New info: Musical Paradise MP-301 MK2
Mar 21, 2011 at 11:27 AM Post #76 of 475
Did he demo with speakers too?

Mar 21, 2011 at 11:36 AM Post #77 of 475
No, the venue wasn't set up for speakers. He also brought another amp; larger and for speakers-only that didn't make it out of the carton.

Mar 21, 2011 at 2:48 PM Post #79 of 475
Any more info to get me excited (or not)?

I'm new to tube amps. I know they have a warm sound generally, but I'm wondering about brightness. How did this compare brightness wise? Do specific tubes give a brighter sound?

Mar 21, 2011 at 4:17 PM Post #80 of 475
So does anyone know if this would be a suitable addition to my Peachtree Decco? (I've always heard it's an amazing DAC/pre with a so-so amp section) I'm gonna be picking up some B&W 685 hopefully, and while I figure my Decco's 50 WPC should do the trick, I think I'm at the point where a separate amp would be beneficial.

Mar 21, 2011 at 5:59 PM Post #81 of 475
For those of us who have a Mk2 en route direct from China, do you understand the tracking process? http://www.track-chinapost.com/ When I do the track, it just says "Passed China Customs". Anyone else order from China before?

Mar 22, 2011 at 12:33 PM Post #82 of 475
sounds to me like it passed through chinese customs on its way out of the country. Now it's probably in a cargo container on a boat headed over, if you're overseas.
Just be patient, don't bother with tracking every day, and soon enough you'll have a surprise at your door!

Mar 22, 2011 at 1:26 PM Post #83 of 475

Quote:
sounds to me like it passed through chinese customs on its way out of the country. Now it's probably in a cargo container on a boat headed over, if you're overseas.
Just be patient, don't bother with tracking every day, and soon enough you'll have a surprise at your door!

I know, just excited about the new toy. Still a 5 year old at heart.

Mar 22, 2011 at 9:16 PM Post #85 of 475
Highly interested in this amp. As a guitarist, im very familiar with 6l6 and EL34 tubes and their sound characteristics. Would be very nice to have something i can use with tubes i will be purchasing regardless. Please fill us in on the impressions when you guys receive yours!

Mar 24, 2011 at 9:12 AM Post #87 of 475

Quote:
I hope some of you guys get yours soon. Can't wait for some impressions.

I hope mine doesn't take as long as mid april before it ships from here in canada.

Garry told me 20-30 days ship time from China to me
frown.gif
. I assume your amp is en route as well, just making a stop in Canada first.

Mar 24, 2011 at 8:02 PM Post #89 of 475

Quote:
damn, that's way slower than I would have thought.

Oh well. It'll get here when it gets here, I suppose. Since I live in Canada, mine is indeed going to him first (edmonton?) then here (toronto-ish)

I thought I posted this earlier... my amp has arrived in the States:

Inbound Into Customs
Inbound International Arrival, March 24, 2011, 11:03 am, ISC LOS ANGELES CA (USPS)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back