New Leckerton UHA-6S MKII Portable Headphone Amplifier Announced (Update User Impressions Added July 20th 2012)
Jan 24, 2013 at 10:46 AM Post #1,280 of 2,354
Quote:
You could buy a DACport LX (or a Dragonfly) and have a better DAC for less money.

Except that the V-Link 192 is $200 and the V-Link 2 is $130.

Still, I'm open to suggestions 
size]

Honestly, I might just get the Leckerton and try its USB implementation for a while before considering upgrading, but I do have the Bifrost to compare it to so I'm not sure how much I'll like the DAC section.

Jan 24, 2013 at 1:18 PM Post #1,281 of 2,354
Well, why not. UHA-6S MkII is on its way. Now it's a race to see if it, my LCD-2s, or my 4.As get here first.

And if it turns out I don't care for the USB I can always try an ODAC or something I suppose.

Jan 24, 2013 at 7:38 PM Post #1,286 of 2,354
I'm sorry if this question has been answered already, I have been looking through this thread, but it is loooooong! 

I have an iPhone 5 with the lightning connector. Are either of these adapters better than the other in terms of connecting to the Leckerton (or even an ODAC):

1. The lightning to micro USB adapter
2. The lightning camera adapter

Are there major pitfalls of using one or the other?
Thanks.
-Dan

Jan 24, 2013 at 11:14 PM Post #1,289 of 2,354
Good to see I'm not the only one waiting on gear to pair with the UHA-6S MKII. I'm waiting on the Heir Audio 4A, the CLAS -db, and the Fostex Paradox. I'm hoping the CLAS paired with the Leckerton will put my mobile rig on a whole new level.

Jan 25, 2013 at 12:28 AM Post #1,290 of 2,354
Quote:
I'm sorry if this question has been answered already, I have been looking through this thread, but it is loooooong! 

I have an iPhone 5 with the lightning connector. Are either of these adapters better than the other in terms of connecting to the Leckerton (or even an ODAC):

1. The lightning to micro USB adapter
2. The lightning camera adapter

Are there major pitfalls of using one or the other?
Thanks.
-Dan

Sorry but I think both dont work with the iphone 5.  I have the CCK and it only works with my ipad mini or friend's ipad 4.  The CCK doesnt work with my iphone 5. 

You can use the the Lightning to 30pin with a LOD on the iphone 5 or any of the Ipads.  This will give it the Wolfson Dac vs the Circus logic inside the iphones and ipads.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back