Kennerton ODIN, MAGISTER, VALI, Magni, Gjallarhorn, Rögnir, Thridi, Wodan, Thekk, and Thror Discussion.
Jan 31, 2019 at 1:34 PM Post #1,952 of 10,023
Hello everyone,

Here is the link to a very interesting review of the new Kennerton Thridi headphones (also called Odin mk3), wrote by Rutger, on the Russian forum. (Note: you can use google translate)
Link: http://player.ru/showthread.php?t=142284&page=110&p=2717712&viewfull=1#post2717712

The new Kennerton Thridi could be the successful synthesis of the famous Kennerton Odin mk2 (now discontinued) and the Kennerton Thror (new flagship of the Kennerton brand).
So, the Thridi is perhaps the best of both worlds ? :)

Last edited:
Feb 1, 2019 at 8:32 AM Post #1,953 of 10,023
Hi all,

Here is the link to an other interesting review, this time about the Kennerton Thror (new flagship of the Kennerton brand) wrote by my compatriot DavidSylvian38, on the French forum. (Note: you can use google translate)
Link: https://musique-o-casque.com/viewtopic.php?p=900#p900
Good reading. :)

EDIT:
To summarize this review: the Kennerton Thror headphones is even more defined, airy, readable and rigorous than the Thridi (and even more compared to the Odin mk2), especially in particularly clean and fast bass; it is a little less dull (more clear) than the Thridi headphones (more extended in uper treble?), but also a little less fun than the Thridi and Odin mk2.
The KennertonThror is a non-demonstrative headphones requiring an extended listening time to appreciate it at its fair value.
Otherwise, very good holding of power of the Thror headphones (without distorsions or vibrations), especially in the bass (more than with an electrodynamic headphones) (note: I confirm with listening this Thror headphones at high volume in the Hans Zimmer's concert Live in Prague, particularly loaded in powerfull bass and sub-bass)).

Last edited:
Feb 2, 2019 at 4:04 AM Post #1,954 of 10,023
Hello everyone,

In addition to the possible choices (coming soon) of the wood species for the Kennerton Thridi and Thror headphones, Kennerton also proposes to customize the Kennerton Odin mk2 / Thridi and Thror headphones by choosing the color of the leather of the headband and the pads.
Proposed leather colors:
Black (basic)
Brown
Dark Blue
Dark Green
Light Grey

Source: https://musique-o-casque.com/viewtopic.php?p=905#p905

Feb 2, 2019 at 10:47 PM Post #1,955 of 10,023
3816488E-4AE5-43B4-9A7F-A25B89335B80.jpeg

Feb 3, 2019 at 7:21 AM Post #1,957 of 10,023
Kennerton Thror versus Odin mk2: new analogy, in pictures (Note: click on the pic for the full image).

Both pics are nice to watch; one (the first image, that corresponding to the Kennerton Thror) is a little larger, airy, cleaner, sharper, less distorted and more neutral; the field (distance from the scene) larger compared to the other (the second image, that corresponding to the Kennerton Odin mk2) which is a little smaller, has less recoil (compared to the scene, closer), a little less defined, a little less neutral, a little more distorted, but also more colorful and fun.

19020301083723553816105669.jpg

19020301310523553816105694.jpg

Last edited:
Feb 5, 2019 at 10:48 PM Post #1,959 of 10,023
Thror really is a masterpiece. It is transparent, clean, speedy and engaging. I got lots of emotional shocks when I was using Thror. I found most of nowadays headphones in $3000+ market are not as musical as Thror, Yes, I'm saying you 1266 and Susvara!
In comparison, 1266 has better dynamic and punchier bass but it is not as smooth as Thror by any means, I think most of 1266 users had issue with its sudden treble peaks. As a result, 1266 is not very comfortable for long-term use for both your ears and neck. I can use Thror for over 8 hours easily, but 1266 1 hour maximum.
Susvara is more refined, and very elegant, TBH I spent a long time on deciding which to buy between sus and thror, both of them have a very accurate and comfortable bass. In mid, both are accurate as well, but thror has much more emotions, I feel much more involved into the music when I'm using thror.
I remember Andy from Cayin told me that he felt Thror have a "raw" sound but in a very good way, now I can feel what he said.
To give a more figurative impression and comparison of all $3000+ headphones I've used: Utopia is like soda, D8000 is like milk, Abyss 1266 is like alcohol, Susvara is like tea, Thror is like water. Thror is "raw" or "uncolored" but extremely natural and smooth. I can't drink soda, milk, alcohol or even tea for a entire day, but I can drink water at any time, everyday.

