New Millett Hybrid Maxed Amp
Jul 19, 2010 at 1:27 PM Post #6,153 of 6,727
If the text Optional was a Hot Link to the info I needed to understand this Materials List it would be awesome but its NOT.........

So can someone PLEASE  show me where this is without insluting me or my disabilities ??????

Thank You

PS: I forgot to add just above the red arrow RA9 L/R 11.3 OHM there is no qty listed.. I am unsure of how many to buy here also.........

Jul 19, 2010 at 1:54 PM Post #6,154 of 6,727
If you look closely, there's an RA8L/R and RA9L/R just above where you've so graciously pointed.  One might take that to mean there are two choices for RA8 and RA9 and the optional choice is highlighted, with the resulting different CCS current listed.  The fact that the quantities are only included for the optional choice indicates that it is actually the default.

On the other hand, you could follow the advice that some have been trying to give you and buy a commercial amp, instead.  At the very least, you should acquaint yourself with a CMoy and come back to this when you have a bit more experience.

Your order hasn't shipped yet.  Let me know if you want to cancel and I'll cheerfully refund your money.

Jul 19, 2010 at 2:01 PM Post #6,155 of 6,727

Quote:
Anybody have a best method for removing a heatsink from a board?  I have an idea I want to do for both heat and asthetics,  I have ordered 2" heat sinks to replace the PS and the two center MOSFETs.  I want them to stick up out of the top like the tubes will,  I'm going to leave the outer two at 1.5" as they do not get that warm and I just wanted the sinks standing up in the center dividing the tubes kinda..

Thanks!
AA

You know, MOSFETs almost love running hot.  I have months of burn-in on two MOSFET-MAXes and those MOSFETs on the center sinks have not given out.  Plus, the fact that MOSFETs have a positive temperature coeffiicent means that they'll probably run cooler when it's cased up.

Jul 19, 2010 at 2:19 PM Post #6,156 of 6,727
In your first parapraph you post the word CHOICE three times............

As I asked before:
Where do I find the Text  on where to make these CHOICES ???

I'll ask one last time for the fouth or fifth time.......
Pictures seemed to fail, let me try again...

Where do I find the text that explains what the options are ?  I am sure you have not choosen a clear winner since you list two and seem to love to have a CHOICE for the buyers to make, where do I educate myself about the CHOICES to be made on the materials list so I can place an order???

Thank You Yet Again........

Jul 19, 2010 at 2:33 PM Post #6,159 of 6,727
Thank You! Cobalt,

I would not have thought to look at the Twweks page till I was almost done building the board.....

Jul 19, 2010 at 3:53 PM Post #6,161 of 6,727
Yes Sir I am Ridiclous...........

When I ask a question several times and its not answered and I am told I have A.D.D. I am at least able to stay focoused and answer a simple question.......

You say on the webpage the cost is trival so why not just list to buy both? I guess you did but not to me...
I seen it as a Option and had to Choose one or the other.........

List parts as Alteranive Parts in your Construction Page (when you get around to making one for this version)
You can also add  text above and below the order page and not just export a execl spread sheet with badly formated CSS on top (it dosent scale well) I maybe ridiclous at electronics but not at many things like web and graphics design..   I will still treat you with respect and not call you names because of my short comings..

Thanks so much for those who tried to help...

Jul 19, 2010 at 4:19 PM Post #6,162 of 6,727
Quote:
Yes Sir I am Ridiclous...........

When I ask a question several times and its not answered and I am told I have A.D.D. I am at least able to stay focoused and answer a simple question.......

You say on the webpage the cost is trival so why not just list to buy both? I guess you did but not to me...
I seen it as a Option and had to Choose one or the other.........

List parts as Alteranive Parts in your Construction Page (when you get around to making one for this version)
You can also add  text above and below the order page and not just export a execl spread sheet with badly formated CSS on top (it dosent scale well) I maybe ridiclous at electronics but not at many things like web and graphics design..   I will still treat you with respect and not call you names because of my short comings..

Thanks so much for those who tried to help...

Your attitude is not conducive to receiving help - at all.  Good luck with the amp, but my offer still stands: just let me know and I'll cancel the order and cheerfully refund your money.

As for the sorry web design on the BOM, I guess you didn't notice the two other options you had available (oh, sorry for that word "option," again) for accessing the BOM - both in pure Excel and PDF form.  Thanks for your comments, too, by the way.  Glad to know that all my work on websites is so appreciated.

Mods - I think you can delete several of the previous posts and increase the value of this thread immensely.

Jul 19, 2010 at 4:26 PM Post #6,163 of 6,727

Quote:
Thank You! Cobalt,

I would not have thought to look at the Twweks page till I was almost done building the board.....

Now where is my facepalm gif collection......

Your problem is your complete and utter lack of patience. The correct way to undertake a DIY project is to do ALL of the reading FIRST, THEN ask questions, THEN start building.

Jul 19, 2010 at 5:12 PM Post #6,165 of 6,727
T Bomb and all you are all correct......

I should have read the site top to bottom first........

I am new to this site and doing DIY Electronics and need to read the site before trying to order PERIOD.

Just like TomB thinks his site is great ( I do appreciate his efforts) I thought it would be as easy as ordering some parts and solding them together like someone said.........

For what ever the reason I could figuer what parts to order..
I was told several dozen times to just make a CHOICE... To make that choice I did think I had to read every page even the tweaks page to find ordering indo.. I wanted to gather all parts in front of me and not read the history of who designed this and who improvered that..... You all what the shout out and I am sure they are  deserved but with my first project not on my list of need to know right now...

To me a tweak is what you do to a hand gernade pin before you put it in your pocket or something you do after a build or during to make it sound better, not where you find pre-order info.....

TomB,
I downloaded the excel file and it there are none of the popup notes in Excel 2010 I guess you might have used an older version.......... I guess the link that is broken to Tweaks->MAX Boutique sections might have saved me asking all these ridiclous questions..........

My Applogies I get frustrated and have always had little paitents.. My Father always told me I was Russian not Hungarian.......  My Appoligies Once Agian

PS: I did not mean to inslute Toms webpage by pointing out theformating of the CSS was bad .... If you look at the screen shot I posted you see Blue Numbers all over and on top of text and numbers....... That is not Correctly formated I call that bad and not good formating........ I have ADD and rediclous and and the word bad is an inslute????????   I'm guessing its not me at this point now........

Users who are viewing this thread

Back