New Leckerton UHA-6S MKII Portable Headphone Amplifier Announced (Update User Impressions Added July 20th 2012)
Jan 9, 2013 at 12:13 AM Post #1,216 of 2,354
That makes me wondering if I should give a shot on opa627.
I have AD8610 as default because getting opa627 from nick is somewhat expensive ($50 is an overkill for my wallet)

Also there are fake opa627 and it is hard to identify them... Where do you guys get it from?
AD8610 sounds very clean and detail IMO... I want a more mellow and sweetness sound :)

Jan 9, 2013 at 12:27 AM Post #1,217 of 2,354
Quote:
That makes me wondering if I should give a shot on opa627.
I have AD8610 as default because getting opa627 from nick is somewhat expensive ($50 is an overkill for my wallet)
Also there are fake opa627 and it is hard to identify them... Where do you guys get it from?
AD8610 sounds very clean and detail IMO... I want a more mellow and sweetness sound
smily_headphones1.gif

http://www.mouser.com/Search/Refine.aspx?Keyword=Op+Amp+627AP

Make sure to pick them up in pairs. Each one is $18.75. I bought mine here and just sold mine off so :p.

Jan 9, 2013 at 1:26 PM Post #1,219 of 2,354

Which one's better depends on what you're listening with. I think I prefer the stock 8610 with the Heir 4.A, though I prefer the OPA627 with the Hidition NT 6 Pro.

Make sure to pick them up in pairs. Each one is $18.75. I bought mine here and just sold mine off so :p.

$18.75 times two plus shipping from Mouser is in the ballpark of $50 total... :)

For anybody interested in getting op-amps, contact Nick. The listed $50 is the upcharge for the UHA-6 with the OPA627 installed; it might or might not reflect the price of the op-amps bought standalone.

Why in pairs? I thought UHA-6SMKII only requires one.. Lol

One per channel.

Jan 9, 2013 at 8:30 PM Post #1,221 of 2,354
Quote:
Isn't the Pico Slim a digital pot? I had mentioned Digital pots but you also sacrifice some transparency with that. But it just depends on what your needs are :).

The Pico Slim is an analogue amp, it can't digitally attenuate anything. The pot controls the chip which attenuates the volume to one of 120+ steps (I forget the exact number).

Quote:
Quote:
http://www.mouser.com/Search/Refine.aspx?Keyword=Op+Amp+627AP

Why in pairs? I thought UHA-6SMKII only requires one.. Lol

Opamps can either be single-channel or dual channel. The UHA-6 uses 2 single-channel opamps (one for the left channel and one for the right channel). Some opamps are only available as single-channel variants, such as the OPA627.

Jan 11, 2013 at 5:17 AM Post #1,222 of 2,354
Hello all! I've been a lurker of this thread for a while and, thanks to your comments, I decided to buy the Leckerton. In fact, it just arrived today! From what I have had the opportunity to listen to it with my HD-598's, it´s much, much better thant the Fiio E11 I used to use. It really does increase the soundstage and makes the bass more energetic and tight, It has also made the highs a bit more clearer in my opinion. The thing is, I had -I dont know if I should call it- a problem when I used it earlier with some videos. The leckerton was connected to my computer by USB as a DAC. The volume of the videos was low, so I turned the gain setting of the amp to high. It was also charging at the moment. The thing is, when I touched the volume knob with my bare fingers (my thumb and index finger) I heard static noises from the headphones. This happened everytime I touched it. I did some experimenting and discovered this also happened when the gain setting was turned to low, although at a much lower volume. I turned off the charge switch and the issue persisted. Also, this doesn't happen when I'm holding the amp with one hand and touch the knob with the other, it just happens when it's resting somewhere, like a table. I wanted to ask if someone here has noticed this and, if they have, if it's the normal behaviour of the amp. It's also important to note that my amp is the silver colored one, maybe in the black ones this issue isn't as apparent because the paint could reduce the conductivity of the aluminium. Maybe it's just that the climate in my region is somewhat dry so it generates more static than normal, but I'd like to think that if the knob was properly isolated from the circuit it shouldn't be making this noise. Although, I don´t think an issue like this is a dealbreaker due to the overall quality of the amp and the fact that the issue only happens when you want to increase or decrease the volume. So, what do you think? Is this normal, or could my amp be defective? I really don't like the idea of returning it now that it has arrived (I'm from Mexico, and due to the holidays it took nearly one month to arrive. Also, shipping costs...), but I will if I have to.

P.S. Sorry for my bad english :p

Jan 11, 2013 at 4:58 PM Post #1,225 of 2,354
Well I don't remember having static issues on the unit when moving the volume pot. Although I've had that on other amps such as the Fiio E9.

Jan 12, 2013 at 9:27 AM Post #1,226 of 2,354
me two had on it DAC for while yet didnt have even one problem

Jan 12, 2013 at 10:45 AM Post #1,227 of 2,354
I have never had that static issue, and have used the DAC on three different computers. The DAC charge switch on our off, computers either on battery or plugged in, no static. Also have tried the DAC on my nexus 7 and Blu-ray player. No static.

It is entirely possible that you may have a defect...but have you tried using it yet on another computer, watching the same videos? At least to rule out your computer as the problem.

Jan 12, 2013 at 2:13 PM Post #1,228 of 2,354
How does this compare to the Graham Slee Voyager for powering HD650's?

Jan 13, 2013 at 5:24 AM Post #1,229 of 2,354
So I received my HE-500 this week, and am thrilled about how great they sound out of the Leckerton.  I was planning on getting a new desktop DAC and amp soon to do the Hifimans justice, but this sounds so good I'm finding it hard to justify the upgrade!

Jan 13, 2013 at 8:05 AM Post #1,230 of 2,354
Just for fun, but the sound is excellent. 

The mini-to-mini is made with solid core platinum wire. It was given to me.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back