New iPods is coming
Sep 2, 2008 at 5:32 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 206

tonyep

Previously known as Darkkopi
The new iPods will come on September 9, as expected. It will be announced at the Yerba Buena Center for the Arts Theater in San Francisco at 10:00 a.m.

So let's spectaculate how the new iPods are going to be like and what we, Head-fiers wants on the new iPods!

Sep 2, 2008 at 5:39 PM Post #2 of 206
better SQ from the headphones out and FM tunning.

Sep 2, 2008 at 5:58 PM Post #4 of 206
New ipod is always coming.
smily_headphones1.gif

I hope they have customizable EQ this time.

Sep 2, 2008 at 7:17 PM Post #8 of 206
Lower prices to keep the iPhone from cannibalizing the line. Higher capacities, too. Those are a given.

Possibly touchscreens and WiFi across the line or a big part of it. I think Apple would like to put OS X into as many hands as possible. Not to mention selling more apps through iTunes. If most of the iPod line had Touch-like features and apps, that would destroy most of the competition and secure Apple's mobile platform.

Sep 2, 2008 at 7:21 PM Post #9 of 206
Quote:

Originally Posted by Uncle Erik /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Lower prices to keep the iPhone from cannibalizing the line. Higher capacities, too. Those are a given.

Possibly touchscreens and WiFi across the line or a big part of it. I think Apple would like to put OS X into as many hands as possible. Not to mention selling more apps through iTunes. If most of the iPod line had Touch-like features and apps, that would destroy most of the competition and secure Apple's mobile platform.

X2 and the Ipod Touch receiving physical buttons for playback or at the very least volume.

Sep 2, 2008 at 7:24 PM Post #10 of 206
a mini iPod touch would be awesome. they'll sell like hotcakes this x'mas. honestly, i think they can get rid of the entire iPod clickwheel line... i know it's a little drastic, but i see the touch function as the new way to navigate music on portable devices, and part of apple's plan to make everything touch-based: iPod, laptop, desktop monitors...

then again, maybe not this year, so yeah, higher capacities on those spinning hard drives!

Sep 2, 2008 at 7:41 PM Post #11 of 206
If the new Nano looks like the mockups I will be happy. I would like to see a new iPhone Nano of similar dimensions but it doesn't look like that will happen until Macworld in January at the earliest.

I am curious to see what they are planning to do with Apple TV but it looks like just the Mac Mini is due for revisions in the next while.

Sep 2, 2008 at 7:54 PM Post #12 of 206
Quote:

Originally Posted by aluren /img/forum/go_quote.gif
a mini iPod touch would be awesome. they'll sell like hotcakes this x'mas. honestly, i think they can get rid of the entire iPod clickwheel line... i know it's a little drastic, but i see the touch function as the new way to navigate music on portable devices, and part of apple's plan to make everything touch-based: iPod, laptop, desktop monitors...

I hope they never make that move. I think ipod click wheel line is distinctive enough to keep it's own line. Tactile feedback of click wheel makes it very convenient to operate it under the shirts, pants, bags, or etc.. If I have to take the ipod out every single time just to change volume or skip to next song I'm forever ditching apple for making that move.

Sep 2, 2008 at 8:08 PM Post #14 of 206
Quote:

Originally Posted by LFC_SL /img/forum/go_quote.gif
64gb flash

I have been told if you do not dream then you are never disappointed, but I just cannot help it

And for this you're willing to pay... how much?

Sep 2, 2008 at 8:23 PM Post #15 of 206
I'd think 32 GB of flash would be more likely right now.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back