer announcing the left channel: "...Left". The Oriolus stack clearly let's you hear this on any headphone.

Portability/Functionality/Price:
In the end it all depends on what you are looking for and what you are willing to spend:
I for instances was looking at the most compact, separated components. This gives me the perceived advantage of being able to upgrade single components in the future. And supposedly the quality of single components is better than an all-in-one solution for the same price point: BD20+BA20+BA300S+SE02+X10Tii was about 1600 USD.
I wanted the best quality in a transportable size to take to the office/client assignment etc. On journeys under 1h, I usually don't take the stack out and just use some TWs earbuds. Don't forget, you need to take out 3 components, connect some cables, get your Headphones out...and make sure all components are charged!
Some all-in one would surely be more convenient.
Further I was looking for fully balanced and various inputs: Usb-C, Spdif, Optical. Last year, there were not many fully balanced transportable options.

For a portable ("front pocket") it's a tad too big I would say; unless you are wearing baggy pants. The main problem with pocketting the stack are the cables on the backside. Maybe with some custom rigid U-shape adapters it would be feasible. If size is important, there are smaller portable alternatives.

Output Power:
The BA20 is powerful enough to drive anything I plug into it. Most of the time it is even too powerful: I never use it in high gain, even in low gain it has enough reserve to drive more demanding headphones. Granted, I connect everything via 4.4 pentacon, but with IEMs I can hardly get the volume knob above 7/8 o'clock on low gain. On medium gain with the 300 Ohm Verité Closed, anything above 9 o'clock is simply unbearable for me. The volume turns past 12 to 3 o'clock! That would surely damage any headphone...
For what it's worth: maybe I just don't listen as loud as other people, I don't know. I made a hearing test last year and for my 42 years, I have zero loss and my hearing is above average; I am very sensitive to high tones and sibilants. I would say, my average listening volume is around 50 to 60 dB, with the occasional spike to 70 dB (measured with Sound Meter app on Android, holding the phone inside the Earpad, as close as possible to the driver).

Some Issues Encountered:
I also use the BD/BA20 as a preamp/volume control to my iLoud Micro Monitors on the MAC. The active speakers are set to 1/3rd-1/2 volume and again, on the BA20, the volume hardly ever goes above the 9 o'clock position in low gain.
  • Before upgrading to a better C-C OTG cable, I had issues with a cheaper Micro-C and adapter: every time I touched the volume, there was some light interference. It was hearable with sensitive iems too. When I use the iFi iEmatch+ , it completely disappears, but I don't like how the iEmatch+ strangles the sound.
  • Everytime I plug the RCA>3.5 or 4.4 cable from the active speakers into the jack of the BA20 (or plug the USB-C into the BD20), my BenQ monitors goes black for a second. BD/BA20 are turned off and the the USB-C of the BD20 is set to "charging" OFF.
    Not sure what that indicates (some shortage?), but still wanted to mention it.
    (BenQ 4k > Thunderbolt 3 MBP > OTG cable to BD20 > 4.4 interconnect to BA20 > Jack to RCA Speakers; Monitor and speakers on the same wall outlet) - Thunderbolt 3 and OTG cable are connected next to each other on the same side of the MBP).
  • With sensitive iems or headphones (Amiron Wireless, B&O H9-3), some times, there is a cracklin around the 6 o'clock position of the volume knob. Not sure why this happens only from time to time. Maybe there is some dirt inside the Alps potentiometer?! ;D
    On high-impedance headphones I hear nothing.
    ! Please note: there is NO initial imbalance on the volume knob as there is with so many other amps !
    Sound starts at around 5:30 position.
OpAmps:
I'm planning to roll some MUSES01 in the BA20 later this year, unfortunately space is tight. I would love to try some SparkoS 360x opamps.
One double SparkoS could maybe force-fit the LPF stage of the BD20. In the BA20 no chance (only with extenders and leaving the cover off). The MUSES01 fit easily and should further enhance the sound. But they only output 25mA, so would probably still need something else in the Buffer stage; even when listening to "low" volume levels as I do.
The Verité Closed draw 0.205mA @80dB ; but not sure if that is somehow comparable/matching - Could anyone explain this please?
Anyway, I don't think anything else (small size) would be a significant upgrade over the OP1611/OP1612 implementation.
I started to do some research, but don't want to go down that rabbit hole yet...

