NEW Monolith M570 Over Ear Open Back Planar Headphone
Feb 29, 2020 at 9:56 PM Post #46 of 248
I hear echo. When i play battlefield 1 it feels like I'm in a big hall or cathedral. A metallic echo veils the sound.

A more accurate description: it is like listening to the world through two cylinder tubes (like the paper towel cylindrical carton), one on each ear.

Is this how these should sound? I am really considering returning mine.

Current M570 owners, can you please test what you hear between 600Hz and 1000Hz in this video?

When it hit 800Hz and all the way to 900Hz the sound shifted to my right driver then stabilized back to both drivers when reaching 900Hz. Is this a defect that qualifies for a return?

I have done the sweep thing a while ago and mine does the same thing between 800hz and 900hz. For some reason there is an imbalance there. Both channels have the same exact dip except where it happens is is different for each driver. Idk what is causing that dip but it does seem like something they could at least pair drivers for if they bother pairing drivers. I modded my pair a bit so they are much warmer than they were but the first thing I did immediately after getting the pair I currently have was take the driver out and clean the left over splinters out and do my best to level out the lip the driver sits on. My first pair had an issue where one side of the drivers would be sunk in further than the other and it even prevented me from changing pads. Anyway, while I had the driver out I tightened the screws to the back grill and made sure to gently screw the screws for the driver back in so there was even spacing all the way around between the lip for the pad and the wood. After doing that I noticed I lost some of that resonance and things sounded more natural. That wasn't what completely fixed it for me but it did something in my case and made them much more enjoyable for me. It is probably the easiest thing to try and won't change anything else. I had to do two other things to get it about perfect for me though. With a pad swap and some strategically placed mesh to double up certain spots of the mesh already on the grill you can make these sound really nice. It brought the mids a bit forward and added some needed body to them while making the bass fuller sounding and smoothing out the treble. Despite all that I still get that odd imbalance dip between 800hz and 900hz.

Feb 29, 2020 at 10:02 PM Post #47 of 248
My pair seems to have an issue. The 2.5mm jacks dont plug firmly into the headphones. They move around alot and lose signal constantly. Anyone else have this issue with their pair? Probably going to return them and hope the replacement pair has less QC issues.
Sorry for another post but I also had that issue with my first pair but it was an easy fix. It does require you to take the screws out and lift the driver out but that is very easy. Once you do that there is a screw that goes to the jack for each cup. Tighten that screw and see if it helps. My cable would snap in firmly and loudly but could be wiggled while in and lose contact if I did that. Once I tightened that screw I couldn't wiggle it like I could originally and it wouldn't cause a lose of audio either. Hope you have luck because my return process was a pain. I had more issues than that and my first response was nothing more than saying "I am sorry you are experiences those issues". It took work and a lot of time to get my replacement.

Mar 18, 2020 at 9:51 PM Post #48 of 248
Just got a set of these. Only issue so far is with the cable which requires quite some force to clip in. I had less issue with my balanced Dyson cable compared with the supplied cable. Oh and they are a bit heavy.

So far i like their engaging sound very much, the build quality, unmatched at this price point. The level of detail is remarkable. And these cans make music. I like the mids a lot.

I drive them with an all audio-gd setup, di20he to r7he to he9. I easily prefer them to the he560 even though the treble is a bit much, but seems to be diminishing in level as burn-in progresses. I listen mainly to old jazz.

I really like them a lot.

Check those earcups and grilles, real nice:

IMG_20200318_182422.jpg

Apr 8, 2020 at 8:39 PM Post #50 of 248
After proper burn-in, the m570 have good bass and soundstaging, but not exceptional. On the other hand, there is an ease to the highs that makes them addictive, the mids are very good, and dynamics as well.

It is hard for me to get them off my head once i have started a listening session. I like them as much much as my loudspeakers so far, which says a lot. They're like dynamic headphones as far as dynamics but with the highs and relatively neutral sound of a planar. The top is full of details and silky smooth. This is a great set!

May 6, 2020 at 9:38 PM Post #52 of 248
After proper burn-in, the m570 have good bass and soundstaging, but not exceptional. On the other hand, there is an ease to the highs that makes them addictive, the mids are very good, and dynamics as well.

It is hard for me to get them off my head once i have started a listening session. I like them as much much as my loudspeakers so far, which says a lot. They're like dynamic headphones as far as dynamics but with the highs and relatively neutral sound of a planar. The top is full of details and silky smooth. This is a great set!

