New Leckerton UHA-6S MKII Portable Headphone Amplifier Announced (Update User Impressions Added July 20th 2012)
Nov 5, 2012 at 4:50 AM Post #676 of 2,354
Quote:
Hahah being best not by its merit but because the seller refunded you? :pp

nah all is going for it now and was waiting for the stock like crazy :p even i did XD so i think it is the best atm am i right? Hope this AMP be the best with Treble though

Nov 7, 2012 at 9:34 AM Post #677 of 2,354
How fast does leckerton ship once payed?

I'm in interested in both UHA4 and UHA6-S mk2, but I haven't found a direct comparison between them.
How does the UHA-6S mkii fares against sub US$ 350 dac/amps combo(that's what I'm looking for), like the  ibasso D6 and D12?

Nov 7, 2012 at 4:55 PM Post #678 of 2,354
Quote:
How fast does leckerton ship once payed?

I'm in interested in both UHA4 and UHA6-S mk2, but I haven't found a direct comparison between them.
How does the UHA-6S mkii fares against sub US$ 350 dac/amps combo(that's what I'm looking for), like the  ibasso D6 and D12?

The UHA6 MKII is superior to my DX100 amp. At least from what I have been told the DX100 amp is superior to the D12.

Nov 7, 2012 at 7:15 PM Post #680 of 2,354
Quote:
 As an DAC+amp, how does it compare to the DX100?

Also, the same question for the Xonar STX if possible

The DAC section isn't even comparable at all, the DX100 Sabre DAC just crushes it. Only the Amp section is comparable. I feel the amp section is an upgrade over the DX100 internal amp section. But synergy wise I am more likely to use the T1 amp with it. Unless I want lots of musicality then I'll use Op Amp 627AP with the UHA6. Pretty much depends on my mood but generally I'll stick with the T1 on the DX100.

Nov 7, 2012 at 11:28 PM Post #681 of 2,354
Quote:
The DAC section isn't even comparable at all, the DX100 Sabre DAC just crushes it. Only the Amp section is comparable. I feel the amp section is an upgrade over the DX100 internal amp section. But synergy wise I am more likely to use the T1 amp with it. Unless I want lots of musicality then I'll use Op Amp 627AP with the UHA6. Pretty much depends on my mood but generally I'll stick with the T1 on the DX100.

Hmph, we should all flood Nicks email begging him to put out a UHA6 MKIII that utilizes the same Sabre DAC the DX100 utilizes. Now that would be a crazy all in one combo.

Nov 7, 2012 at 11:38 PM Post #682 of 2,354
That would be nice but the implementation is also gonna play a big roll in the final sound. Not saying Nick makes bad combos but not really sure if he'd be able to pull it off getting the most of the Sabre DAC. But I'd be all game if he could :).

Yeah I just went back to Nicks site and they are indeed selling 8610 as standard again :). Guess Nick hears it as I do :p. I think one big reason though is because of the interference from portable devices.

Nov 8, 2012 at 6:29 AM Post #685 of 2,354
Quote:

His day job is at Cirrus Devices so I don't think he'll be changing the DAC component.

Pretty much that is the only weak-point of his amp. Not saying that's its bad by any means but just not comparable to other offering in terms of sound quality. Still the DAC section is noticeably better than anything from ipod or your mainstream devices. We can all dream though :p.

Nov 8, 2012 at 8:06 AM Post #687 of 2,354
I like my uha-6s-mkii better than my RSA Predator.
gs1000.gif

Nov 8, 2012 at 11:06 AM Post #690 of 2,354
Quote:
 How the UHA-6S mk2 goes against the RSA predator as a dac/amp combo(not just as an amp)?

Haven't focused on the DAC aspect because I'm tooooooooooooooooooo chicken to root my source (iPhone 4s). 

But I will tell you this; at 9 o'clock on the Leck running flat & high gain with Smeggy or Westy, sounds perfectly fabulous to me.
L3000.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back