New Leckerton UHA-6S MKII Portable Headphone Amplifier Announced (Update User Impressions Added July 20th 2012)
Oct 4, 2014 at 9:25 PM Post #2,193 of 2,354
Do you notice Sound Quality improvment against the custom audio of the S5 ? (it should have a better DAC curcuit then that of the Leckerton 6s mk2)

Thanks

Did I ever reply to this? Sorry...

The Galaxy S5 headphone output sounds like crap compared to using this amp with it via OTG USB. Big improvement with the Leckerton.

Nov 18, 2014 at 3:08 PM Post #2,194 of 2,354
I recently had an email exchange with Nick. He said he will have some new products (amp only, amp/dac, etc) coming out early next year. I will definitely try his new model for amp only, even tho I am 100% satisfied with this little amazing capless UHA-6S.MK2. 

Nov 18, 2014 at 7:30 PM Post #2,196 of 2,354
  I'm sure he is cooking something nice. It's been quite a while since he moved and quit his day job to focus on Leckerton.

Yeah wish him the best for something he loves and enjoys doing. I can't thank him enough for his capless design concept. I haven't come to know any other amp designed with the same concept. 

Go capless everything, that's what I have learned. 

Nov 22, 2014 at 11:34 PM Post #2,197 of 2,354
  I recently had an email exchange with Nick. He said he will have some new products (amp only, amp/dac, etc) coming out early next year. I will definitely try his new model for amp only, even tho I am 100% satisfied with this little amazing capless UHA-6S.MK2. 

I almost headed to place order for the MKII, I'll definitely wait for that few months... 
biggrin.gif

Nov 23, 2014 at 2:01 AM Post #2,198 of 2,354
I am still exceedingly happy with my trusty 6S.mkii. I recently put in the AD8620 op amps (replacing the AD4627s I had in there), and I am noticing some definite area of improvement. While the bass has been slightly reduced, there is a much more 3D effect, and the soundstage seems both wider and deeper.

My very short wish list for improvement would be:

1) A better DAC chip, with support for up to 24/192 over USB and optical. The limited USB connection is really a hindrance to me, as I don't use iDevices and would like to get everything out of the DAC. I don't always like to carry a toslink cable to get the best sound.

2) I would love to have the 3 position gain switch from the 760, so I can use both sensitive IEMs and full size headphones comfortably. I have the low gain mod on my 6S, and it is perfect for IEMs, but I just run out of power for my full size headphones.

3) I would love to see a fully balanced offering (and even better if it is fully balanced DAC + fully balanced amp). This last one is a pipe dream, of course, but I would definitely be willing to pay up.

Nov 23, 2014 at 3:08 AM Post #2,199 of 2,354
According to Nick, this initial amp-only model will not have balanced outputs. The other models (amp/dac) may have but I didn't ask him.

I don't care about DAC as I use my diymods, but I love to pair my capless diymods to the UHA6S which to my knowledge is the only amp without using dc coupling caps yet capable of compensating for a few volts of DC offsets.

Nov 23, 2014 at 2:02 PM Post #2,201 of 2,354
That is what I was hoping -- a balanced solution as a new (possibly more expensive) product, and not necessarily as an improvement on the 6S successor. I would love to see what Nick could do with a balanced design.

Nov 24, 2014 at 2:20 AM Post #2,202 of 2,354
That is what I was hoping -- a balanced solution as a new (possibly more expensive) product, and not necessarily as an improvement on the 6S successor. I would love to see what Nick could do with a balanced design.

Haha, balanced all the way. Sadly, I've never had a chance to try out balanced stuff here, many still circa around single ended stuff and balanced is quite uncommon here. Can only try it if I invest and get them overseas. 
confused_face.gif

Dec 1, 2014 at 4:01 AM Post #2,203 of 2,354
Has anyone compared the UHA-6S Mkl to the MKll using the same OPA?
Trying to decide if I should upgrade from the MKl...I only use the amp section.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back