New listening impressions of Stax C32 prototype and Shipping SR-009
May 26, 2011 at 5:06 PM Post #766 of 1,514
Quote:
Btw, out of curiosity, what is the surface temp on your amp spritzer?

I vote that all DIY T2 owners need to put a warning sticker on all their amps :wink:

Mine is sadly still in pieces while I upgrade all the resistors to premium units.  The heat issues we had in Chicago were mostly due to the amp and PSU being stacked.  Once they are separated it is much less of an issue.  My KGSS has the same issue, the massive aluminum chassis does help quite a bit but stacking the amp like that makes it run much hotter. 

May 26, 2011 at 9:13 PM Post #767 of 1,514
All z-foils in the signal path?  :D

Quote:
Mine is sadly still in pieces while I upgrade all the resistors to premium units.  The heat issues we had in Chicago were mostly due to the amp and PSU being stacked.  Once they are separated it is much less of an issue.  My KGSS has the same issue, the massive aluminum chassis does help quite a bit but stacking the amp like that makes it run much hotter. 

May 26, 2011 at 11:38 PM Post #769 of 1,514

Quote:
All z-foils in the signal path?  :D

Quote:

All z-foils??? all over??  :)

Sorry about your wallet.....

May 27, 2011 at 1:41 AM Post #770 of 1,514

Quote:
A follow up on the Pricejapan,  I have received the SR009 today.  I would like to say that there is
no problem at all for this purchase.  I only entered their website , filling their form and you can choolse the method
of S&H. Then you paid the deposit of $1,000.  I have ordered mine on last week of April and was informed the arrival
of SR009 on third week of May. You paid the remaining balance of 3258$.  The SR009 was shipped on the same
day of payment and 3-4 days later the SR009 has cleared the custom with the declared value of 15,200yen.
Now I am listening the great SR009 via the Boybee (same as Woosee energizer) which is connectted to the
speaker post of my balanced beta 22 .  I will have more chance to listen the SR009 comparing to HE90, SR Omega ,
Omega II mkI, Stax 507 later with the boybee, Stax SRM300 and 727t (Spritzer modded, Stax headphones only).
I also heard from the owner of the first SR009 from pricejapan that the deal went smoothly as butter.  His arrived
2 days earlier than mine and we are only 2 hours apart.

Congrats!!!

how much is the shipping+handling+custom duty?

May 27, 2011 at 2:06 AM Post #771 of 1,514
Just to add my .02 cents about the 323.  I heard it at the same meet as Purrin and was not as impressed as I hoped I would be.  Though I was using my ESP950 w/ adapter cable.  Thx Jim!  I had hoped for something to replace my E90 but the 323 couldn't compare to the BHSE or the KGSSHV to my ears.  Crossed that off my list.

May 27, 2011 at 2:16 AM Post #772 of 1,514
Anyone tried the Rudistor Coriolan amp on the SR007 / SR009? How does it compare with the BHSE?

May 27, 2011 at 2:31 AM Post #773 of 1,514
lol 
popcorn.gif

May 27, 2011 at 2:43 AM Post #774 of 1,514
May 27, 2011 at 7:22 AM Post #778 of 1,514
Quote:
Oh wow, $40 custom is a real 'good deal'. Did you ask them to mark lower price or they automatically did that? Been thinking of pulling the trigger but am scared of the custom.

An important question. For many countries, the sum of customs plus VAT can be 25% or higher of the declared price, so if PJ automatically mark down the declared price, then that makes for a fantastic deal compared to buying locally.

May 27, 2011 at 8:39 AM Post #780 of 1,514
if you want to read about the rudistor amp/009 combo impression,here's the thread if you are keen on using the google translation
http://bbs.headphoneclub.com/viewthread.php?tid=158590&highlight=
apparently those guy got hold of the headphone early because someone has connection with stax from japan.
the source and headphone is good, but the amp is... but what can you do, rudistor is big over there.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back