New Jack Johnson? Sleep through the Static
Feb 6, 2008 at 9:34 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 18

Wil

1000+ Head-Fier
Just got my copy. Sounds great. Beautiful tunes and great sound quality as usual. Great album to chill out to.

It sounds especially delicious through the RS1.

Any Johnson fans out there?

Feb 6, 2008 at 12:38 PM Post #2 of 18
I'm a fan - I have all of his other CD's, including "Curious George". I'll be picking this one up sometime this week (no time yesterday). I read an article in Rolling Stone that discusses how the lyrics on this CD are darker & heavier than on past CD's. Do you find this to be the case?

Feb 6, 2008 at 1:49 PM Post #3 of 18
Quote:

Originally Posted by Wil /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Just got my copy. Sounds great. Beautiful tunes and great sound quality as usual. Great album to chill out to.

Yeah, good value, well recorded artist. My curious four year old put me onto him...
rolleyes.gif

Feb 6, 2008 at 2:43 PM Post #5 of 18
Quote:

Originally Posted by zombieDave /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I'm a fan - I have all of his other CD's, including "Curious George". I'll be picking this one up sometime this week (no time yesterday). I read an article in Rolling Stone that discusses how the lyrics on this CD are darker & heavier than on past CD's. Do you find this to be the case?

The mood is distinctly more sombre, yes, but i have to give it a few more spins before i can conclude if its really that much "darker"...

Feb 6, 2008 at 6:15 PM Post #6 of 18
Quote:

Originally Posted by Wil /img/forum/go_quote.gif

After seeing/hearing his performances on Bonneroo and Austion City Limits Music Festival DVD's, I'm going to be checking him out!

Warren Haynes released a live acoustic solo from Bonneroo that is also a very excellent piece of work!!!

Feb 6, 2008 at 7:07 PM Post #7 of 18
It's a great CD. The sound is great as well as it was remastered by Bernie Grundman. Highly recommended for all music fans and a must have for Jack Johnson fans.

Feb 7, 2008 at 4:20 AM Post #8 of 18
i feel all of his previous albums have rather poor sound quality, very bass heavy. I really hope this one is better cause i love his music.

Feb 7, 2008 at 6:31 AM Post #10 of 18
For a long time I was really into Jack Johnson but I forgot to go pick up the album yesterday. That pretty much indicates how my enthusiasm has changed regarding him. I'll probably pick it up tomorrow.

Just an FYI for JJ fans who like vinyl. Skip the JJ vinyls. The pressings suck and they're cut from digital anyways.

Feb 7, 2008 at 6:10 PM Post #12 of 18
Quote:

Originally Posted by derekbmn /img/forum/go_quote.gif
NO KIDDING ! Brushfire Fairytails is absolutely horrid !! Pretty much unlistenable .

x3. In this rare occasion, digital wins.

Feb 7, 2008 at 9:23 PM Post #13 of 18
I picked it up on Tuesday, and even though I haven't given it too many listens so far, I like it. I think my favourite song may be "Same Girl"

Feb 29, 2008 at 10:37 PM Post #14 of 18
Well, I finally picked this up. I'm glad to say that it has somewhat renewed my enthusiasm for Jack. It probably won't take very long for me to wear this one out, though. I like the change in mood that this album has shown. The only song I'm not crazy about is "If I Had Eyes" the big radio single. The lyrics are just too damn goofy.

One major bonus of this album is that the girly likes it. I don't have to listen to crap I hate ALL of the time
biggrin.gif

Feb 29, 2008 at 11:42 PM Post #15 of 18
Quote:

Originally Posted by Ingo /img/forum/go_quote.gif
One major bonus of this album is that the girly likes it. I don't have to listen to crap I hate ALL of the time
biggrin.gif

AMEN, same here!
biggrin.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back