New Leckerton UHA-6S MKII Portable Headphone Amplifier Announced (Update User Impressions Added July 20th 2012)
Sep 26, 2012 at 12:20 PM Post #482 of 2,354
It probably doesn't do authentication. From what I've read the problem at the moment is that the Lightning connector identifies itself by purpose, and so the connector used to dock the iPhone as a device on your computer won't be the same connector used to connect a DAC as a device to the iPhone. So hypothetically it's probable that something will materialize but I'm not aware of any Lightning cables for iPhone->device connections yet.

Sep 26, 2012 at 4:51 PM Post #483 of 2,354
It probably doesn't do authentication. From what I've read the problem at the moment is that the Lightning connector identifies itself by purpose, and so the connector used to dock the iPhone as a device on your computer won't be the same connector used to connect a DAC as a device to the iPhone. So hypothetically it's probable that something will materialize but I'm not aware of any Lightning cables for iPhone->device connections yet.

Thanks mate. I'm getting a clearer picture about these digital connectors now.

Sep 27, 2012 at 5:53 AM Post #487 of 2,354
That is subjective and is entirely up to you. The UHA6 MKII has a very good amp section and a decent DAC included inside the amp. I already gave advice on the Op-Amps. At home I use a DACport LX with my UHA6 MKII.

Oct 1, 2012 at 8:55 PM Post #492 of 2,354
Quote:
finally gave in and ordered one, so excited! hope it pairs well with the gr07
tongue.gif

I have the UHA-4 with the 209 and it sounds fantastic with the GR07s. I can only imagine how much better the new amp will sound.

Oct 4, 2012 at 12:21 AM Post #495 of 2,354
I think DanyBai has the ALO MKIII so I'd love to hear him chime in on how vast the differenes between these amps are. At least from what I've heard the UHA6 MKII isn't far from it at all, considering the ALO is more than double its price tag.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back