New OPPO HA-1 (CES 2014)
Apr 18, 2014 at 9:43 AM Post #64 of 225
Thanks, I'm just confused. The Pictures of HIFI-Wigwam shows an "[COLOR=444444]VU meters or a Spectrum analyzer" - Input instead.[/COLOR]

The display on the front has I/O selection as well as an optional VU meter or Spectrum display for when music is playing. I am assuming The Bluetooth will be controlled by an app most likely (but who knows until release). The Gain is a flat head screw on the back. Hope this clarifies things a bit.

Apr 18, 2014 at 10:19 AM Post #65 of 225
powderlounge said:
  Where is the gain-switch placed?

mrscotchguy said:
It's on the back of the unit, just above the Bluetooth antenna. Not ideal, but I figure with my HD800 and HE-4 I won't be needing the low gain.

powderlounge said:
  Thanks, I'm just confused. The Pictures of HIFI-Wigwam shows an "VU meters or a Spectrum analyzer" - Input instead.

mrscotchguy said:
The display on the front has I/O selection as well as an optional VU meter or Spectrum display for when music is playing. I am assuming The Bluetooth will be controlled by an app most likely (but who knows until release). The Gain is a flat head screw on the back. Hope this clarifies things a bit.

The gain switch was moved from the beta hardware implementation and into software implementation for better user control.
So the pics from HiFi Wigwam are of the final hardware version.

Apr 18, 2014 at 2:30 PM Post #67 of 225
The gain switch was moved from the beta hardware implementation and into software implementation for better user control.

So the pics from HiFi Wigwam are of the final hardware version.

That's awesome, I didn't notice that in the pictures, so nice looking out!

So this website confirms a moble app to control the unit... pretty nifty!

http://www.avmagazine.it/news/diffusori/oppo-ha-1-dac-ampli-cuffie-a-giugno_9216.html

Apr 18, 2014 at 6:32 PM Post #69 of 225
That's awesome, I didn't notice that in the pictures, so nice looking out!

So this website confirms a moble app to control the unit... pretty nifty!

http://www.avmagazine.it/news/diffusori/oppo-ha-1-dac-ampli-cuffie-a-giugno_9216.html

The article states that the HA-1 will be have an European release in June.  I hope this does not mean that it will also be released in June here in the United States. 

Apr 18, 2014 at 9:49 PM Post #70 of 225
Ok, now I just have to know the output impedance. Works it well with sensitive IEMs / Multi-BA's?

With a low gain mode, it's likely to work. Oppo designs their products for general purpose audiophiles (is that a thing?!) so my guess is they will want their product working with as many headphones as possible. Unfortunately, we won't know the tech details until the US announcement from the email response I received.

The article states that the HA-1 will be have an European release in June.  I hope this does not mean that it will also be released in June here in the United States. 

I corresponded with an Oppo rep (through email) a couple weeks back asking for more info and preformance specs. They said they would be making the official announcement shortly, and still planned to release the HA-1 in April. We'll see if their time schedule remains in place as we near the end of The month.

Apr 26, 2014 at 11:50 AM Post #72 of 225
Waiting for more news
:popcorn:

Anythig? Google searched yesterday and nothing. .

Entering news vacuum. . :ph34r:

Edit:
Does anyone know if this volume has a stepped attenuation?
In other words, does is make click sounds?
I see it is motorized. .

Apr 26, 2014 at 1:55 PM Post #73 of 225
No sonic impressions of the HA-1 yet?

Would love to read a comparison between it and the NAIM V1 :)

Apr 26, 2014 at 4:40 PM Post #74 of 225
Waiting for more news

Anythig? Google searched yesterday and nothing. .

Entering news vacuum. . :ph34r:

Edit:
Does anyone know if this volume has a stepped attenuation?
In other words, does is make click sounds?
I see it is motorized. .

It's a volume pot that is motorized to be able use with the provided remote. So no stepped attenuation.

Apr 27, 2014 at 8:15 PM Post #75 of 225
:rolleyes:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back