New Leckerton UHA-6S MKII Portable Headphone Amplifier Announced (Update User Impressions Added July 20th 2012)
Oct 11, 2013 at 5:42 AM Post #1,906 of 2,354
Managed to test the Modi. The shop said they have stock for the Schiit Loki but had no demo for me to test. 

Didn't think I need DSD as I have absolutely no idea what that is, so I just tested Modi, liked it, and got it.

And a $50 cable for the Modi to the MKII. (that one hurts) 

Oct 11, 2013 at 6:44 AM Post #1,907 of 2,354
  Managed to test the Modi. The shop said they have stock for the Schiit Loki but had no demo for me to test. 

Didn't think I need DSD as I have absolutely no idea what that is, so I just tested Modi, liked it, and got it.

And a $50 cable for the Modi to the MKII. (that one hurts) 

Why did you pay $50 for some RCA cables when you could have gotten them for a few dollars off of monoprice? =/

Oct 11, 2013 at 7:41 AM Post #1,909 of 2,354
  No difference in quality? I was encouraged to buy these for better sound quality. :frowning2:

They even tried to sell me USB cables for $70

No, you should go return them ASAP if you still can.

Oct 11, 2013 at 7:21 PM Post #1,911 of 2,354
  No difference in quality? I was encouraged to buy these for better sound quality. :frowning2:

They even tried to sell me USB cables for $70

Only your ears can tell you if there is any difference. Some people got lucky and hear no difference and thus money saved. But for those who can hear the difference their wallets hurt.

Oct 11, 2013 at 9:15 PM Post #1,912 of 2,354

Only your ears can tell you if there is any difference. Some people got lucky and hear no difference and thus money saved. But for those who can hear the difference their wallets hurt.

hehe, this probably means that for me to know which category I am, I should go buy another cable (albeit cheap) so I can do some testing.

Oct 11, 2013 at 9:32 PM Post #1,913 of 2,354
$50 cable for a $100 dac does not make any sense whatsoever. 

Oct 11, 2013 at 9:48 PM Post #1,914 of 2,354
  hehe, this probably means that for me to know which category I am, I should go buy another cable (albeit cheap) so I can do some testing.

Or you can choose to not believe the “hype” and simply forget about it. Curiosity can be contagious sometimes, it can be good or bad depending on each individual.

$50 cable for a $100 dac does not make any sense whatsoever. 

The answer is DIY.

Oct 12, 2013 at 1:10 AM Post #1,916 of 2,354
  The cables are made by a company called QED, btw. I'll take this as a lesson learnt and not pay for overpriced cables anymore.

This is why Monster has generated so much ill will among educated consumers.  Their past claims for HDMI cables were so ridiculous and misleading that it should have been deemed criminal and those responsible locked up.

Oct 12, 2013 at 2:46 AM Post #1,918 of 2,354
Just thought of something. How about 3rd party cables for iems? I see some going for hundreds of dollars just for a short cable!

Here's a thread about cables from the dark and disreputable slum of head-fi, also known as the sound science forum. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back