NEW JERSEY 2011 - Saturday, August 6th in East Hanover, NJ
Aug 4, 2011 at 8:14 PM Post #91 of 111
I Might be able to take some OK pics.  :wink:

Aug 4, 2011 at 8:40 PM Post #92 of 111
I know it's last minute, as always, but I should be able to make it.
I'll bring one of my 6T9 tube amps (SE and Balanced Outputs), DT880, and whatever I can dig up.

Aug 4, 2011 at 10:24 PM Post #94 of 111

Two days! 

I'm going to die. But seriously, this should be an awesome meet. By the way, buying, selling, and trading is permitted at NJ meets, and, on a personal note, I just got a newer record player. Sell me your old vinyl at the meet that you don't want!

Aug 4, 2011 at 10:39 PM Post #95 of 111
I am really looking forward to Saturday. I've never been able to get to a meet and honestly, really haven't heard any good headphone rigs at all. Nothing other than some mid tier Grados anyway. It should be a great time and my wallet is dreading me listening to what I've been missing.

Aug 4, 2011 at 10:46 PM Post #96 of 111
I appreciate all those volunteering to take photos!  I was worried that without nikongod our impression thread would be all text.  Can't have that.

Don't forget -- free bagels and coffee for the early birds.

No auction, no raffle this year, but private buying and selling is enouraged, as we have said.

This meet is all about keeping the noise level down and listening!!

How do you know what HP's to buy/trade next if you don't listen??  And surely you can't contemplate a life without buying more HPs.

I just got new beyers for my wife.  That's a trade!   (I like that joke because it is one of the few things I know that is older than me).

Aug 5, 2011 at 12:50 AM Post #97 of 111

Quote:
I Might be able to take some OK pics.  :wink:

Now that is an understatement. Lee is one of the best photographers I know. 
biggrin.gif

Aug 5, 2011 at 2:13 AM Post #98 of 111
Quote:
Don't forget -- free bagels and coffee for the early birds.

if i can make it there it won't be early and it won't be for long, but coffee and a bagel would be most welcome! 
smily_headphones1.gif

Quote:
Now that is an understatement. Lee is one of the best photographers I know. 
biggrin.gif

otoh, he's the only photographer that you know...... 
very_evil_smiley.gif

Aug 5, 2011 at 11:30 AM Post #101 of 111
Maybe a stupid question, but is this going to be in a ball room or anything similar? When I get there, where should I be directing myself? Just want to make sure I know where I am going once I arrive at the venue.

Aug 5, 2011 at 1:20 PM Post #102 of 111
[size=10pt]I’ll be attending tomorrow’s meet.  Lately I’ve been trying different DACs to find what I think sounds the best.  In that vein, I'm anxious to compare the Isbellina with some of the other DACs I’ve been listening to recently.  So the list of equipment I plan to bring is comprised of:[/size]

[size=10pt]DAC: Benchmark DAC1 USB, Berkeley Alpha DAC, Wyred 4 Sound DAC2, Cypher Labs Solo[/size]
[size=10pt]Transport: Auraliti PK100, MacBook Pro, Rega Jupiter, iPod Classic[/size]
[size=10pt]Amp: Headroom BUDA, Schiit Asgard, ALO RxII[/size]
[size=10pt]Headphone: LCD2, HD800, HD650, B&W P5[/size]

[size=10pt]Of course a large selection of Standard Rez and HiRez files[/size]

[size=10pt]Looking forward to a great time![/size]

Aug 5, 2011 at 3:08 PM Post #103 of 111
Quote:
I'm in!
I'll be bringing the Audeze Edition System: http://redwineaudio.com/components/audeze_edition

Vinnie

this looks interesting, Vinnie. :

About Audez’e Edition Amp / DAC
  1. Designed and voiced using Audez’e headphones and ALO Audio’s new 4-Pin Balanced Audez’e Cable

so if it is voiced using lcd2s, now that they've revoiced the phones, are you going to revoice the amp, or just leave things as they are? do you have the new version of the phone yet? it'd be interesting to hear the rev1 & 2 side by side (how about building an amp with two output jacks so this could be done, or so that more than one listener at a time could use the system).

Aug 5, 2011 at 9:20 PM Post #105 of 111
Ugh! I just picked up a job tomorrow. Not going to be able to make it after all.

Looks like all my gear is covered by someone else anyway.

I'm bummed not to be seeing y'all but works gotta come 1st.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back