Kennerton ODIN, MAGISTER, VALI, Magni, Gjallarhorn, Rögnir, Thridi, Wodan, Thekk, and Thror Discussion.
Feb 10, 2019 at 6:12 AM Post #1,984 of 10,023
And, ahem, dress shoes :p

Dress shoes .... My shoes are not presentable ! :beyersmile:

But, and me (but it's completely off-topic), I'm a competitive player in the realistic tank and airplanes battles of the Russian game War Thunder, with the two players in my French-speaking team * ZQS *: pilusss and pilussss (note: player account of my eldest son and me), both ranked first, at one point, both by the score for the total average points and the score for their average position in the team (on more than 150,000 ranked players competitors, including Russian, German, English and American). A demanding hobby! :p

19021012002423553816114786.jpg

19021012002423553816114787.jpg

The Russians make very good headphones, heavy (for the first generation of the Odin), like their WW2 heavy tanks (KV1, KV2, IS1 and 2); they develop very good tanks games, and compose very beautiful music (like Rachmaninov in St Petersburg, to name but one). :)

Last edited:
Feb 10, 2019 at 7:43 AM Post #1,985 of 10,023
A person currently sells his Thror on usaudiosmart, not because he's not happy with this headphone but because he want to get the Thror special version, stabilized

Here is his description of Thror in his ad :

Kennerton Thror is the newest flagship from Kennerton, it is one of the best headphones I've ever used. I personally owned 1266, diana, d8000, lcd4 all these over $3000 msrp headphones, Thror is my favorite. I'm selling them because I'm going to purchase Thror's stabilized special edition($4000 MSRP) and keep it as my life long collection, Kennerton does not offer upgrade plan, so I have to sale them for the SE.

Here are some reasons you want to buy this headphones:
1. You want a more smooth sound, easier to drive, more comfortable headphones than Abyss-1266. Thror shares a lot signatures with 1266, both of them has the deepest bass in the league and both of them have a huge sound stage. 1266 has better dynamic, but Thror is more smooth and feels more involved into the music. Thror is just a better all-rounder. I use Thror as a replacement after I sold my 1266 due to its weight.
2. You want the TOP class transparency. Thror,1266 and Susvara are top 3 headphones in terms of transparency, it has a very clean 3D sound which is clearly a step up from HD800 and HE6.
3. You want a TOTL engaging sound, but you feel Utopia's bass is not so deep, and you also want a more smooth treble and way larger soundstage(about 3-4 times larger...).
4. Thror is the fastest headphones I've ever heard, it is perfect for most classic and progressive metal. They are also the best for these genres which I mostly listen to.
Summary of Thror's Highlights:
Comfortable to wear(480g, and have a custom lock system), Easy to drive, Top End sound.

https://www.usaudiomart.com/details...thror-newest-flagship-totl-planar-headphones/

Feb 10, 2019 at 8:02 AM Post #1,986 of 10,023
A person currently sells his Thror on usaudiosmart, not because he's not happy with this headphone but because he want to get the Thror special version, stabilized

Kennerton Thror is the newest flagship from Kennerton, it is one of the best headphones I've ever used. I personally owned 1266, diana, d8000, lcd4 all these over $3000 msrp headphones, Thror is my favorite. I'm selling them because I'm going to purchase Thror's stabilized special edition($4000 MSRP) and keep it as my life long collection, Kennerton does not offer upgrade plan, so I have to sale them for the SE.

1. You want a more smooth sound, easier to drive, more comfortable headphones than Abyss-1266. Thror shares a lot signatures with 1266, both of them has the deepest bass in the league and both of them have a huge sound stage. 1266 has better dynamic, but Thror is more smooth and feels more involved into the music. Thror is just a better all-rounder. I use Thror as a replacement after I sold my 1266 due to its weight.
2. You want the TOP class transparency. Thror,1266 and Susvara are top 3 headphones in terms of transparency, it has a very clean 3D sound which is clearly a step up from HD800 and HE6.
3. You want a TOTL engaging sound, but you feel Utopia's bass is not so deep, and you also want a more smooth treble and way larger soundstage(about 3-4 times larger...).
4. Thror is the fastest headphones I've ever heard, it is perfect for most classic and progressive metal. They are also the best for these genres which I mostly listen to.
Comfortable to wear(480g, and have a custom lock system), Easy to drive, Top End sound.

https://www.usaudiomart.com/details...thror-newest-flagship-totl-planar-headphones/

I will add in favor of the Kennerton Thror; it is not a demonstrative headphones; it takes a certain time to appreciate all its qualities, which are many; but once you have traveled this way (path) to discover this headphones, it is difficult to go back.
Currently, I listen only my Thror headphones, with the greatest pleasure (CD audio with my CD-drive, and Blu-ray movies for my Home-Cinema, with my dac Audiomat and my Viva 2A3 amp).

Feb 10, 2019 at 8:31 AM Post #1,988 of 10,023
I will try to listen the Thror in a long period when I receive this headphone ( in approximately 1-2 week ) to appreciate this in his real value :wink:

You'll have to listen to the Thror on Hans Zimmer's movie music (Interstellar for example! :wink:), and even more, with the Hans Zimmer's Live In Prague Concert Blu-ray (if possible in Dolby Atmos or True Dolby HD), with plugging the Blu-Ray player into your dac, via the optical digital audio output of the Blu-ray player (if it has one).

Feb 10, 2019 at 8:53 AM Post #1,989 of 10,023

I am the person posted that ad, I really like greenish color, that new SE looks fantastic to me. For kennerton fans who are in this thread, I’m willing to give another $100 off, waiver the fees and shipping within US, I can’t wait to buy the new SE. This is a great chance for US audiophiles to try this phenomenal headphones without a long period of waiting.

Feb 10, 2019 at 4:30 PM Post #1,990 of 10,023

I am the person posted that ad, I really like greenish color, that new SE looks fantastic to me. For kennerton fans who are in this thread, I’m willing to give another $100 off, waiver the fees and shipping within US, I can’t wait to buy the new SE. This is a great chance for US audiophiles to try this phenomenal headphones without a long period of waiting.

Hi @DrummerLeo, and Milan,

If you like to listen to percussions (drums) played very quickly with the Thror headphones, well I invite you to listen to this excerpt from the Concert Live in Prague directed by Hans Zimmer; with the Thror headphones on the ears and the Blu-Ray disc of this Concert in your blu-ray player, this is exhilarating and very enjoyable to hear ! :)

Last edited:
Feb 10, 2019 at 7:32 PM Post #1,991 of 10,023
The Kennerton's headphones seem to excel in this kind of movie music,

with the music of the Oblivion's movie, about the same style as interstellar, from the point of view of the film but also music, there are beautiful moods, everything I love :blush:

Surprisingly, the rendering is very airy with the Odin Mk2, while sometimes I find that it lacks a little. It must be the transparency of the headphones related to the recordings that must do this effect:wink:

Here is an excerpt from the album Oblivion:

It's good to test the treble of a headphone , with the Odin it's beautiful of softness, refinement, beauty:heart_eyes:

Last edited:
Feb 11, 2019 at 8:41 AM Post #1,992 of 10,023
Hi @DrummerLeo, and Milan,

If you like to listen to percussions (drums) played very quickly with the Thror headphones, well I invite you to listen to this excerpt from the Concert Live in Prague directed by Hans Zimmer; with the Thror headphones on the ears and the Blu-Ray disc of this Concert in your blu-ray player, this is exhilarating and very enjoyable to hear ! :)

Sure I will!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back