New MP3 player for the racist on your list!
Aug 27, 2007 at 4:34 AM Post #16 of 30
No no no....

You guys got it all wrong!! you have to say it like a native Asian "I beat bracks". The "L" is pronounced "RRRR"

Aug 27, 2007 at 2:44 PM Post #18 of 30
Quote:

Originally Posted by Deiz /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Actually, they're marketing geniuses.

Think about it; they appeal to the White Power crowd, the people who buy things from T-Shirt Hell, and offend an entire race of people - Which means plenty of viral advertising!

There is only one race of people: the human race. You are right that this may offend a certain ethnic group of people.

Aug 27, 2007 at 7:03 PM Post #19 of 30
Quote:

Originally Posted by slug4life /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Now renamed...

The TrekStor Blaxx

Hurry get your racist mp3 player before they are out of stock. Just think of the resale value on http://nazi.ebay.com/

Quote:

Dear Gizmodo, TrekStor is shocked by the way our new MP3 player's name "TrekStor i.Beat blaxx" is perceived. Of course the word "Beat" is not meant as a verb, but refers to the beats of the music you are listening to. More than 4 years ago, TrekStor introduced the i.Beat MP3 player series that today consists of more than 25 different players - all named individually. "blaxx" was chosen, because the player is designed with an elegant black piano finish. As a reaction to the bad connotation of the name, TrekStor decided to rename the product "TrekStor blaxx" - effective immediately. We sincerely apologize to everybody whom we offended by the initial name of this product and want to emphasize that TrekStor condemns violence and any form of racism.
Mit freundlichen Grüßen,
Best regards,

Gil Szmigiel
Vice President / CTO

Well, in that case we forgive you. Nobody who speaks German could be an evil person, right?

Aug 27, 2007 at 7:26 PM Post #20 of 30
Quote:

Originally Posted by Spareribs /img/forum/go_quote.gif
These are the MP3 players that are endorsed by the LAPD.

Ah yes, our 1st reference to the Rodney King riots, excellent
icon10.gif

Aug 29, 2007 at 7:06 AM Post #25 of 30
How about the iBeat Raymycountry?

Sep 2, 2007 at 5:51 AM Post #26 of 30
LOL, can't stop lauging XD, who made up such a name at the TrekStor company, LOL.

Sep 6, 2007 at 6:56 PM Post #27 of 30
Quote:

Originally Posted by flashnolan /img/forum/go_quote.gif
There is only one race of people: the human race. You are right that this may offend a certain ethnic group of people.

Please, at least couch that with an "in my opinion." I suspect you would be hard pressed to present that as a settled fact, considering the amount of research on both sides.

Sep 12, 2007 at 1:37 AM Post #28 of 30
on a related note, am i the only one who squirms a little when i see the logo on eddie currents solid state amp?
the "ss" beside the lightning bolt just doesnt seem like the best choice.
peace.

Sep 13, 2007 at 2:27 PM Post #29 of 30
Engadget can review that player with a straight face?
I wouldnt have even done the review at all to save myself from all the backlash.
Its really very funny if it was an accident and the company never realized the name said that,,, but if they did it knowingly,then its pretty sad actually.

Sep 13, 2007 at 3:42 PM Post #30 of 30
The funniest part of the whole thing the fact that the problem is that they tried to get 'hip' with the name, if they called it iBeat Black then it wouldn't be so bad. Then again x's do make everything sound cool.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back