New KRK Professional Headphones
Nov 15, 2010 at 9:09 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 18

John Willett

Member of the Trade: Sound-Link ProAudio & Circle Sound Services
Nov 15, 2010 at 9:47 AM Post #2 of 18
Uhm.. "as soon as I put those headphones on, I felt like I was listening to KRKs"

I really take the comments from all of the "producers" in the video with a grain of salt, especially because of the usual comments that I was expecting to come out of their mouths. The memory foam idea sounds pretty cool, but I highly doubt they will rival most headphones that have become studio standards such as Fostex T50RPs, HD280s or ATH-M50s, but I will definitely try these out if they are priced correctly.

Nov 15, 2010 at 9:59 AM Post #4 of 18
Good to hear they have high and lows, but what about in between?

Not that I'd take a promotional video like this seriously, but why not even bother mentioning mids, even if lying?

Nov 15, 2010 at 2:21 PM Post #6 of 18
Looks interesting. Pro-audio gear doesn't get much attention here on head-fi (except for the E-MU 0404 for some strange reason) which is a shame. I've got some Pioneer headphones which I think are fantastic; they also have memory foam earpads/headband which are extremely comfortable. The KRK specs and design look pretty standard, and it's a competitive price with all the other monitor headphones, so I'm interested in seeing how they stack up.

Nov 25, 2010 at 11:01 PM Post #12 of 18
have to say that was one of the worst product placement videos I have ever watch... headphone performance aside, they are horrible actors haha.

Nov 26, 2010 at 7:35 AM Post #14 of 18

Quote:
Well, I'm intrigued. Never heard of KRK though, though that may be because I'm not an audio professional. Are they a big name?

They have been around for a few decades and are well known for delivering some of the most bang for the buck as far as active monitors go.

Nov 28, 2010 at 5:29 AM Post #15 of 18

Quote:
Quote:
Well, I'm intrigued. Never heard of KRK though, though that may be because I'm not an audio professional. Are they a big name?

They have been around for a few decades and are well known for delivering some of the most bang for the buck as far as active monitors go.

i ordered a pair of their 8400.hopefully the sound will be balanced...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back