[New]Little Dot MK IV Pictures
Apr 17, 2007 at 7:00 PM Post #31 of 79
Quote:

Originally Posted by yrh0413 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
from the link given above (last page), Mr. Yang mentioned that the Mk 4 will be the top-of-the line model for the Mk series.

He also mentioned in the thread that the Mk4 will be priced higher than the current LD2 line.

Quote:

Originally Posted by mazersteven /img/forum/go_quote.gif
What do you just flit that red thing down for a full size headphone jack?

It's a neutrik locking jack. You hold down the tab to release the 1/4" plug otherwise the plug is locked. That way when you accidentally pull on your cable, rather than pulling the plug out, you will instead pull the entire amp off of your rack. It's a feature, I promise.
evil_smiley.gif

Apr 17, 2007 at 8:21 PM Post #33 of 79
Quote:

Originally Posted by Dept_of_Alchemy /img/forum/go_quote.gif
It's a neutrik locking jack. You hold down the tab to release the 1/4" plug otherwise the plug is locked. That way when you accidentally pull on your cable, rather than pulling the plug out, you will instead pull the entire amp off of your rack. It's a feature, I promise.
evil_smiley.gif

You just made me totally LOL and I thank you for that! Quite the mental image though a tad cringing.

Apr 17, 2007 at 8:33 PM Post #34 of 79
Is it forbidden to post pictures of new equipment?

I am a simple user and I live in Brazil. I told the truth in my original post. I really ordered a Little Dot II++. It is in Brazilian Customs right in this moment.

I didn't mean to make an advertisement. I just wanted to express a kind of “frustration”. If I knew they would lunch a better model, I would have waited.

Taxes in Brazil are prohibitive and Little Dot II++ is an affordable tube amplifier for us.

Best regards,

José Luis

Apr 17, 2007 at 8:44 PM Post #35 of 79
Quote:

Originally Posted by jgazal /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I didn't mean to make an advertisement. I just wanted to express a kind of “frustration”. If I knew they would lunch a better model, I would have waited.

Taxes in Brazil are prohibitive and Little Dot II++ is an affordable tube amplifier for us.

Well this model will likely cost a lot more than the LD2 series. If they have a lower-end model in the same price range (which I don't believe they've announced yet) then that will be where the real comparisons are.

I mean they've already had a "better" model out for quite some time, the LDIII+ but it's also twice th price. For all we know this might be the replacement for the LDIII+ and priced accordingly.

Apr 17, 2007 at 9:00 PM Post #36 of 79
I like the look of this new amp, but my experience with the LD II was not positive, so I will not be first in line to try one of these...

Apr 18, 2007 at 3:36 AM Post #40 of 79
2000 rmb is around $260. I think it'll be about $350-400 here in the states. It should be a bit less than the Darkvoice 332 since it's 2400 rmb ($320) in China and $400 here in the states.

Apr 18, 2007 at 4:48 AM Post #41 of 79
Cap values of 400V and 250V... pretty serious plate voltages.

thumbs up on the user interface... RCA jacks, TRS jack, volume knob and pot.

Apr 18, 2007 at 6:43 PM Post #42 of 79
http://www.little-tube.com/forum/for...sp?TID=91&PN=1

They updated the post on their forums with prices and specs:

Quote:

Little Dot MARK IV/IV SE Specifications

1) Input: One set RCA jacks
2) Outputs:
A. 1/4" Headphone jack with locking device,
B. One set RCA Preamp out jacks.
3) Frequency Range: 10Hz --- 100KHz (-1dB)
4) Degree of Distortion: 0.1 % (300 ohm, 100 mW)
5) Output Power:
A. 500 mw (600/300 ohm)
B. 300 mw (120 ohm)
C. 100 mw (32 ohm)
6) Output Impedance: 32 ohm --- 600 ohm
7) Measurements: 320(Length)X220(Depth)X140(Height) mm
8) Weight: 3.5Kg

9)What is the difference between these two models?

Ordinary Version:
Product Name: Little Dot MK IV
Preceding Tubes: JAN 5654 (USA)
Power Tubes: 6H30 EB (RUSSIA)
Headphone jack: 1/4 INCH (CHINA)
Output jack: RCA (CHINA)
Price: 299 US$

Limited Edition:
Product Name: Little Dot MK IV SE
Preceding Tubes: WE403A (USA)
Power Tubes: 6H30 PI (RUSSIA:Golden PIN)
Headphone jack: 1/4' NIUTRIK (Switzerland)
Output jack: CMC RCA (USA)
Price£º 399 US$

The price not includes postage charges.

Interesting. I wonder, are the different tubes compatible and the SE model just includes better tubes, or do they each use different type of tubes? I'd like to get the $299 one and then upgrade the tubes myself later on. I don't really care about the jacks.

Sword_yang also confirmed that it is compatible with EF92 tubes via the toggle switches, but it's not exactly clear if that holds true for both models since they seem to use different tubes.

Apr 18, 2007 at 6:48 PM Post #43 of 79
Very interesting... anyone know if this is a directly heated penthode design? I agree with GotNoRice, if the tubes are compatible, the neutrik and RCA are hardly worth $100 to me. I'd rather spend it on extra tubes to roll.

Apr 18, 2007 at 6:50 PM Post #44 of 79
Quote:

Originally Posted by GotNoRice /img/forum/go_quote.gif
http://www.little-tube.com/forum/for...sp?TID=91&PN=1

They updated the post on their forums with prices and specs:

Interesting. I wonder, are the different tubes compatible and the SE model just includes better tubes, or do they each use different type of tubes? I'd like to get the $299 one and then upgrade the tubes myself later on. I don't really care about the jacks.

Sword_yang also confirmed that it is compatible with EF92 tubes via the toggle switches, but it's not exactly clear if that holds true for both models since they seem to use different tubes.

WOW That is quite rather expensive!

Apr 18, 2007 at 6:55 PM Post #45 of 79
Quote:

Originally Posted by penguindude /img/forum/go_quote.gif
WOW That is quite rather expensive!

I was expecting that sort of pricing.
rolleyes.gif
It's gonna compete with DarkVoice and the HEED (and the Aria and HR micro and LDIII etc etc).

Gonna be intense. Somebody bite already!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back