To sum up, the Oriolus stack is surely one of the best contenders in that price bracket. The sound signature is just clean, transparent, pleasing.
Combined with the super clean BA300s tube stage the sound on the ZMF headphones is just glorious!
And where else do you find a fully balanced transportable stack with a tube pre-amp and an analog EQ add-on?!

The only thing I miss, is a fully fledged Crossfeed/Angle/Center functionality like on the SPL Phonitor Amps. For X-mas I would wish for an Oriolus component that just give me control over that! Please Oriolus Jaben, if you read this, I need that! :D

Cheers!
detailed and precise. thanks you

Sep 6, 2021 at 4:10 PM Post #124 of 144
Maybe one last thing to add: The Oriolus stack sound pretty neutral and unbiased. There is no coloration and the music is just presented as-is.
Badly recorded Rock from the 80s, will just sound like that: bad.
Trying to listen to Aerosmith on some Beyers with the BA/BD20 combo is nearly impossible for anyone but the most die-hard fan in a pinch.
And that is exactly what I like, the presentation is objective and it just shows you what's there.
The Oriolus scales well with better recordings, better files, better headphones. That's why I said before, it's like a neutral & higher baseline. I am yet to hear the BD20 with a more expensive Amp and the BA20 with a better DAC. Really wondering how they would cope. Hopefully at the next Hi-Fi show in November I can try out some combinations.

Sep 7, 2021 at 2:04 AM Post #125 of 144
Than y
Maybe one last thing to add: The Oriolus stack sound pretty neutral and unbiased. There is no coloration and the music is just presented as-is.
Badly recorded Rock from the 80s, will just sound like that: bad.
Trying to listen to Aerosmith on some Beyers with the BA/BD20 combo is nearly impossible for anyone but the most die-hard fan in a pinch.
And that is exactly what I like, the presentation is objective and it just shows you what's there.
The Oriolus scales well with better recordings, better files, better headphones. That's why I said before, it's like a neutral & higher baseline. I am yet to hear the BD20 with a more expensive Amp and the BA20 with a better DAC. Really wondering how they would cope. Hopefully at the next Hi-Fi show in November I can try out some combinations.
Thank you for taking your time to come up with much detailed and thorough review.
Unfortunately, couple of days back just found out that BD20 and BA20 have been discontinued by Oriolus effective from May this year. And the successor products are still undecided.

So now, i have shifted my search for portable dac/amp elsewhere.

Source : https://twitter.com/Oriolus_Audio/status/1393112127204851713

Last edited:
Sep 7, 2021 at 2:16 AM Post #126 of 144
Than y

Thank you for taking your time to come up with quite detailed and thorough review.
Unfortunately, couple of days back just found out that BD20 and BA20 have been discontinued by Oriolus effective from May this year. And the successor products are still undecided.

Oh, wow! Didn't know that.
Thanks for the info.
Well, here in Europe Oriolus is pretty unknown. And such info is not readily available.
On Aliexpress you can still buy the BD20 and BA20. Maybe there will be a sweet discount soon :wink:)
From the post you linked above, it is not clear if and when they will bring out a successor. Also on the original Oriolus website, not all products are listed (=strange)
It is a very niche product after all.

Hope you'll find a product you like or maybe get a good deal on the stack.

Sep 9, 2021 at 3:12 AM Post #127 of 144
Than y

Thank you for taking your time to come up with much detailed and thorough review.

