NEW Monolith M570 Over Ear Open Back Planar Headphone
Jan 18, 2020 at 12:08 AM Post #31 of 246
Can someone help me out with a cable for the M570s. I need a cable with a 2.5mm balanced termination. So far I have my eye on the Meze cable but I am open for other recs. If possible best bang for the buck. I don't want to spend too much but also want nice quality :)

Jan 18, 2020 at 12:31 AM Post #32 of 246
Can someone help me out with a cable for the M570s. I need a cable with a 2.5mm balanced termination. So far I have my eye on the Meze cable but I am open for other recs. If possible best bang for the buck. I don't want to spend too much but also want nice quality :)
The Meze cable will not work with the M570. The headphone side connectors are 3.5mm and the M570 is 2.5mm. I looking also and may try the NewFantasia cable listed on Amazon listed for the M1060 which has the same connectors as the M570.

Jan 18, 2020 at 4:15 AM Post #33 of 246
The Meze cable will not work with the M570. The headphone side connectors are 3.5mm and the M570 is 2.5mm. I looking also and may try the NewFantasia cable listed on Amazon listed for the M1060 which has the same connectors as the M570.
Been looking on Amazon and NewFantasia has heaps of cables and I found the cable I need. I'll see if there are any cheaper options, but so far, it looks like the best cable for the price.

Last edited:
Jan 18, 2020 at 1:05 PM Post #35 of 246
Would the E1DA 9038s have enough power to drive these? People have said it can drive orher headphones like the HD600 and He560. It has 1 Watt of power which is more than most portable dac/amps.
Yes, it has plenty of power to drive the M570. Should be an interesting match!

Jan 19, 2020 at 8:27 PM Post #37 of 246
Do you have the M570? And if so, do you hear thar strange ringing or echo some people have mentioned? And also know any good cables that fit the M570 but terminate with a 2.5 balanced plug?
I do have the M570 and do not hear a strange ring or echo. I've been using mine with the included cable, which is a pretty nice SE cable and drive them with my Shanling PH300 amplifier, FIIO Q5 or Radsone Ear studio. All have no issue driving them. I may purchase the NewFantasia balanced cable to use with my ES100 amd Q5, but I'm trying to decided if I will actual gain any SQ benefit.

Last edited:
Jan 19, 2020 at 10:43 PM Post #38 of 246
I do have the M570 and do not hear a strange ring or echo. I've been using mine with the included cable, which is a pretty nice SE cable and drive them with my Shanling PH300 amplifier, FIIO Q5 or Radsone Ear studio. All have no issue driving them. I may purchash the NewFantasia balanced cable to use with my ES100 amd Q5, but I'm trying to decided if I will actual gain any SQ benefit.

It would provide a more equal power to both drivers which can benefit on how good it might sound as it is a planar. But I think a earpad swap might change the sound maybe even more. Have you tried the Sendy Aiva earpads?

Jan 20, 2020 at 3:18 PM Post #39 of 246
It would provide a more equal power to both drivers which can benefit on how good it might sound as it is a planar. But I think a earpad swap might change the sound maybe even more. Have you tried the Sendy Aiva earpads?
I do have the Sendy Aiva V2 pads, but personally prefer the sound and feel of the stock pads. Sendy pads seemed to narrow the sound stage while providing a more aggressive sound signature. To my ears the OEM pads have a more spacious, less aggressive presentation, I also like the comfort slightly more and seemed to keep the phones more secure on my head. Sendy pads are sweet though and currently using them on another set of headphones.

Jan 20, 2020 at 7:23 PM Post #40 of 246
I do have the Sendy Aiva V2 pads, but personally prefer the sound and feel of the stock pads. Sendy pads seemed to narrow the sound stage while providing a more aggressive sound signature. To my ears the OEM pads have a more spacious, less aggressive presentation, I also like the comfort slightly more and seemed to keep the phones more secure on my head. Sendy pads are sweet though and currently using them on another set of headphones.
Could you please decribe what you mean by more aggresive? Were the mids more forward? More low end? More treble?

Feb 3, 2020 at 8:14 AM Post #41 of 246
How do these perform in terms of positional accuracy in competitive FPS gaming? Pinpointing enemy sounds across the map etc...
Do they offer vertical positioning as well? (Enemies on the upper or lower floor).
I already own the K702, HE-4XX, and AD900x, and all seem to lack vertical positioning in Battlefield 1, so wondering if this would be an upgrade.-Thank you

Last edited:
Feb 4, 2020 at 9:49 PM Post #42 of 246
My pair seems to have an issue. The 2.5mm jacks dont plug firmly into the headphones. They move around alot and lose signal constantly. Anyone else have this issue with their pair? Probably going to return them and hope the replacement pair has less QC issues.

Feb 10, 2020 at 5:14 AM Post #43 of 246
I hear echo. When i play battlefield 1 it feels like I'm in a big hall or cathedral. A metallic echo veils the sound.

A more accurate description: it is like listening to the world through two cylinder tubes (like the paper towel cylindrical carton), one on each ear.

Is this how these should sound? I am really considering returning mine.

Current M570 owners, can you please test what you hear between 600Hz and 1000Hz in this video?

When it hit 800Hz and all the way to 900Hz the sound shifted to my right driver then stabilized back to both drivers when reaching 900Hz. Is this a defect that qualifies for a return?

Last edited:
Feb 19, 2020 at 11:26 PM Post #44 of 246
I hear echo. When i play battlefield 1 it feels like I'm in a big hall or cathedral. A metallic echo veils the sound.

A more accurate description: it is like listening to the world through two cylinder tubes (like the paper towel cylindrical carton), one on each ear.

Is this how these should sound? I am really considering returning mine.

Current M570 owners, can you please test what you hear between 600Hz and 1000Hz in this video?

When it hit 800Hz and all the way to 900Hz the sound shifted to my right driver then stabilized back to both drivers when reaching 900Hz. Is this a defect that qualifies for a return?
I ran the frequency sweep test and heard the same anomaly as you did. I don't game in them so cannot share the experience, but have been using them for music the last two months and really been enjoying them...no echo or tubey sound with music.
I am also interested in what other M570 owners experience with this test and Sendy Aiva and Blon B20 owners as well. Is this inherent with this particular planar driver?

Feb 20, 2020 at 1:19 AM Post #45 of 246
I read on another forum that an owner of the Sendy, after owning the M570, experienced the same thing. So it is probably inherent to the driver. I have a love-hate relationship with these eadphones i don't know what to do with them.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back