New Oppo BDP-103 & 105 previewed at Cedia
Sep 22, 2012 at 12:08 PM Post #31 of 258
Quote:
If I were. To wonder how you've managed to form an opinion as to the quality of a product that doesn't yet exist, would that make me a bad person?
cool.gif

He is a savant.
smile.gif

Sep 22, 2012 at 3:16 PM Post #32 of 258
i'd say he is like Kreskin, but most people would not understand the reference...
rolleyes.gif

Sep 23, 2012 at 4:52 AM Post #33 of 258
Sep 24, 2012 at 2:20 PM Post #35 of 258
These will sell like hot cakes - even more so than the 93/95. The only reason I didn't snap up the 95 in a heartbeat, was the lack of digital input.

Sep 24, 2012 at 2:52 PM Post #36 of 258
Quote:
These will sell like hot cakes - even more so than the 93/95. The only reason I didn't snap up the 95 in a heartbeat, was the lack of digital input.

Tend to agree with this. Among my reasons for not buying the BDP-95 were the reports of fan noise. Delighted to learn that the 105 will not have a fan and will include digital inputs.

Sep 24, 2012 at 10:30 PM Post #38 of 258
This new round of toys have a lot of additional features and several surprises but I had three things I wanted to make the oppo-95 the perfect do everything for me. 

First, I wanted a second screen capability so you didn't need to have a TV just to use the oppo and because the interface with the oppo wasn't that great.  Just enable whatever you have to do to be able to use third party aps like mPod or mPad.  I really think this could have been a game changer for them.

second, it would have just made things easy for me if it could play ALAC.  Now that ALAC is open, it still doesn't play it.

third, the DAC inputs really make the extra cost of the 95/105 over the 93/103 worth it.

So far 1 of those has been included.  I think the addition of the headphone amp is just too many things in one device and I could have skipped it.  Plus, we also have to deal with the significantly upgraded copyright protection that we don't know invasive they'll be until the units have been in the wild for a while.

Sep 25, 2012 at 5:06 AM Post #40 of 258
Waiting to see how prices change when these are released as it is just a matter of time when I start building my HT and Oppo is one of components to accompany Arcam AVR400/ 600 and Kef R500.

Sep 25, 2012 at 7:16 AM Post #41 of 258
Wouldnt it be even better if it had a hard disc built in aswell. It would have been the perfect combination. Imagine an ultra quiet SSD hard disc. I wouldnt mind paying the extra for that unit at all

Sep 25, 2012 at 11:01 AM Post #42 of 258
you can attach a usb hard drive to it which can be an SSD. I read all my music off HHD on my current OPPO. I used to burn my music to 25g BD-ROM discs but then realized using a HD stopped wear on the optical drive. This way you can put any drive in it you like and replace it when you like. Better plan. It can also see any music streamed from your NAS or computer so...bases are covered.

Sep 25, 2012 at 12:11 PM Post #44 of 258
There is already an app. for Oppo control available for Android, and apparently there is an iOS one in development.

Many more useful tidbits of information can be gleaned from this interview.

http://www.audioholics.com/reviews/transports/high-definition-dvd-players-hd-dvd-blu-ray/oppo-blu-ray-q-a

Users who are viewing this thread

Back