New listening impressions of Stax C32 prototype and Shipping SR-009
May 22, 2011 at 8:36 PM Post #676 of 1,514
Mighty purty. How much is it in $USD, and where do you order it from?

Sorry for the redundant questions, I would really like a pair foe my BHKE SE.

Hitme with the sticker shocks, and then defib me, before I make the purchase. 
Last question: Do they want the money upfront or at they time of shipment? I'm interested in knowing how they fare against the Jades.

Mine was ordered from pricejapan.  I have checked several sources who has done business with him and there is no problem
We also have a group buy in Thailand (around 10 pairs)  which will cost around 4500$.  However because of the demand is high right now
I don't think they will be able to get 10 pairs at the same time, so there may be several who have to wait a little longer.
However this is my first order from him.  The price was 4358$ (this include s&h via EMS) the declared  value is 15200Yen.
This declared value will help a lot for those countries that have high custom rate, I think in EU it will be around 19%
In Thailand around 18%   He needs 1000$ for deposit.  I will get mine next week and I can inform more about my experience
with the pricejapan.  However the new order from pricejapan may take two months before delivery. 

May 23, 2011 at 1:59 AM Post #677 of 1,514

Quote:
I've been insulted for saying this, BEWARE!! Basically, I can't imagine where such amp can take the 009 to. But certainly, the 727 - even in stock form - seems to be pretty decent at driving them. 

Anyway it sounds promising if you are so impressed with their performance on an unmodded 727.

I have only heard the BHSE on one occasion and was blown away by the sound quality with both 007's and the Sigma/404 compared to my 717 set-up.  Things sounded more natural, neutral, dynamic, detailed,  and better separated in the soundfield.  But a few months later I upgraded my DAC and heard major improvements in my system which made me wonder how much of what I heard with the BHSE was due to a better cd playing set-up.  I assumed that Justin  had something better than mine.  At any rate we await a report on the 009 from someone with a  BHSE.

May 23, 2011 at 5:17 AM Post #678 of 1,514
After I paid the full amount to pricejapan this afternoon, Kaneda sent me an email
informing that the SR009 will be shipped today.   Probably in a few days it will reach me.
My modded (Spritzer's) 727 will also be shipped today from Iceland.   Hopefully I will have a chance to
listen to the SR009 vs SR Omega, vs O2mkI with the modded 727  vs HE90 via the Boybee
(Thai version of Woo Wee) by next week.   I also hope that my Aristaeus amplifier will arrive from
Justin soon.

May 23, 2011 at 7:59 AM Post #681 of 1,514
@MuppetFace: sorry about your wallet :wink: I don't think you'll be disappointed though!

@rzy6cn: didn't you get yours from Yodobashi Akiba? Mine is 1057 and I would have thought the various stores get pairs in sequential number? Maybe not then. As for the counter, I also believe it starts at 1000, the 1 meaning it's original version of sr009... If a thousand pairs had already sold, the price would probably be one zero less :wink:

May 23, 2011 at 8:13 AM Post #682 of 1,514
Hi

I got myself from sofmap. It already arrived at my friend's home. He is going to ship to me tomorrow to Australia.

It is a regret that I have not got the 1001~1049 ones :S I believe I'm the first person who ordered from sofmap as I ordered online after they release the order page for 1 hour. I believe sofmap did not get any 1st batch so I got the 2nd batch instead.

Anyway can not wait anymore to enjoy it!!

May 23, 2011 at 9:29 AM Post #683 of 1,514
1062 here. 
bigsmile_face.gif

May 23, 2011 at 1:48 PM Post #687 of 1,514

Quote:
Mine's 1036...

Seeing that you have both the stax amp and BSHE, would you mind elaborating the SR009 performance out of the two amps.  How big of an improvement one can expect b/w 007T and BHSE are we talking about for SR009?  Is the SROII out of favor now since the SR009 arrived?

May 23, 2011 at 4:33 PM Post #690 of 1,514

Quote:
Is it right, Wiktor, to locate 009 over SR-Omega?

[size=10pt]... yes and no.[/size]

[size=10pt]On the one hand when we will compare these two headphones not as flagship models from the same producer but as different ones, probably many people would say "wow, it is an amazing sound". It will be true, so I say yes.[/size]

[size=10pt]But on the other hand  if we compare two Stax flagship models (one from '93, second from '11) which don't have much in common. Many people speak about some manners, character of playing, etc, typically for Stax, new flagship model doesn't have it yet. In this case I say no.[/size]

Users who are viewing this thread

Back