New member from France search the best Headphones
May 19, 2009 at 7:51 AM Post #61 of 147
well, good morning everybody
bigsmile_face.gif

I've modified my budget because I can have the K701 for about 285$...

so, the question is :

can I have better cans than the K701 for 285$ or less ???
L3000.gif

May 19, 2009 at 9:45 AM Post #64 of 147
Quote:

Originally Posted by leeperry /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I don't think you can buy a K701 or Proline750 w/o auditioning them first.

yes, but you know that I can't test cans where I live...
ph34r.gif

May 19, 2009 at 9:58 AM Post #66 of 147
Quote:

Originally Posted by olblueyez /img/forum/go_quote.gif
600 Ohm Beyer DT990/880

Beyerdynamic Headphones

320$ on beyer manufaktur site...
it's closed back....

the K701 is an open back one

May 19, 2009 at 10:09 AM Post #67 of 147
Quote:

Originally Posted by bbbretzel /img/forum/go_quote.gif
yes, but you know that I can't test cans where I live...
ph34r.gif

so order from a shop w/ a good return policy then...thomann is your best choice, except for return shipping to Germany that will cost around 17 EUR

May 19, 2009 at 10:12 AM Post #68 of 147
I leaned toward K240 mkII...'

I don't like Beyer DT990 at all...
But I do like DT880 '03 and DT880 PRO...

May 19, 2009 at 10:25 AM Post #69 of 147
Quote:

Originally Posted by olblueyez /img/forum/go_quote.gif
600 Ohm Beyer DT990/880

Beyerdynamic Headphones

Well, i had K701 changed because of the lack of bass and the fact that the thin plastic mounts of the hanging sytem did not last long, the plastic they use wears and breaks too easily. You can perfectly do without those thin plastic mounts but when you pay a lot of money for quality this should not happen. Appart from that it could survive a nuclear blast. I sometimes miss the near orgasmic highs and sense of space the K701 offered.

It was replaced by the DT-880 version 2005, which to my taste is superior to the K701 because it can handle bass under 30hz what the K701 couldn't do (even amplified with NAD 320BEE or with yulong DAH1 DAC/Amplifier). The DT 880 is a very dynamic and neutral headphone its punchy and fast when needed, the whole bandwith is well covered.

i was still curious about Sennheiser's so i had Noir & Blanc in Brussels to kindly lend me the HD650 for 2 weeks. The HD650 delivered enough deep bass, but the whole spectrum had this warm and muddy feeling and that's not good, some call it the sennheiser sound or charm but i did not like it. The cans also felt like a fragile toy, not what you usually expect from an HiFi item.

The DT-880 is the best all rounder to me and with the same budget i would try out 600Ohms version.

May 19, 2009 at 10:30 AM Post #70 of 147
Quote:

Originally Posted by Audax /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Well, i had K701 changed because of the lack of bass and the fact that the thin plastic mounts of the hanging sytem did not last long, the plastic they use wears and breaks too easily. You can perfectly do without those thin plastic mounts but when you pay a lot of money for quality this should not happen. Appart from that it could survive a nuclear blast. I sometimes miss the near orgasmic highs and sense of space the K701 offered.

It was replaced by the DT-880 version 2005, which to my taste is superior to the K701 because it can handle bass under 30hz what the K701 couldn't do (even amplified with NAD 320BEE or with yulong DAH1 DAC/Amplifier). The DT 880 is a very dynamic and neutral headphone its punchy and fast when needed, the whole bandwith is well covered.

i was still curious about Sennheiser's so i had Noir & Blanc in Brussels to kindly lend me the HD650 for 2 weeks. The HD650 delivered enough deep bass, but the whole spectrum had this warm and muddy feeling and that's not good, some call it the sennheiser sound or charm but i did not like it. The cans also felt like a fragile toy, not what you usually expect from an HiFi item.

The DT-880 is the best all rounder to me and with the same budget i would try out 600Ohms version.

do you think 250 ohms aren't enough ???

what will are the differences ?

May 19, 2009 at 10:45 AM Post #71 of 147
Quote:

Originally Posted by bbbretzel /img/forum/go_quote.gif
...can I have better cans than the K701 for 285$ or less ???
L3000.gif

It depends on your sonic preferences. Every headphone has its flaws; you decide which you can tolerate the best.

For me personally the K 701 is the best (suited) headphone to date (over-all). If you have the opportunity to audition different headphones, you're in an ideal position. Keep in mind, though, that a fresh pair of K 701 will not show its true face; the K 701 needs quite a lot of break-in and wear-in (drivers and earpads). Plus good electronics.

May 19, 2009 at 10:47 AM Post #72 of 147
Of course the 250 Ohms are enough and they will satisfy you , i don't know what kind of headphones you have right now but i'm sure it will be a giant step forward.

I haven't tested the 600ohms yet but since a lot of people here tested both and say that 600Ohms is better, that's the way it is.

May 19, 2009 at 11:01 AM Post #74 of 147
Quote:

Originally Posted by JaZZ /img/forum/go_quote.gif
It depends on your sonic preferences. Every headphone has its flaws; you decide which you can tolerate the best.

For me personally the K 701 is the best (suited) headphone to date (over-all). If you have the opportunity to audition different headphones, you're in an ideal position. Keep in mind, though, that a fresh pair of K 701 will not show its true face; the K 701 needs quite a lot of break-in and wear-in (drivers and earpads). Plus good electronics.

thank you for your patience.
I understand. I must choice but I can't hear it before buying...

To Audax : the DT880 2005 version and the K701 have exactly the same price on thomann...

they are better others I think, but which one can I take ???
ph34r.gif

May 19, 2009 at 11:47 AM Post #75 of 147
yes, i know they cost both 211€ on thomann. Tough choice my friend..

How many hours a day do you want to use it ?

I used both cans on a regular basis for music, movies and gaming. I am a no-life PC geek so i pratically lived with those headphones on my head for 2 years. I have a big head and can assure you that Beyer is more comfortable and has the best build quality. That's a fact.

Sound quality depends a lot on your personal preferences and taste.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back