7ae1c24f617c9722ce6d.jpg
I haven't had time to eat DB20

Sep 9, 2021 at 4:09 AM Post #129 of 144
7ae1c24f617c9722ce6d.jpgI haven't had time to eat DB20
Hi Caithang,
Are these yours? If yes, how is the sonic difference. I know the Mojo is more of a DAC with high output and the BA20 is just an amp. But still, any noticable differences? Weight, sound, haptic, etc...
I am asking myself, if Oriolus stopped the production completely or if there will be a BA30/BD30 one day...
300+ for a used BD20 is a lot. It is a great unit, but on Ali you get a new one for less...

Sep 9, 2021 at 6:15 AM Post #130 of 144
Chào Caithang,
Đây có phải là của anh không? Nếu có, sự khác biệt âm thanh như thế nào. Tôi biết Mojo là một DAC với sản lượng cao và BA20 chỉ là một amp. Tuy nhiên, bất kỳ sự khác biệt đáng kể nào? Trọng lượng, âm thanh, xúc khuẩn, v.v...
Tôi tự hỏi, nếu Oriolus ngừng sản xuất hoàn toàn hoặc nếu sẽ có một BA30 / BD30 một ngày nào đó ...
Hơn 300+ cho một BD20 đã qua sử dụng là rất nhiều. Đó là một đơn vị tuyệt vời, nhưng trên Ali bạn nhận được một cái mới cho ít hơn ...
bằng tai
Hợp âm Mojo vs Ori BA20 :
nếu Mojo là neutural đến sáng, BA20 là neutural để ấm
nếu mojo bass là punchy, BA20 bass là dulcet động
nếu Mojo thoáng mát, BA20 gần

Mojo + (Sony XBA Z5, Sennheiser ie800, ATH LS400, Etymotic 4XR, Final B1, AKG N5005, Tinhifi P1, Campfire IO, Audiosence 800, FiiO FH7, Westone W60,..) = Cổ điển
BA20 + (Sony XBA A3, MDR 800s, FiiO F9pro, Tinhifi T4, Meeaudio Pin, Ori Forsteni, Final F4100, Final E5000, UE 900, Shure 535,...) = Jazz

(Tiếng Anh của tôi rất tệ)

Last edited:
Sep 18, 2021 at 4:11 PM Post #132 of 144
Hi ATOZ,

unfortunately there is very little to be found about the Xduoo X10Tii.
Can you say something about your experience with him? How does it fare against a Fiio M11 or PC / MAC as a digital source?
Hi Roland68,

Sorry for my late reply, was a busy week...

Following my strategy of having separate components for my (trans)portable rig, I searched for a device with straight digital output. The X10Tii is a pure digital transport, it is not a DAP, it has no connector for headphones nor a volume control.

The concept and size of the X10Tii is great, it has good points but there are some minor flaws too:

- No touchscreen
- The GUI (graphical user interface) is a bit strange, as the layout on the main screen's background graphics remind me a bit of the mid 2000s. But then again, the menu entries and scrolling/settings adjustment is maybe even a tad better than my old Astell&Kern AK120ii...
Also you get pretty quickly used to the navigation via buttons, works flawless, maybe just a bit old-school ;D
- HiBy Blue App: I could not get a proper BT connection with my LG V60 nor my iPhone 6+. The Android phone would only allow a connection if a code is entered in the X10T. But there is no possibility to do so. This means that there is a connection to the Xduoo shown, also the HiBy app recognizes the X10T, but then would still say that the devices need to be connected first. On iPhone, there is no such code, again HiBy Blue recognizes the X10T, but would then endlessly be trying to establish a connection. If I turn off the X10Tii, the HiBy app on iPhone would say: Connection lost.
I have not found a setting that would disabled the necessity for that BT connection code or anything else that could change this behaviour. The Developer Mode on Android is on... If the connection would be fully possible, the X10Tii could be used/steered with the HiBy app.
Behaviour is the same with HiBy Link on X10Tii ON or OFF.
- USB connection failed twice on me. I have the impression that the USB C interface is a bit shallow. For my liking any USB C cable should plug in deeper. Not sure if this is the issue; but could imagine that this was the cause, for the sound becoming very rough/scratchy and "electrically" distorted. After a disconnect and reconnect of the USB C cable it was good again. I now use it mostly with the SPDIF/Optical connection to the Oriolus BD20 - that works great and the connection is solid. For CD quality FLAC (up to 20 or 24 bits, 48 kHz) S/PDIF is sufficient, for higher files you would need the USB port.
- No integration of (streaming) apps (only SD card or OTG)

