New Loaner Program - TEAC UD-505 Headphone amp and DAC!
Feb 18, 2021 at 9:42 PM Post #63 of 82
I am in possession of the Teac from @Wiljen . Due to weather delays, the unit arrived yesterday.

Feb 18, 2021 at 9:44 PM Post #64 of 82
Feb 27, 2021 at 7:17 AM Post #65 of 82
Just wondering who has this beauty?
Have owned the UD 505 for two years now. It has served me well. I got it at a great price back then brand new. There was virtually no reviews videos anything at that time. I bought it with the Clear my first HP. The Clear did turn out to be a sleeper with staying power and perfect for me. Wondering now if the UD 505 is also a sleeper. My use case is headphone balanced only with it, input from a NAS drive through the home network. Afraid I can not offer much to the more detailed reviews that people are doing now. I do wonder if my unit is the same build as the ones that are being reviewed as it is a 2018 build. Mine is black. Both the clear and the UD 505 are both just as good as the day I started with them.

Mar 3, 2021 at 11:45 AM Post #66 of 82
Did everyone just give up on putting reviews and comments into the thread from the tour?

Mar 3, 2021 at 12:08 PM Post #67 of 82
Did everyone just give up on putting reviews and comments into the thread from the tour?
I am next, got an email said it was getting sent this week. Also i am not commenting or reading others until i get done with mine.

Mar 3, 2021 at 2:05 PM Post #68 of 82
Either that or nobody likes it and are just shy of saying it out loud! Hahahaha. Just joking! :wink:

Mar 3, 2021 at 5:49 PM Post #69 of 82
Either that or nobody likes it and are just shy of saying it out loud! Hahahaha. Just joking! :wink:
That could be. I absolutely love the UD-505. I bought one... Best DAC I have owned. Admittedly I have never owned a $3,000 plus DAC but have owned some quite capable DACs and the TEAC is my favorite. The upconvert feature is badass. It pairs perfectly with my Cembalo. I run it fixed 0db for 2 vrms and couldn't be happier. It really isn't my business to call out anyone on whether they put in a review or not. I just know that Todd Green is one of the truly great people in our community and deserves for us to honor the one ask of the loaner tour, which is to post our impressions.

Mar 3, 2021 at 5:53 PM Post #70 of 82
My review is in the final process. I just sent it off to the next, today.

Impressions from an email I sent Todd when he asked:

The Teac at first did not impress me, using the Coax out of the front into my XDuoo X10Tii. But when I switched to either the digital or RCA line outs, the Teac impressed me. I have a certain holographic sound coming through my Eikon's right now on Tidal, which is quite good. This is a very fine near-neutral (to me) unit, which should appeal to those who want a very versatile, multi-option-hook-up critter. At one point I had four sources hooked up to it, including BT. I know I can do that with others I have, but it showed the versatility of the Teac nicely.

Cheers.

Mar 3, 2021 at 6:06 PM Post #71 of 82
My review is in the final process. I just sent it off to the next, today.

Impressions from an email I sent Todd when he asked:

The Teac at first did not impress me, using the Coax out of the front into my XDuoo X10Tii. But when I switched to either the digital or RCA line outs, the Teac impressed me. I have a certain holographic sound coming through my Eikon's right now on Tidal, which is quite good. This is a very fine near-neutral (to me) unit, which should appeal to those who want a very versatile, multi-option-hook-up critter. At one point I had four sources hooked up to it, including BT. I know I can do that with others I have, but it showed the versatility of the Teac nicely.

Cheers.
That is awesome. It is a really cool device. I agree that the sound image is extremely developed and holographic. My Heddphone's and Code X3's are as open and detailed as I have heard them in my current set up. I added a USBe Perfect from Underwood Hifi between my iMac (running Roon) and my Teac and it is fantastic. I finally purchased a pentaconn cable for my LSA HP-2 so I can use the TEAC balanced with it. My Hedd's and X3's I run through my Cembalo with the TEAC providing D to A only. Love the TEAC. My next purchase will be the Master Clock from Todd when I can afford it. Since TEAC and Esoteric seem to play in the clock world it can only help. At least I hope...

Mar 5, 2021 at 1:08 PM Post #72 of 82
Mar 5, 2021 at 3:36 PM Post #73 of 82
Mar 20, 2021 at 3:48 PM Post #75 of 82

Users who are viewing this thread

Back