NEW information on JH-3a
Oct 18, 2011 at 7:16 PM Post #2,162 of 2,176

Quote:
==========================================================================================================

Update from JHA RE: the content of this post and the preorder batch of amps.  All of the prep we had done building all of the earpieces for the 2.0 amp have to be cut open and reworked. This is time consuming and we will be completing the work as quickly as possible.  We have completed the composer file and waiting for the binary file to be emailed to us to write the 1st chips.

So now it's called 2.0 amp?  JH-3a v2??

Gotta love the waiting game, still no firm commitment on shipping other than "quickly as possible" ... [sigh]

Oct 18, 2011 at 9:42 PM Post #2,163 of 2,176

Quote:
i may have missed this, but does anyone know if standalone JH16 can now be used with the new v2 JH3A? Will JH support buying the JH3A standalone to existing JH16 owners?   

the 16s that are not purchased with the 3a do not have the correct earpiece connectors and do not have the 3a amp connector so no.

The 16s purchased with the 3a can be used with different amps

Oct 18, 2011 at 9:58 PM Post #2,164 of 2,176
 JHA now has 100 amps ready to go as soon as Tuesday.  ==========================================================================================================

Update from JHA RE: the content of this post and the preorder batch of amps.  All of the prep we had done building all of the earpieces for the 2.0 amp have to be cut open and reworked. This is time consuming and we will be completing the work as quickly as possible.  We have completed the composer file and waiting for the binary file to be emailed to us to write the 1st chips.

Not so according to my friend who has one of these on order. He phoned JH today to ask if his amp is among the first one hundred to ship today.

Jamies response was that they were still awaiting the amps!

How long is this to be allowed here, how long?

Yet again they are lying, they say they have a hundred amps ready to go as soon as today and yet they have none!

Oct 19, 2011 at 3:01 AM Post #2,167 of 2,176
They made a good showing at RMAF, so let's give them the benefit of the doubt on this one. Maybe a miscommunication? They seriously do need to give everyone accurate info though -- asap -- because the recent positive impressions wipe away the bad taste of past drama only for so long ....... I don't know how many more delays they (or customers) can withstand. 

Oct 19, 2011 at 8:59 AM Post #2,169 of 2,176

Quote:
Not so according to my friend who has one of these on order. He phoned JH today to ask if his amp is among the first one hundred to ship today.
Jamies response was that they were still awaiting the amps!
How long is this to be allowed here, how long?
Yet again they are lying, they say they have a hundred amps ready to go as soon as today and yet they have none!

According to Jerry's email yesterday, they have 40 amps already there ready to go with the rest of the initial batch of 100 scheduled to arrive shortly from the factory.  I have never stated that all 100 will ship out at once, that is impossible, since each and every one of them will require careful tuning and testing to each individual pair of earpieces by complex instruments.  I would imagine they will be able to start with about a half a dozen to 10 amps per week, at least in the initial phase.  That's just the nature of the beast.  By the time the 40 ships out, the rest will arrive and if all goes well, within two months or so--and I have no clue of the size of the existing number of preorders--the backlog will have been eliminated.  

For the other question about the use of conventional JH16 Pros, please read my other post explaining this in detail.  The 3A amps will not be sold separately, unlike other conventional ones like the Pico Slim, RSA Shadow, etc.  This is not possible because it's an integrated system.  If you'd like to order a JH-3A that works with your existing JH16 Pros, my suggestion is to wait until the backlog is cleared, then place your upgrade order and send in your shells for modification and tuning.  They will charge you for the upgrade price plus whatever the cost of the adapter will be, so when you get it back, you can still use the modified shells with your other devices without the JH-3A.

Hope this helps.

Oct 19, 2011 at 11:18 AM Post #2,170 of 2,176
Warp, read what you wrote..

"JHA now has 100 amps ready to go as soon as Tuesday."

Where is the ambiguity in that statement? to me it reads as a definite that JHA have the amps ready to ship as soon as tuesday. To me that is a statement that they have the amps and that they will ship at the very latest by Tuesday. I don't understand how you can say you did not state that??

Ready according to Merrian Websters definition is prepared for immediate use! Your email from Jerry contradicts what Jamie said the same day, that they are awaiting shipment of the amps! You would have thought they would have learned their lesson by now but they have not.

And yet it seems to matter not one hoot, they can lie and lie and lie and all is fine! As for giving them the benefit of the doubt, they have had a year of that, where is a line drawn in the sand??

Oct 19, 2011 at 11:51 AM Post #2,171 of 2,176
Well I think I answered my own question with regard to the analog input vs. the digital input. I forgot about the limitation on an ipod for the kinds of files you can pull out of it over a digital connection. It has just been so long that I forgot some of the underlying issues for source material.

Hopefully there will be devices that allow 24/96 out since I think the JH-3A will take 24/96 in. I think folks have mentioned one or two that are out and/or coming. 

Oct 19, 2011 at 12:35 PM Post #2,172 of 2,176
great, thanks jp and warp for the clarification.  i'm just happy we'll be able to plug in the 16s standalone.  makes the 6 hour charge limitation on the 3a not as critical of a problem.  It still sucks but at least i'll have a workaround.

Oct 19, 2011 at 1:34 PM Post #2,173 of 2,176
Just spoke to Jerry re 3a 2.0- which any of the paying customers can do. He replied instantly.

"I am tweaking 2 more EQ filters in the high driver and and the transition from low to mid shape. This file should be back to me tomorrow. That being said a long as the file is correct we will be shipping the 1st round Friday or Monday.

I am not sure of where you are in the line but I am trying to get all amps to customers in 2 weeks from the 1st shipment."

Oct 19, 2011 at 5:18 PM Post #2,174 of 2,176
I do apologize to anyone on the board for that question I asked and eventually answered for myself about the analog vs digital inputs on the JH-3A. Did not mean to add to the confusion or consternation. As I said in my other post over the length of time I had just forgotten some of the source issues and needed to get myself up to speed again. 

Sorry if I caused any additional angst for anybody.

Oct 19, 2011 at 6:13 PM Post #2,175 of 2,176

Quote:

I thought I'm helping by sharing what I've learned the best way I know how so the man doesn't have spend his time repeating the same information to dozens of customers and instead focus on his work to get it done sooner.  But have it your way, I'm done. 

@Warp, your technical posts are great. But you feel inclined to speak on behalf of JHA re: customer service delivery issues. If Jerry doesn't want to repeat information a dozen times, he should come out of his cave and make public, HONEST public, statements and estimates. If you are speaking for him, then one has to wonder on the veracity of your reporting.

@Onecolorist: Exactly. "New Information on JH-3A". I could only WISH that we had new information on JH-3A - honest, clear, and steady new information on JH-3A and its development and release dates. Go blame the source, i.e., JHA,  on why we are not getting that information, and/or why we need to rely on information from users like Warp.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back