May I ask what speakers you are comparing them to?

May 7, 2020 at 6:25 AM Post #55 of 248
That does say a lot about how much you like 570.
Yes, on the other hand, i always end-up prefering the speakers after a while. But the m570s are really good. What is so good is the fact that while the treble is great, as with most planar, they also have punch. Coming from a set of he560, this is a welcome trait. And the mids are not recessed as much. The bass has improved further with time, same with soundtaging. The he560 are still better with both but the difference is smaller. The biggest drawback is the weight, but i am doing my listening sessions comfortably seated, so this is not an issue. All in all, i use them only once or twice a week, in 2-hour sessions.

May 7, 2020 at 8:18 AM Post #56 of 248
An important point with the M570s is they will pass the sound though. So if you have equipment with harshness, you will hear it. It is meant for a high-quality setup.I would avoid any old and standard implementation of the 9018 dac chip for one thing. Unless you use tubes to smooth things out.

Jun 14, 2020 at 10:50 AM Post #57 of 248
IMG_20200606_162847378.jpg
IMG_20200606_162912307.jpg
IMG_20200606_162927261.jpg
IMG_20200606_163013186.jpg
IMG_20200606_163023766.jpg
IMG_20200606_163053907.jpg
IMG_20200606_163105645.jpg
IMG_20200606_163229587.jpg
IMG_20200606_163305397.jpg
depends on how much noise is in the office id so no

this is my monoprice review

AN ALL AROUND GREAT SET OF CANS , BUILD QUALITY AN SOUND QUALITY I KNOW SOME PEOPLE TALK ABOUT THE RINGING ISSUES AROUND 800HZ BUT THATS NOT REALLY A PROBLEM FOR ME A WITH A LITTLE EQ'ING THAT GOES AWAY SO DONT LET THAT DETER YOU FROM BUYING , IVE YET TO FIND A SET OF

CANS UNDER 1000$ THAT DOESNT NEED OR BENEFIT FROM SOME EQ'ING AN TO ME THE RINGING ISSUES AROUND 700 - 800 - 900HZ IS MORE IS MORE PRESENT DEPENDING ON THE TRACK YOUR LISTENING TO SO WITH EQ THER NON EXISTENT

IM CURRENTLY DRIVING MINE OFF A JDS ATOM FEED FROM A TOPPING D10 DAC
ON HIGH GAIN I NORMALLY RUN ON LOW GAIN WITH THE DAIL AT THE 9:00 A CLOCK POSTION BUT ITS NOT

AS LOUD AS ID LIKE ALL OF THE TOOL ALBUMS SOUND GREAT VIA THESE ESPECIALLY THE LATEST ONE , SOON ILL BE UPGRADING TO A AMP WITH MORE JUICE THE ATOM PUTS OUT 1 WATT AT 32 OHMS I THINK THAT ONE WITH 2.5 TO 3 WATTS IN LOW GAIN WILL BE THE SWEET SPOT IF I CAN FIND ONE THAT DOES

ILL EITHER GO WITH THE MAGNI HERESY OR THE DROP + THX AAA™ 789 LINEAR AMPLIFIER FOR THE XLR INPUTS FOR FUTURE PROOFING OR MAYBE THE ASGARD 3 IS WHERE IM LEANING

Jun 14, 2020 at 10:54 AM Post #58 of 248
JUST GOT A SET AN THER GREAT BUT I THINK I NEED MORE POWER THEN MY JDS ATOM IVE GOT THREE PICKS FOR UPGRADE WHICH WOULD BE BEST THE

MAGNI HERESY , THE DROP + THX AAA™ 789 LINEAR AMPLIFIER FOR THE XLR INPUTS FOR FUTURE PROOFING OR MAYBE THE ASGARD 3

Jun 14, 2020 at 11:23 AM Post #59 of 248
JUST GOT A SET AN THER GREAT BUT I THINK I NEED MORE POWER THEN MY JDS ATOM IVE GOT THREE PICKS FOR UPGRADE WHICH WOULD BE BEST THE

MAGNI HERESY , THE DROP + THX AAA™ 789 LINEAR AMPLIFIER FOR THE XLR INPUTS FOR FUTURE PROOFING OR MAYBE THE ASGARD 3
Give them same burn-in, most changes occur before 150 hours but the bass got noticeably better after 200h. You are right, these cans play well above their price point.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back