New member needing some help
Mar 29, 2023 at 10:05 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 2

SpriggsyUK

New Head-Fier
Hi I'm new around here so please bear with me.

I've been getting into the Hi-Fi scene for a while and currently own a pair of Hifiman Sundara's and their Drop-HE4XX too. But onto the questions.

I've recently bought my first set of IEM's after having an accident that meant I couldn't wear my Sundara's for a while. After some research I ended up going with the 7Hz X Crinicle Salnotes Dioko's. So far they sound great through my Fiio KA3 and the Goxlr on my PC but I have two issues with them.

First when I go out with the Dioko's I'm getting static intermittently, it reminds me of the crackle you'd get before a phone call came through on older phones. Could this be an issue with the actual IEM's or could it be from the cable and is there a way to resolve it if that's the case?

The seconds issue is a little more worrying for me, one of the reasons I've never really bought IEM's is due to having relatively small ears, the dioko's fit but they are rubbing at the bottom of the IEM a bit, is this normal when first starting to use IEM's or could this be because they're too big for my ears after all?

Any advice is greatly appreciated.

Mar 29, 2023 at 10:14 PM Post #2 of 2
Try moving the connector a little to see if it's the plug not having a good connection, making sure it's clean helps. Moving the wire, or where the connect can also narrow it down.
If the design is causing discomfort, changing tips is the only option shorr of putting some tape over the spot to smooth it out.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back