NEW information on JH-3a
May 31, 2011 at 4:15 PM Post #481 of 2,176
LOL I'll be the first to say I don't think they'll have them all shipped by EOD, unfortunately.

May 31, 2011 at 4:26 PM Post #482 of 2,176
I feel like I am being an emissary.  : )

I was just asked to send in my IEMs.  I ordered in February.  I think I am going to wait a week or two.

Please enjoy the tune while you wait.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z79pgPn357g

May 31, 2011 at 8:02 PM Post #485 of 2,176
Sorry for missing the "can the JH3A/16 be made to sound like the JH3A/13" question.  It has been verified by Jerry that any of the JH3A/16s at Bass Boost "0" setting will approximate the 13As bass signature.   Remember, this is easily tuned via the DSP flash programming tool and all the amps shipping out--sorry I have no details--will be tuned accordingly.  So the answer is "yes" it will, but the reverse isn't true.  The 16As will always be able to provide a bigger bass kick or visceral impact due to the quad-driver configuration than their 13A counterparts.  So, if your hearing preferences are averse to that or the genres you listen to do not benefit from this capability, by all means you should stick to the 13A version, IMHO.  Examples of this would be new age, vocal, folk/acoustic guitar genre fans, perhaps classical.  But any rhythm-centric genres, including jazz save for the softest variety could be better served by the added kick of the 16A shell configuration, especially with high-quality live recordings with minimal or no post-recording studio-work.

Because I absolutely screwed up my shell color selection, I will be sending the unit back anyway today to be reshelled including the amp (you can't do it otherwise unlike the conventional models).   The turnaround time should only be a few days and hopefully the stars will align, and the maybe the TWag replacement cables may also start shipping next week (I hope).

I have also ordered an M2Tech HiFace RCA SPDIF converter, just to hold me over until the Diverter arrives so that I can test high-res music on it, which I haven't been able to do yet.

So, I'll be back in waiting mode with the rest of you at least for the rest of the week if not more, but I want this thing to look exactly right every time I look at it.  Afterall, I had waited long enough, what's another week to achieve both aural and visual satisfaction with my investment?

Just in case anyone cares, the new shell specs will be the following:

May 31, 2011 at 8:38 PM Post #486 of 2,176
So the only person who has a 3A is sending it back? :confused_face:

Ironic.

May 31, 2011 at 9:39 PM Post #487 of 2,176
well folks, I'm gonna go ahead and complain some more, so anyone who doesnt want to hear it might as well stop right here..

no announcements yet? really JH??  reeeeeally?!?!  I think the only way these people would get a clue as to how poorly they are communicating is ...well frankly i dont know.  they make their grand "the amps have arrived" announcement, alluding to orders shipping out, while clearly evading the most asked question of "how many do you have"  and for all practical purposes, we have a wopping 1...ONE! person who received a shipping notice and shipment.  They promised photos and didnt deliver, and instead basically said, well send us yours, and we'll use those since we clearly cant be bothered. Now they just go silent, as if they are oblivious to all the people now waiting on pins and needles that they tricked into thinking their amps were shipping any day now....again!

i guess jh has given up on announcements or posts both in the photo department and the update department, they just figure eventually we will get so irate that we will call to complain, and then they can pass on their messages, as vaguely as possible, for someone else to deliver for them.    well i suppose judging by our latest "its gonna be another month" information, we can probably guess that some major cataclysm has unfolded that they wont dare tell us about, and we can hunker down for another 6 months of waiting, in which they may make one announcement 5 months from now saying.. the amps are on the way, we hope to ship in a week.  wouldnt surprise me one bit.  just to be clear this is just me grumbling and i certainly dont have any inside info.. just basing my guess on their past performance. 

this is by far the worst customer service i have ever encountered.    i dont care how good this thing sounds... any time i post about my awesome sounding 3A unit, its going to end with a disclaimer...

well i've run out of steam...

