NEW information on JH-3a
Aug 26, 2011 at 7:38 AM Post #1,757 of 2,176
GG that bugs me too I wish you all had them in your hands. I had a bit of a taste of it when the first three when out I was number four and waited weeks for the second shipment. This pales to the delay for the final batch.

Aug 27, 2011 at 9:55 AM Post #1,758 of 2,176
Why has jh audio had the jh3a combo up for sale on the website saying its available will ship in 4-6 weeks when its pretty clear they aren't sure when?  The website acts like everything is fine no problems. That's kinda dishonest like tricking unsuspecting people into buying something that's not even designed totally yet.

Aug 27, 2011 at 10:59 AM Post #1,759 of 2,176

Quote:
Why has jh audio had the jh3a combo up for sale on the website saying its available will ship in 4-6 weeks when its pretty clear they aren't sure when?  The website acts like everything is fine no problems. That's kinda dishonest like tricking unsuspecting people into buying something that's not even designed totally yet.

its been like that, with the old photo no less, since they shipped the very first unit.

Aug 27, 2011 at 11:13 AM Post #1,760 of 2,176
and don't you see something very wrong about that. They are straight up lying on thier website to trick people into ordering. But i guess thats ok since its jh audio they are allowed to do whatever they want and people will still defend them. Tricking people with false statements on your website is wrong no matter how you look at it.

Aug 27, 2011 at 10:03 PM Post #1,761 of 2,176
If a customer orders based on the website's delivery details (4-6 weeks), I thought he 'technically' enters a contract with the company for the jh3a product....which would mean that the delivery dates are a clear misrepresentation on JHA's website. This could be sued am I correct? I'm not sure how the law system functions, but under the common law this should be valid.

Aug 28, 2011 at 11:19 AM Post #1,762 of 2,176
I would have chosen the HM-801 for the same reason but the advantage of the Colorfly is that it can be connected to the JH3A through coaxial. If what people in this thread is true, coaxial is way better than USB, which I think would weigh down any advantage the HM may have over Colorfly. Why else would anyone choose to spend $600 on the Algorythm Solo...

Quote:
I considered the Hm-801 and have no doubts about it's great sound or value -- still not sure about the Colorfly, haven't heard the same level of praise and no chance to audition it yet. But the big issue with those devices IMHO is that the rig just kinda loses it's portability when you have the already huge 801 paired with the 3A -- and you can't exactly clamp them all together like you do with the iPod and CLAS. I guess it's a small price to pay for amazing sound, and I look forward to impressions, but my iPod/CLAS/Mk2 "brick" is already bulky enough and will only get bigger with the 3A.

Anymore than that, and it just starts to get ridiculous. I'd almost rather just bring a Macair along and connect the 3A directly that way. In fact, I would probably already have that in my computer bag anyway, so it's not creating any extra bulk for me. But to each his own, maybe that will change once Warp posts his 801 + 3A impressions. Also, I'm curious about the Hifi's new balance amp module :)

Aug 28, 2011 at 4:06 PM Post #1,763 of 2,176
If a customer orders based on the website's delivery details (4-6 weeks), I thought he 'technically' enters a contract with the company for the jh3a product....which would mean that the delivery dates are a clear misrepresentation on JHA's website. This could be sued am I correct? I'm not sure how the law system functions, but under the common law this should be valid.

No.

Aug 28, 2011 at 4:08 PM Post #1,764 of 2,176
can't sue them but it's mighty shady to knowingly misrepresent product information on your website with the goal of getting people to order something they have no idea when will be done.

Aug 28, 2011 at 10:32 PM Post #1,765 of 2,176
I feel for Brittany and the gang, each day somebody from their team must read this thread and see all this talk of ... lawsuits, refunds, deception, etc. 

I know it's easy for me to be calm, since I haven't been waiting over a year, but let's remember that they are good people who care about their customers and this community.

Yes, this experience certainly exposed some of their weaknesses -- I think even they would admit that -- but they are still good people, with good intentions IMHO. 

Aug 29, 2011 at 7:09 AM Post #1,766 of 2,176
I feel for Brittany and the gang, each day somebody from their team must read this thread and see all this talk of ... lawsuits, refunds, deception, etc. 

I know it's easy for me to be calm, since I haven't been waiting over a year, but let's remember that they are good people who care about their customers and this community.

Yes, this experience certainly exposed some of their weaknesses -- I think even they would admit that -- but they are still good people, with good intentions IMHO. 

Sounds like me from a while back. :)

Aug 29, 2011 at 8:06 AM Post #1,768 of 2,176
i don't "feel" for a company that lies and tricks people into thinking its 4-6 weeks to receive a product when really its months ,years even. Nope I don't feel bad for them one bit. They deserve very bad karma for the deception they are pulling off. I feel bad for the people that clicked buy now when they say the ship time was 4-6 weeks and that sat around for months wondering whats going on. That's who i "feel" for. The people that don't visit this site and don't even know what to think of all the lies they've been told after spending 1800+.

What the site should say is Shipping delayed indefinitely, pre orders will be taken but there is no set shipment date yet.

Instead it says SHIPPING NOW!  New orders ship in 4-6 Weeks,   and it has said that same thing for months and months. It sickens me to death that a company can straight up lie on their website and what sickens me even more is a lot of the jha customers on this site act like they have no problem that jha has been lying to customers right on their website for many months. How can you back up and support a company that blatantly lies and deceives it's customers?

Aug 29, 2011 at 8:23 AM Post #1,769 of 2,176

Quote:
i don't "feel" for a company that lies and tricks people into thinking its 4-6 weeks to receive a product when really its months ,years even. Nope I don't feel bad for them one bit. They deserve very bad karma for the deception they are pulling off. I feel bad for the people that clicked buy now when they say the ship time was 4-6 weeks and that sat around for months wondering whats going on. That's who i "feel" for. The people that don't visit this site and don't even know what to think of all the lies they've been told after spending 1800+.

What the site should say is Shipping delayed indefinitely, pre orders will be taken but there is no set shipment date yet.

Instead it says SHIPPING NOW!  New orders ship in 4-6 Weeks,   and it has said that same thing for months and months. It sickens me to death that a company can straight up lie on their website and what sickens me even more is a lot of the jha customers on this site act like they have no problem that jha has been lying to customers right on their website for many months. How can you back up and support a company that blatantly lies and deceives it's customers?

I hear ya, I do, and many others most likely do as well, but since we do come to this site, we do know what's going on, and we do research, instead of going to a website and clicking "buy now" and ask questions later; we ask the same questions for hours on end round and round before spending close to 2K on a product, just imo

Aug 29, 2011 at 8:49 AM Post #1,770 of 2,176
Quote:
I hear ya, I do, and many others most likely do as well, but since we do come to this site, we do know what's going on [...]

That in no way negates Jerry Harvey Audios responsibility to (clearly) inform their customers (i.e. updating their website) of any underlying issues. Customers should never have to rely on other customers to be informed.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back