Nov 8, 2023 at 11:59 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 562

leylandi

100+ Head-Fier
https://mezeaudio.com/products/empyrean2

https://www.headfonia.com/meze-audio-empyrean-2-review/

Meze-Audio-Empyrean-2-Award.jpg

Screenshot_20231108_195548_com.android.chrome_edit_359350957190999.jpg

1.jpg

“When we first talked about creating the second generation of Empyrean, I knew it would be far from easy. With many ideas in mind, I reached out to our community, eager to gather their feedback in any way I could. I wanted to dive into their hearts and minds, to understand their expectations, and so their input is what shaped the path toward Empyrean II. What followed was a test of patience and precision. At first, the possibilities seemed endless, but reality showed us that only a few of our plans were feasible. We made a lot of revisions to discover the right proportions and materials that would deliver the sound signature we aimed for.”

Alex Grigoras, Acoustic Engineer

“As good as the initial design looked, the headphones we thought were final proved to be fragile. The aluminum grill wasn’t turning out that great, there was an unexpected structural failure, and we were changing the colors almost daily, struggling to decide upon the perfect combination. A lot of determination, a few more iterations and we finally nailed it – Empyrean II.”

Vladimir Brezovszki, Product Designer

Our goal was to enhance the headphones’ ability to reproduce fine details and achieve a more neutral sound signature, all the while preserving the original “easy to listen to” character.

Because we believe good things take time, we spent several months using different tunning techniques and managed to reveal new possibilities in terms of resolution and detail retrieval when compared to the original Empyrean, achieving a cleaner and more accurate representation of sound.

Empyrean_II_-_image_17.png

Our all-new Duo earpads are specifically tailored to match Empyrean II. Crafted from a precise blend of premium leather and Alcantara, the Duo Earpads introduce a contemporary dimension to the signature sound profile of Empyrean II. With leather forming the base half and Alcantara® covering the rest, these earpads deliver a harmonious tonal balance that resonates across all music genres.

We researched and tested various material ratios to achieve the best there is to offer. The outcome is a flawless fusion: well-sustained bass frequencies owed to the leather, with beautiful refinement and spatiality from Alcantara®.

Empyrean_II_-_image_18.png

Made of soft foam coated with Alcantara®, with a fine protective mesh on the grill, the Angled earpads excel at rendering intricate details and nuances in your recordings. The angled shape creates more space inside the earpad, which translates to an airier sound signature, with cleaner bass and improved presence in the mid-range frequency, when paired with Empyrean II.

Furthermore, they create a detailed and accurate listening experience, for the classic audiophile.
01-Empyrean-II-semiprofile_1024x1024 (1).png

02-Empyrean-II-front_1024x1024.png
03-Empyrean-II-side_1024x1024.png

Last edited:
Nov 8, 2023 at 12:11 PM Post #3 of 562
@ThanatosVI

This is one fragmented choice with Elite.

Nov 8, 2023 at 12:20 PM Post #5 of 562
Nov 8, 2023 at 12:22 PM Post #6 of 562
Nov 8, 2023 at 12:23 PM Post #7 of 562
Glutton. I thought about it and then remembered Empyrean meh.
Let's see how far it diverged from the original

Very interestingly it has earpads similar to the Solitaire P

Last edited:
Nov 8, 2023 at 12:28 PM Post #8 of 562
Let's see how far it diverged from the original

Very interestingly it has earpads similar to the Solitaire P
Can we bet?

At least they didn't change anything else so it's still the most uber comfortable.

Nov 8, 2023 at 12:49 PM Post #10 of 562
IMG_0311.jpeg

Nov 8, 2023 at 1:49 PM Post #13 of 562
The reviews are really promising from DMS, Joshua Valour, and Resolve (Headphoneshow).
Zeos also likes it.
TLDW: Way less bloaty, much more clear, a very strong competitor to any headphone at any pricepoint. Weakspot: Dynamics.

Last edited:
Nov 8, 2023 at 1:51 PM Post #14 of 562
Do they offer exchange to Empyrean 1, with some extra $$ ?

Nov 8, 2023 at 2:12 PM Post #15 of 562
TLDW: Way less bloaty, much more clear, a very strong competitor to any headphone at any pricepoint. Weakspot: Dynamics.

The very obvious mid-bass bloat has always been the dealbreaker for me with the original Empyrean and to a slightly lesser degree, the Empyrean Elite.
I always knew there was a great headphone there just waiting to be set free, and all it needed for that to happen was a better tuning.
So it looks like Meze has FINALLY made that happen with the Empyrean II, and I couldn't be happier!!
Can't wait to hear these at TheSourceAV once they get in a demo pair! :L3000:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back