New Meier Corda Rock
Aug 8, 2012 at 2:55 PM Post #32 of 104
Quote:
Doesnt heat up at all, runs very cool. I have my AudioEngine D1 sitting on top of it. 

Have that same setup, though I've only got like half an hour of listening time on it, the Classic takes up most of the head time for me 
biggrin.gif

Aug 12, 2012 at 10:48 PM Post #33 of 104
Thanks for the reply, Heathen999.
I've ordered the Rock and it should be here any day now, fingers crossed.

I just remembered I need to buy a power plug. Just about any plug that works for computer monitors ought to do, right?

Aug 12, 2012 at 11:41 PM Post #34 of 104
Quote:
Thanks for the reply, Heathen999.
I've ordered the Rock and it should be here any day now, fingers crossed.

I just remembered I need to buy a power plug. Just about any plug that works for computer monitors ought to do, right?

No problem.

Yeah any regular IEC power cord works. I used one from a PC Power Supply but I am pretty sure most PC monitors use the same style plug. 

Aug 17, 2012 at 12:12 PM Post #35 of 104
Just got my Rock! Literally on my second song right now--no complaints thus far. Everything sounds clean and I'm happy that, even on hi-Z headphones, the volume knob allows for a 10 o'clock listening position.

How does one change the gain bridges?

Edit: Forgot to mention how tiny this amp is. It's cute, for lack of better word. Cute if a tank was cute--the thing really feels well built.

Aug 17, 2012 at 1:56 PM Post #36 of 104
Quote:
Just got my Rock! Literally on my second song right now--no complaints thus far. Everything sounds clean and I'm happy that, even on hi-Z headphones, the volume knob allows for a 10 o'clock listening position.

How does one change the gain bridges?

Edit: Forgot to mention how tiny this amp is. It's cute, for lack of better word. Cute if a tank was cute--the thing really feels well built.

On the underside of the AMP is two sets of jumpers. Move those according to the diagram it shows to change between High/Low or No Jumpers for High Gain at 22ohm I believe it is. Thats where I finally settled on, seemed to be about the best setting for all my headphones that I use with the Rock. 

Your right it sure is a very nice simplistic design that feels like a tank. I have had mine for a little over 3 weeks now and I couldnt be more happy with it. I think its a great value for what you get. 

Aug 17, 2012 at 11:18 PM Post #37 of 104
Sorry, because I've never changed jumpers before: how does one actually move the jumpers/bridges? Do I have to unscrew the casing?

On the plus side, I was just taking my 880 on a spin with the Rock and found weird distortion when playing a classical album. Weird, I thought, so I swapped inputs from my CDP to iPod, and played the same album--voila, no distortion. Hurrah! This revealing amp may have uncovered a problem with my CDP.

Aug 19, 2012 at 8:41 AM Post #39 of 104
Tried clawing at the bridges with my clumsy fingers, but no dice...
I think I need tweezers.

Nevermind, the volume is fine with my headphones and I don't think I'll use them with my IEMs, so it's all good.

Oct 28, 2012 at 8:46 PM Post #40 of 104
Thanks for all the impressions everyone. 

For those who have the Rock, does it make any humming noises? Or is it dead silent when running?

Oct 30, 2012 at 10:28 PM Post #43 of 104
Thanks for the replies Eric and asmoday! Great to hear that it's dead silent.

Jan 8, 2013 at 8:36 PM Post #45 of 104
Quote:
Bump.
I'm interested. More opinions?

My opinion is that this looks like one excellent amplifier.

I have two Meier Audio components. The StageDAC, and a little batter powered portable amp. Both of these are excellent.

However if I were considering the Rock, I think that paying more and getting the Jazz would be very worthwhile.

The Jazz has crossfeed. My StageDAC has crossfeed and I have found this to be really essential for headphone use now. I did not realise it was such a good thing until I got my StageDAC in fact, but it is really excellent.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back