NEW information on JH-3a
Jun 1, 2011 at 9:01 PM Post #496 of 2,176
Maybe I'm a low-maintenance customer service guy and/or I have low customer service standards and expectations, but I have not received anything like the treatment some of you have on here.  Every email I have sent to JH Audio and every call made or message I have left has received a quick response.  And, yes those responses are sometimes vague and non-committal.  I guess that's the nature of the R&D brute.  I have always approached my dealings with everyone in the JH Audio office from the perspective that the whole situation, delays and all, must be a royal pain and disappointment.  That kind of empathy along with cordial and civil emails has always garnered a response.

Despite the vagueness of much of what you're hearing from JH Audio, they also, as one member said, may well be tired of all the strident pissing an moaning on here.   I don't blame them.  I am too.  Small company, a tricky piece of audio technology R&D with potentially high pay off, all kinds of unexpected "diversions" along with a standard to get the system just right, is not an easy place to be in and with the knowledge that too many promises unfulfilled will be worse than saying, "We're working on it.  Please be patient."

I, for one, am a happy JH Audio customer, been treated promptly and to my satisfaction and don't care when the JH-3A and 16s get to me.

Jun 1, 2011 at 11:06 PM Post #497 of 2,176
Both sides have valid points. I'm just glad my time frame to buy a top of the line IEM is October of this year, not when these were originally 'released'. If I had pre-ordered when Warp did I probably would have lost my cool months ago.

Warp, I'm not sure how many IEMs you've listened to, but would you say the 16s with the 3A have the most 3D presentation you've heard from an IEM? This is my most important criteria, at present.

Jun 2, 2011 at 9:25 AM Post #500 of 2,176

Quote:
Both sides have valid points. I'm just glad my time frame to buy a top of the line IEM is October of this year, not when these were originally 'released'. If I had pre-ordered when Warp did I probably would have lost my cool months ago.

Warp, I'm not sure how many IEMs you've listened to, but would you say the 16s with the 3A have the most 3D presentation you've heard from an IEM? This is my most important criteria, at present.

I have owned about 12 different universals including the UETF10pros, Westone 3, Shure SE-430, and others before I had enough and jumped into the JH-16s when they were announced.  My jaw dropped the first time I heard them, literally.  In fact I was so much astounded that I placed an order for a pair of JH13s because there was a vicious debate at the time which one was "better."  I have reviewed them to the best of my ability and helped a few people make more informed decisions, which is what this forum used to be about.

With my limited time spent evaluating the JH3A/16 combo, I can honestly say that the soundstage improvement was one of the most significant improvements the active DSP architecture affords.  If you go to the JH-3A product page on the JHA website, they list that as one of the key improvements.  It's true.  The rest I could not evaluate as much with the amp being only partially burnt in and only the stock cable at my disposal without the ability to use the Coax input at all with high-res material.

Jun 2, 2011 at 9:27 AM Post #501 of 2,176

Quote:
Hey Warp08 did you have the JH3A long enough to evaluate battery life?

It was rarely unplugged because I could only use the USB input source most of the time, which is also how you charge the device.  I've listened only a few minutes off-grid thru analog in from the WhipMOD.  So, I have no clue yet, sorry.  I was put off by those shells I wanted them fixed ASAP so I sent it back as soon as I could.

Jun 2, 2011 at 11:08 AM Post #502 of 2,176

Quote:
Warp08 is my hero, he articulates his ideas well. 

Since that post has been deleted presumably by a mod, obviously I'm not everyone's hero, not that I had any aspirations for greatness.  All I wanted was to share my experience and whatever little knowledge I've gained for what it's worth.  This will be my last post in this thread.  In a few weeks, once I get all my cables, equipment, I will post a review of the JH-3A system in a separate thread.  By that time, numerous other owners should have received their own systems and there will be plenty of other impressions.

Here is a message I just received--again, unsolicited--by Brittany.  I asked her to ship the system back today and forget about the JH3A stamp.  Note, she said "amps..."  

Laszlo,
Just received the amps and it sounds amazing Just like it should.
We are changing out your earphones and making you new ones in the color scheme that you asked for below.
As for the artwork,
We can do the flying girl but I do not have the ability to do the JH3A on the phones at this time.
We would need Zac to create the file and he will not be here until Monday. We can get this out to you today (minus the JH#A stamp)...is that what you would like me to do?
Brittany 

Jun 2, 2011 at 12:40 PM Post #503 of 2,176
Warp, not sure why I bother, but I believe Head-Fi forbids making comments that reference a deleted post under any circumstances. Mods must never be questioned. Currawong please correct me if I'm wrong? 

Jun 2, 2011 at 12:53 PM Post #504 of 2,176

Quote:

Quote:

Since that post has been deleted presumably by a mod, obviously I'm not everyone's hero, not that I had any aspirations for greatness.  All I wanted was to share my experience and whatever little knowledge I've gained for what it's worth.  This will be my last post in this thread.  In a few weeks, once I get all my cables, equipment, I will post a review of the JH-3A system in a separate thread.  By that time, numerous other owners should have received their own systems and there will be plenty of other impressions.

Quote:
Warp, not sure why I bother, but I believe Head-Fi forbids making comments that reference a deleted post under any circumstances. Mods must never be questioned. Currawong please correct me if I'm wrong? 

I think you guys are both off...I dont see any deleated post....crazy intewebs acting up, delaying the JH3A most likely... 

Jun 2, 2011 at 1:00 PM Post #506 of 2,176
from the facecatalogue:

JH Audio
Guess what everyone? We just received another box of amps and they sound great.
Shipping continues today
.      about an hour ago · Like · CommentMike Devlin and Louis Alexander like this.

Chad De Silva Will this batch be enough to fulfill all pre-orders? Thanks!
about an hour agO

Mike Devlin Any detailed pictures.... Please....
about an hour ago

Tutu Insides How many amps do you have now?

well this certainly sounds promising.. i suppose ill be calling them asking if i'm in this shipment.  dont know why they dont seem to want to tell us how many amps they got or take photos...  hopefully its more than 1 this time.

Jun 2, 2011 at 1:15 PM Post #507 of 2,176
i just spoke with brittany.  Though i did not feel she was intentionally being unclear, it took me a few tries to get what i felt was an answer that i could be sure to relay accurately.  She was very nice btw.

that said:

she told me they have enough amps in house to fulfill all the preorders and then some.
She said it is going to take some time b/c they have to balance all their other work as well.
I am #33 and she said probably mine will go out not this week but next week

and might I ad.

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOH!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back