+ Battery life is pretty good when BT is turned off
+ Very quick booting and turning on/off
+ Can be used as a BT player for any BT Headphones/wireless earbuds/Receiver (I have it connected to my B&O H9iii and my Amiron Wireless (adjusting volume on the headphones touchpads). As far as I understood you could stream music from any OTG connected device to any BT receiver or output it via optical/S/PDIF.
+ very nice build, all metal case
+ LDAC
+ Display is always clean and legible as it is not a touchscreen :D
+ EQ works via BT (I don't use that feature)
+ There is no sound difference compared to streaming Qobuz via MAC (same song/quality, volume matched). Neither BT nor USB. If anything, the X10Tii is "quieter" as there is no interference/interference compared to when the MAC is charging. I mean, it just spits out the digital file after all... 0/1
+ works with 400 GB SD cards, have not tried bigger cards yet. I expect a 500 GB to work too.
+ Great assortment of cables included: That was one of the main arguments for me, as it comes with a super short optical 3.5/3.5 cable, a short S/PDIF cable, some USB C and Lightning cable and even an AES adapter! Try finding a super short TOSLINK and S/PDIF cable, those alone would probably cost you 1/5 of the price...

I like to use the X10Tii with the Oriolus stack during work at the clients site/client PCs. It avoids me to get out my MAC and/or use up my phone's battery for the hotspot, etc. Or when I'm in the train and I don't have a stable internet connection for streaming. Same usage as any DAP.

X10Tii with Fiio BTR5K (used as DAC/Amp) also works great for a minimalist setup. I am contemplating getting the iFi GO BLU in the next months, that would be like getting a new DAP, or changing the DAC/Amp section on your DAP.

Conclusion:
If you can live without touchscreen, are not too bothered by the "old-fashioned" GUI and don't mind the need for a DAC and Amp when using it via cable, then there is not much that speaks against it. There is always the option to use it as a Bluetooth-only DAP.
And if you are looking for a portable, digital transport, then there is not much of an alternative anyway!

Just let me know if you have any other questions or want me to try something/some settings with it.

Schöne Grüsse nach Köln :wink:

Last edited:
Oct 11, 2021 at 10:25 AM Post #133 of 144
oriolus 1795 is awesome. enjoying it for months now. the warm, fuller sound makes dynamic drivers sound good.
F23CABAA-C7B5-48DB-8156-C9F0B95791AF.jpeg

Dec 27, 2021 at 10:13 PM Post #134 of 144
1) Oriolus 1795D offers USB to Optical so it can be used to galvanically isolate the stack from the USB port. I have one, it's pretty useful.
2) Dense > S1. I returned the S1 10 minutes after I heard the Dense. For isine20, you don't need this stack, just the Dense is enough.
Hi Matpar & Seamon,

I’ve read your posts with great interest. I listen to Qobuz with the following system: iPhone>Lotoo PawS2>Orolius BA300(II)>Plunge Audio Universal planar IEM (early model not yet formally released)

The IEM is amazing, and benefits greatly from the BA300S, but the system is perhaps a little dry for my taste - I’m a DHT triode amp guy - and I would appreciate your advice on an upgrade.

Would you recommend swapping the S2 for the Dense dac first or upgrading the IEM cable (I’m currently using the ALO/Campfire “Smokey Litz) with something outstanding, like the Penon Totem (gasp)?

Also, Seamon: Do you still think the Dense reference dac is the best pairing for Planars driven by the BA300s, or do you think there is a better contender on the horizon?

Thanks for all of your posts,

Thermist

Users who are viewing this thread

Back