Meze EMPYREAN II
Nov 8, 2023 at 2:43 PM Post #16 of 603
Enjoyed watching @Currawong Amos' review of Empy II.

Nov 8, 2023 at 3:24 PM Post #17 of 603
"You with the Empyrean 2 get a more neutral tuning with lighter body and weight. There also is a faster presentation with improved clarity and the better control overall.

The improved clarity lets the detail come out better and shows you the better note extension and spaciousness in the midrange. Also compared to the ELITE, the vocals are lighter and as such more energetic. Besides the more spacious mids I don’t really feel the top end here is more extended in this comparison. Like with the Empyrean, the ELITE’s midrange timbre is richer and more romantic.

So if you like the ELITE but you still want more neutrality, less weight and a faster pace, then the Empyrean 2 is the one for you. If you still want some of Meze’s house sound (well up to now) with a high resolution and spacious rendering, than the ELITE will be the one for you".

https://www.headfonia.com/meze-audio-empyrean-2-review/4/

Nov 8, 2023 at 3:49 PM Post #18 of 603
"You with the Empyrean 2 get a more neutral tuning with lighter body and weight. There also is a faster presentation with improved clarity and the better control overall.

The improved clarity lets the detail come out better and shows you the better note extension and spaciousness in the midrange. Also compared to the ELITE, the vocals are lighter and as such more energetic. Besides the more spacious mids I don’t really feel the top end here is more extended in this comparison. Like with the Empyrean, the ELITE’s midrange timbre is richer and more romantic.

So if you like the ELITE but you still want more neutrality, less weight and a faster pace, then the Empyrean 2 is the one for you. If you still want some of Meze’s house sound (well up to now) with a high resolution and spacious rendering, than the ELITE will be the one for you".

This sounds really weird.
Like even more neutral and further away from the Meze house sound.

I have my doubts about that, but we'll see

Nov 8, 2023 at 4:08 PM Post #19 of 603
Nov 8, 2023 at 4:18 PM Post #21 of 603

That sounds interesting. I demoed the Elite and the LCD-5 at the same time and found that to my tastes the Elite was too laid back and too lacking in detail, so I ended up buying the LCD-5.

If this ups the ante vs the Elite with a more aggressive and more detailed sound I imagine it woild be a closer call. I’ll look forward to hearing these when I can.

Nov 8, 2023 at 5:14 PM Post #22 of 603
i think i found my limits already with the 109 pro which are fantastic headphones. but the day i got enough money i will buy the empys. they look so damn good. and i was stunned about how similar both the 109 and empys sounded. i did not miss anything going back to the 109

Nov 8, 2023 at 5:34 PM Post #24 of 603
In my experience, you can get the best of both worlds with the Elite if you invest in the Angled Alcantara pads to go along with the stock Hybrids. The angled pads tame just enough of the mid-bass bloom to bring out even more detail. They do this without taking away what makes the sound so musical and engaging.

I’m very curious about how the new Duo pads will sound on the Elite.

Nov 8, 2023 at 6:28 PM Post #25 of 603
TLDW: Way less bloaty, much more clear, a very strong competitor to any headphone at any pricepoint. Weakspot: Dynamics.
That's a good summary.
@Currawong is quality. One of the few. :thumbsup: :)
There are still a few things I wanted to add to the video, but it would have been 40 minutes at least if I had. My comparison with the Elite probably wasn't so clear. I'll see if I can do a followup with some extra stuff.

Nov 8, 2023 at 7:14 PM Post #26 of 603
There are still a few things I wanted to add to the video, but it would have been 40 minutes at least if I had. My comparison with the Elite probably wasn't so clear. I'll see if I can do a followup with some extra stuff.
Any further details about the Duo pads on the Elite would be much appreciated!

Nov 8, 2023 at 8:50 PM Post #27 of 603
That sounds interesting. I demoed the Elite and the LCD-5 at the same time and found that to my tastes the Elite was too laid back and too lacking in detail, so I ended up buying the LCD-5.

If this ups the ante vs the Elite with a more aggressive and more detailed sound I imagine it woild be a closer call. I’ll look forward to hearing these when I can.
I much preferred the Empyrean 1 to the lcd-5 and even prefer my lcd-2c and lcd-x to the lcd-5. I just really don't care for the lcd-5.

Nov 8, 2023 at 10:06 PM Post #28 of 603
But will it be veiled like previous Mezes? Probably. I got the Elite day 1 and sold it a week later. If they fixed the veil, as has been suggested, that would be great, but not at the expense of weight. I guess it’s a trade off (apparently), but I need both. Probably a hard pass for me 🤷‍♂️

Nov 8, 2023 at 10:40 PM Post #30 of 603
Does anyone know if Meze will have the Empy 2's at Canjam Dallas this weekend? I assume so...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back