Feb 6, 2019 at 1:16 AM Post #1,960 of 10,023
Thror really is a masterpiece. It is transparent, clean, speedy and engaging. I got lots of emotional shocks when I was using Thror. I found most of nowadays headphones in $3000+ market are not as musical as Thror, Yes, I'm saying you 1266 and Susvara!
In comparison, 1266 has better dynamic and punchier bass but it is not as smooth as Thror by any means, I think most of 1266 users had issue with its sudden treble peaks. As a result, 1266 is not very comfortable for long-term use for both your ears and neck. I can use Thror for over 8 hours easily, but 1266 1 hour maximum.
Susvara is more refined, and very elegant, TBH I spent a long time on deciding which to buy between sus and thror, both of them have a very accurate and comfortable bass. In mid, both are accurate as well, but thror has much more emotions, I feel much more involved into the music when I'm using thror.
I remember Andy from Cayin told me that he felt Thror have a "raw" sound but in a very good way, now I can feel what he said.
To give a more figurative impression and comparison of all $3000+ headphones I've used: Utopia is like soda, D8000 is like milk, Abyss 1266 is like alcohol, Susvara is like tea, Thror is like water. Thror is "raw" or "uncolored" but extremely natural and smooth. I can't drink soda, milk, alcohol or even tea for a entire day, but I can drink water at any time, everyday.

Wow !
It's a great feedback for the Thror ! :)

The Kennerton Thror has a very good synergy with tube amps like your superb Cayin HA 300 amp and also my lovely Viva 2A3 amp, are just perfect to drive the Thror.

Finally, my analogy for image for the Thror, as described in my posts above, is probably just. :beyersmile:

Thanks.

10071945.jpg

Kennerton Thror and Cayin HA 300 amp

PS : The bass of Thror are really great; Very few Hi-Fi systems are able to reproduce the powerful bass and sub-bass of the Hans Zimmer's Concert Live in Prague with such cleanliness and legibility; especially not two 38 cm subwoofers of a home theater installation like I could read it (note: bass untidy and invasive in this concert live of Hans with these subwoofer).
By the way, the dynamic rendering of the snare drum is excellent with the Thror.

Last edited:
Feb 6, 2019 at 2:03 AM Post #1,961 of 10,023

19020301083723553816105669.jpg

Raw pic (image by analogy for the Thror :)).

PS: No risk of getting bored drinking water; The urge to drink water always comes back, otherwise we would be dead! :beyersmile:

Pure (fresh) water is the best drink in the long run, and by far.
Although a little tea, or good alcohol or milk, from time to time, for fun (and diversity), why not.:)

One last note, I owned a Stax SR-009 headphones, and also an Odin mk1 and mk2 and now a Thror; with the SR-009 I got bored in the long run listening ; never with these three Kennerton planar headphones above.

Last edited:
Feb 7, 2019 at 10:30 AM Post #1,962 of 10,023
Hi all,

There is in the link below a advocacy, from Kennerton's chief engineer, for Kennerton products.

Always interesting to read.

I love photos, especially the last one! :)

https://vk.com/@best_headphones_ever-faq

Quote Max (after translate) : " To date, our first flagship ODIN is already part of history and gives way to Thridi and Thror. They are significantly higher in class (especially Thror) and constitute two alternative branches of development. Thridi goes to the emotional melodic color of sound, while Thror is a hundred percent unbiased and accurate monitor. The difference in cost is due to the different cost of the drivers used."

(Note: original text in Russian: use google translate)

Last edited:
Feb 8, 2019 at 2:57 AM Post #1,963 of 10,023
Hello everyone,

In addition to the possible choices (coming soon) of the wood species for the Kennerton Thridi and Thror headphones, Kennerton also proposes to customize the Kennerton Odin mk2 / Thridi and Thror headphones by choosing the color of the leather of the headband and the pads.
Proposed leather colors:
Black (basic)
Brown
Dark Blue
Dark Green
Light Grey

Source: https://musique-o-casque.com/viewtopic.php?p=905#p905

Hello everyone.

For info: Price in France of the custom set (pads + headband) for the Odin, Thridi and Thror, of the leather colour of your choice : 230€

Source: https://musique-o-casque.com/viewtopic.php?p=930#p930

Feb 8, 2019 at 4:47 AM Post #1,964 of 10,023
Hi all,

Here is the picture of the youngest fan of the Kennerton brand (the daughter of a famous collector of the most beautiful wooden headphones on the market)
as well as the picture of the oldest fan of the Kennerton brand, sitting (to left in the pic) next to my friend Pierre Paya, during a test at my home (blind) in 2013 of the best amps available in France for the Stax SR-009.

19020810382723553816112676.jpg

19020810382823553816112677.jpg

19020810382623553816112675.jpg

The future is for young people, especially for this child (in picture above), and also to the young brand Kennerton who currently manufactures us, with a great art, one of the best planars headphones on the market; no less than that ! :)

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back