New Jecklin Float QA !!!
Sep 24, 2012 at 10:07 AM Post #137 of 740
Got an email from Manfred today
Good news indeed (but not very  good news for my wallet)

in a few days we can deliver you the Float QA incl. power supply.
dimensions of the power supply are (WxHxD) 200 x 125 x 308mm plus sockets, weight: close to 10Kg.
Yes, in case you switch on the power supply for headphone the speaker outputs are cutt off.

Sep 24, 2012 at 11:25 AM Post #138 of 740
Congratulations and fantastic news.
Look forward to your impressions  

Quote:
Got an email from Manfred today
Good news indeed (but not very  good news for my wallet)

in a few days we can deliver you the Float QA incl. power supply.
dimensions of the power supply are (WxHxD) 200 x 125 x 308mm plus sockets, weight: close to 10Kg.
Yes, in case you switch on the power supply for headphone the speaker outputs are cutt off.

Sep 25, 2012 at 12:53 PM Post #141 of 740
Unfortunatly I have to sell the HE60s to buy the Floats. And at the moment there's also the problem of having the money
for the transformer. I wonder if I could use my SRM-323 to drive the Floats with a seperated box to create the bias of 1400 Volt
and being the adpter to the Float connctor at the same time. Or is it possible to modify the bias on the SRM-323?
Although I guess it's not possible.

Sep 25, 2012 at 11:19 PM Post #143 of 740
Quote:
Unfortunatly I have to sell the HE60s to buy the Floats. A

Sell the HE60s??? - that's sacrilege!  Jecklins MAY be good, but I seriously doubt that they'll outperform the HE60's

Sep 25, 2012 at 11:50 PM Post #144 of 740
no one really knows, until someone (a) buys the QA's, and (b) builds something that can go to 11 in order to drive them properly (not some rubbish Jecklin transformer)

Quote:

Sell the HE60s??? - that's sacrilege!  Jecklins MAY be good, but I seriously doubt that they'll outperform the HE60's

Sep 26, 2012 at 4:53 AM Post #145 of 740
Quote:

I have heard the HE60s for a while now. They are very good phones with exceptional pesentation of the accoustic space. But for
me it lacks in the deepbass region. For mixing Hiphop or Electro it's not the first choice. My 404 is far better for this. Yes the HE60 
can make classic sound unbelievably good. They are very good for any accoustic or "handmade" music. But it's not an engineering
instrument. I can't hold several very expensive headphones at the same time. Buying the HE60 left a big hole in my finances.

Sep 26, 2012 at 1:38 PM Post #148 of 740
Ho do you know the transformer is rubbish if you have never tried it?
Its certainly looks a big step up from the original in terms of size and quality.
I'm sure an amplifier would be better though!  If they turn out to be that good perhaps we could persuade Justin to add the option to the BHSE 
biggrin.gif

Quote:
no one really knows, until someone (a) buys the QA's, and (b) builds something that can go to 11 in order to drive them properly (not some rubbish Jecklin transformer)

Oct 10, 2012 at 2:20 PM Post #149 of 740
Quote:
Ho do you know the transformer is rubbish if you have never tried it?
Its certainly looks a big step up from the original in terms of size and quality.
I'm sure an amplifier would be better though!  If they turn out to be that good perhaps we could persuade Justin to add the option to the BHSE 
biggrin.gif

You can laugh, they can cry, they can defend themselves, they can also stoned me for my statement, ... : The float QA is the best headphones in the world for me.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back