May 31, 2011 at 10:22 PM Post #488 of 2,176
@Br777

I had emailed Brittany on May 25th about the next shipment. This was the response:

Hello Bret,
We are receiving all the amps in this shipment and the amps will be shipping in
order in a very expedited timeline.
Thank you,
Brittany

I replied back to ask when the shipment was expected and she told me after the holiday. So, that could be today or next year :). I hope this week.

May 31, 2011 at 10:31 PM Post #489 of 2,176
You've got some pretty serious, to the streets attitude there, Br777. I'm glad you posted, though, because I won't argue a single point you've made there. I want so honestly to love this company -- Jerry seems like a great person -- but their customer-facing people are simply clueless. They're not listening, and if they were, they certainly don't care much. They have lost some serious goodwill with how they've handled this thing since the demo. I guess they figure they have a premier name for themselves now and it won't make much difference in their bottom line or something...

Yes, they've had me thinking I'd have an amp shipped "in a week or two" for the past what -- 6 months?

I'm sure they're real busy and going to weddings and stuff, but the fact is that their style has been pretty clear the whole entire time.

Edit: "after the holiday" is her idea of clarification. LOL ... they're masters, I tell you!

May 31, 2011 at 11:33 PM Post #490 of 2,176
I have a randie question :D Is it OK if I can wobble the earpiece around (while still having the seal)? I asked for a test shell so my fit will be perfect when I receive the set up, and when I tried on the empty shells, they wobbled around in my ear, though the seal was good (on one ear, and had to get new impressions done for the other piece) :frowning2:

I feel sorry for you guys waiting so long for this. I've only ordered two months ago and I'm like, almost out of patience haha. Or maybe I'm just an impatient person :| Or maybe because I need that $2000 for my bike...

Jun 1, 2011 at 4:29 AM Post #491 of 2,176
It's easy to be patient when you can throw on some SNSD and forget about your troubles.

ps. Seohyun is the best! Taeyeon a close second.

Jun 1, 2011 at 4:20 PM Post #492 of 2,176
My inpression of the tone of this e-mail from JH Audio is curt. 

Is it possible that many people who have ordered the jh-3a do not belong to the head-fi community and are receiving communication from JH Audio directly?

It seems Brittany is now put off by some in the head-fi community and as a result, is eliminating most commucation with head-fi'ers.

What adds to my feeling is that Warp08 was e-mailed directly, without his prompting, where others who email or call get the short, terse answers back.
Quote:
@Br777

I had emailed Brittany on May 25th about the next shipment. This was the response:

Hello Bret,
We are receiving all the amps in this shipment and the amps will be shipping in
order in a very expedited timeline.
Thank you,
Brittany

I replied back to ask when the shipment was expected and she told me after the holiday. So, that could be today or next year :). I hope this week.

Jun 1, 2011 at 6:36 PM Post #493 of 2,176
Despite my fondness for the JH13 demos, my desire to purchase the JH3A--or even the JH13 customs, for that matter--has waned greatly since seeing the lack of transparency and miserable customer service demonstrated by JHA.

Jun 1, 2011 at 8:05 PM Post #494 of 2,176

Quote:
It's easy to be patient when you can throw on some SNSD and forget about your troubles.

ps. Seohyun is the best! Taeyeon a close second.

naaaah Taeyeon FTW. good set of lungs on that gal. LOL. even if not, kpop girlgroups are def eye candy LOL

questions how'd they sound on a set of JHA3s? hah

Jun 1, 2011 at 8:50 PM Post #495 of 2,176

Quote:

What adds to my feeling is that Warp08 was e-mailed directly, without his prompting, where others who email or call get the short, terse answers back.

My Mom always told me I was special, LOL.  Seriously, it must have been the fact that I pulled the trigger before anyone else, so I was the first JH-3A customer, so I was first on the list.  Met the JHA crew including Jerry a few days after that at Can Jam 2010 along with a few hundred other Head-Fiers who attended the event, and quite a few of them ordering the device after auditioning the prototype, which was nowhere near as good an experience as the finished product.

They got my unit back today, hopefully it won't take them long to rework my shells even with both Zac and Jaime being out on their honeymoon.  Which could very well account for the lack of recent updates.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back