New iPod Family!
Sep 9, 2010 at 4:37 PM Post #364 of 451
Sep 9, 2010 at 4:52 PM Post #365 of 451

Quote:
Ouch. That's a pretty honest (and damning) review on the new Touch. I'm still contemplating buying one but I can't say I'm pleased with how much Apple has skimped on in order to boost their profits on the new Touch. I'm not pleased at all.

well, for the price, what can you expect (actually, quite a high price IMO) so perhaps we should have expected more

Sep 9, 2010 at 7:29 PM Post #367 of 451

Quote:
+1
I will stick to my Classic + LOD + iBasso till solid state memory surpasses the current Classic 160 gb mark. To me it's all about the music. The more available the better (and less time spent on syncing)

I hate syncing I want all my library with me. Music firstly, then photos and movies after if there's room!

Sep 9, 2010 at 9:33 PM Post #368 of 451
Compared both my Zune 8 and new Touch. The Zune is slightly darker and rougher. The Touch is brighter, but smoother. Both sound very good and the differences were very small. I have no qualms with the iPod Touch in regard to sound quality.

I tested with various genres in Lame V0 with PortaPros.

Really having a good time with this unit. Overall I'm very happy with my purchase.

Sep 9, 2010 at 11:49 PM Post #369 of 451
Any of the new iPods demonstrating improved sound quality over what's come before?

I have a classic and use an outboard headroom amp and keep hoping that at some point an iPod will be released that clearly improves line-level analog output sound quality or (ghasp, can I dream) digital-out to use with an headroom outboard DAC/amp.

anyone given any of these new products a critical listen with music and decent headphones? As long as it's compact enough to hold while jogging I'm good.

Sep 10, 2010 at 12:33 AM Post #370 of 451

Quote:
Ouch. That's a pretty honest (and damning) review on the new Touch. I'm still contemplating buying one but I can't say I'm pleased with how much Apple has skimped on in order to boost their profits on the new Touch. I'm not pleased at all.

Is it skimping, or is it limitations due to the size of the device.  It's much slimmer, and much cheaper than an iPhone 4.  Clearly it is not going to have all the same features.  I don't know why anyone would expect it to. 

Sep 10, 2010 at 1:34 AM Post #371 of 451

Quote:
Is it skimping, or is it limitations due to the size of the device.  It's much slimmer, and much cheaper than an iPhone 4.  Clearly it is not going to have all the same features.  I don't know why anyone would expect it to. 

Because up till now every touch has been basically an iPhone w/o call ability.  Largely this gen breaks w/ that mold because the outer ring of the iPhone is the antennae which you don't need on an iTouch.  Or an iPhone apparently.  
tongue.gif

Sep 10, 2010 at 1:43 AM Post #372 of 451

Quote:
Because up till now every touch has been basically an iPhone w/o call ability.  Largely this gen breaks w/ that mold because the outer ring of the iPhone is the antennae which you don't need on an iTouch.  Or an iPhone apparently.  
tongue.gif

I'm not sure what you're saying, but I'm guessing you're saying that since the antennae is on the outside of the phone, the whole interior is dedicated to features like the 5mp camera, etc, which just can't fit into a touch? 

Sep 10, 2010 at 1:44 AM Post #373 of 451
Not to  be rude but... HOW DOES IT SOUND?

Sep 10, 2010 at 5:01 AM Post #375 of 451

Quote:
I'm not sure what you're saying, but I'm guessing you're saying that since the antennae is on the outside of the phone, the whole interior is dedicated to features like the 5mp camera, etc, which just can't fit into a touch? 

Not really, its late so I'm not sure what you mean.  But there is no reason to undertake the expense of following the form factor of the iPhone4 when that form has a function which is to make phone calls.  It's cheaper to throw a craptastic chrome fingerprint magnet on an iTouch than it is a glass backing wrapped in a metal ringed antennae.  Your original point, counterpoint rather, was about costs and skimping on the iTouch right?  The point being up until this generation every iTouch has basically been an iPhone w/o phone ability and more available storage.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back