New Leckerton UHA-6S MKII Portable Headphone Amplifier Announced (Update User Impressions Added July 20th 2012)
Oct 6, 2013 at 2:41 PM Post #1,877 of 2,354

+1 for trade in program. Does he do it?

This is his response from my email about a week ago:

Code:
 I'm considering a trade-in program for the new UHA760, although I don't know what the details would be yet.

Oct 6, 2013 at 3:06 PM Post #1,879 of 2,354
I'd like for the SQ to be better than the uha-6s mkii. I only paid $200 used for mine, so it wouldn't be worth the upg otherwise. I really hope Nick has a trade-in program though.

I could find no room for improvement with the 6S sound quality, really. At least the amp section. I feel the additional features alone are worth the extra expense. So if SQ remains the same (or better- who knows!) I would be satisfied.

I am curious as to what opamps this will use, as the blog entry suggests they will not be socketed. The follow up unit will have socketed opamps. I'm hoping 8610..?

Oct 6, 2013 at 6:54 PM Post #1,880 of 2,354
My amp randomly makes LOUD buzzing noises, which would change in intensity/frequency if I moved it around. I emailed him at the website and got no response, anything I should do?

Also, it was purchased Jan this year so it's still under warranty.

Oct 6, 2013 at 7:14 PM Post #1,881 of 2,354
I could find no room for improvement with the 6S sound quality, really. At least the amp section. I feel the additional features alone are worth the extra expense. So if SQ remains the same (or better- who knows!) I would be satisfied.

I am curious as to what opamps this will use, as the blog entry suggests they will not be socketed. The follow up unit will have socketed opamps. I'm hoping 8610..?

ADA4627 please :D. Though I'd wait for the spdif/socketed version cause I mainly use it with my dx50.

My amp randomly makes LOUD buzzing noises, which would change in intensity/frequency if I moved it around. I emailed him at the website and got no response, anything I should do?

Also, it was purchased Jan this year so it's still under warranty.

Nick doesn't answer emails on weekends. Did you check if it was your other components causing the problem?

Oct 6, 2013 at 8:17 PM Post #1,884 of 2,354
I hear no noise no matter how I hook mine up. It sounds like something may be wrong with yours.

Oct 8, 2013 at 5:07 AM Post #1,889 of 2,354
New amp details sound pretty awesome, but man is it expensive. I had already decided I would be getting one of these when they come out, but at that price point, I might wait for reviews or for used ones to become available.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back