• Paris

Votes: 1 16.7%
  • Cancun

Votes: 1 16.7%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Mar 17, 2018 at 2:36 PM Post #123 of 136
Nothing that I am planning on listening to but look forward to hearing whatever ends up on my ears while I’m there. Daughters chess tourney ran late and will probably be there around 1:30.

Mar 17, 2018 at 5:49 PM Post #124 of 136
Not gonna make it, not feeling well, so jealous of all the great gear there. Have fun all!

Mar 17, 2018 at 7:53 PM Post #125 of 136
Great meet, thank you to Allan for facilitating, Tony for Hosting, Ben for
inspiration and digital wisdom! Great new gear was experienced, new
options and configurations and more!
For those interested in our music festivals, see 3SidedWhole.com
or Official 3SidedWhole on Facebook! next event is june 1 2 3 in the
rio puerco desert wilderness!. cheers, Blue

Mar 17, 2018 at 10:26 PM Post #126 of 136
Great time! Now looking through the list on page 1 to jog my memory and see if I can remember all the headphones I got to listen to. Thank you all for the generous use of your equipment and dispensing of opinions and advice!

Mar 18, 2018 at 11:19 AM Post #127 of 136
Thanks for letting me join ya'll yesterday, saw some amazing gear for sure.
Driguy- Thanks for opening your house and hosting.
Allen- Thank-you for the extended listens and time explaining your gear. The only problem is I fell for the sound of those Fostex TH900s(which new are priced out of my range). Haha
Dr. Blue- Thanks for the chat and gear demo, looking forward to your music festival!

Peace.

Mar 18, 2018 at 12:19 PM Post #129 of 136
P.S. Do any of you have any experience with Fostex 610s? Fostex THX00s(couldn't find them at the meetup)? Looking to see how close I can get to TH900's sound signature :)

Thanks & Peace.

If you are local to Albuquerque, we caN meet for a mini meet. I can get a room at the library or we can choose a house. I have the Mohagany and Purpleheart.

Mar 18, 2018 at 12:24 PM Post #130 of 136
P.S. Do any of you have any experience with Fostex 610s? Fostex THX00s(couldn't find them at the meetup)? Looking to see how close I can get to TH900's sound signature :)

Thanks & Peace.
I used to have the 600's, and I added the Lawton Type 1 mod. I sold them Chris, who forgot to bring them to the meed :frowning2:

I've heard the 610's at CanJams, and I think they are very good. I would heartily recommend them. I sometimes see them used on the Classified Forums for under $500.

Mar 18, 2018 at 12:37 PM Post #131 of 136
I don't have the TH900 though I believe the PH with attenuators would be the closest to them of the THX00 variants. Also, my PH have Eikon pads which I think makes them more spacious and much more comfortable.

Last edited:
Mar 18, 2018 at 6:20 PM Post #134 of 136
If you are local to Albuquerque, we caN meet for a mini meet. I can get a room at the library or we can choose a house. I have the Mohagany and Purpleheart.

That would be cool. I live outside of Santa Fe, but come down to ABQ for meetings and Costco :) I can order a pair of TH-610 for to compare...

Peace.

If you guys hold a mini-meet, let me know. I'd love to join in. I ordered an E-MU Teak (Fostex mod) about 3 weeks ago, so I should have that shortly (I'm hoping). Another good alternative to the TH900.

Mar 20, 2018 at 8:34 PM Post #135 of 136
Apologies for the delay, but finally got a free minute or two to go through these and get them uploaded.

Gallery HERE.

Not my best work, but in my defense I was mainly focused on interacting and enjoying the amazing array of goodies! Regardless, enjoy!

EDIT: Might want to hit refresh on the album page--it seems a bit finicky about displaying all of the photos; there should be 38 total.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back